🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 142 - The Great Debates, Our Close Friends

HEY BAE HOLLYWOODHEADS!

I know some of you cool beans are on Chapsnat and Tweetbird and Instantgem and not on Facebook and so didn't see that the penultimate episode of The Reality Show Show was selected for Splitsider's Pod-Canon. Pod-Canon is even more special than Podmass. Podmass appears almost everyweek, while Pod-Canon appears rarely. The episode in question will have to go through the Congregation for the Causes of Awesome Podcast Episodes, AKA Nathan Rubin, before it can be canonized.

Also, Hollywood Handbook is the Pick of the Week in the latest How Did This Get Made minisode (at the 46:20 mark). And Paul Scheer said some very nice things about HH.

• Like 7

You always want to believe the best about your friends, but I have to put a voice to some fears that are starting to eat at me.

Last week, we were given very strong proof that Sean is both a psychopath and a sick fuck (in fact, we even got an admission from Sean himself) and now this week it was pretty heavily implied that Sean tried to drown his Oma in the tub.

I hate to be the one to bring it up, but I think there's something wrong with my friend Sean. It might be time for Hayes, Engineer Brett and maybe Steffi to get together and stage an intervention. And they should probably do it soon, before Sean really starts using his devastating circular fighting style to accomplish his own psychopathic ends.

• Like 11

ah, i see my vision board worked and i have willed a brand new episode of america's favorite podcast into existence. thank you jah and jesus.

Combine them and you have jahsus

• Like 6

Paul F. Tompkins makes everything better

• Like 10

Love the Yokozuna/Skeletor story at the very beginning.

And I'll probably love the rest. Can't say yet. I'm only at the very beginning. Will update.

• Like 6

HEY BAE HOLLYWOODHEADS!

I know some of you cool beans are on Chapsnat and Tweetbird and Instantgem and not on Facebook and so didn't see that the penultimate episode of The Reality Show Show was selected for Splitsider's Pod-Canon. Pod-Canon is even more special than Podmass. Podmass appears almost everyweek, while Pod-Canon appears rarely. The episode in question will have to go through the Congregation for the Causes of Awesome Podcast Episodes, AKA Nathan Rubin, before it can be canonized.

Oh god-the I HAVE A BMW, A PORSCHE, A MONSTER TRUCK, A HOUSE, AND 30 COMPANIES!!! guy! Reality Show Show was so good. I love HH more than I love most things in life, but sometimes I like to hear S&H being themselves and not characters*

*yeah, I know. Sean and Hayes arent playing characters on HH

• Like 12

just spent 5 minutes turning the "I HAVE A BMW..." rant into a ringtone

• Like 13

The boys have done it again folks, another superb episode.

cmon cliff is this the best you can do. Just a quick review of the podcast? Cmon lets drop a sick reference

This ep was a lot like one of my favorite ska bands, it got very REEL

shucks, this still doesnt feel all that good. you'll never get an L from a host with content like this. even if they do happen to read the boards this week. you're no kevin o'brien

lol ok so that comment sent me to the youtube vid for one of their songs and I dunno I think this guy would fit in great around here

h04q5cx.jpg

ok thats great. this is the one.

• Like 16

Love the Yokozuna/Skeletor story at the very beginning.

And I'll probably love the rest. Can't say yet. I'm only at the very beginning. Will update.

Update: I also loved Hayes's "BYE!" at the very end.

And everything in between. THOSE ARE ALL THE THINGS THAT I LOVED.

• Like 8

great ep until the final 30 seconds, that "fake the nation" skit wasnt very good who would listen to that

• Like 18

Pod-Canon is even more special than Podmass. Podmass appears almost everyweek, while Pod-Canon appears rarely.

To put this in terms everyone can understand, which is to say terms from the Mega Mobile Smash Hit "Pokemon Go", Podmass is like a Pidgey or a Ratatat, but Pod-Canon is like a Ekans or a Dratini, which is to say it's the same thing but rarer and longer (physically).

• Like 8

i know that this is well-worn territory, but those pokemon namers were not very creative.

lets see, it's like a snake, but since it's a pokemon, we'll just spell it backwards since it's that fucked up

• Like 6

This Pokemon thing is killing the internet. Everyone going outside and exploring their surroundings, it's ridiculous. Get back inside, get on your computers, and do something that matters, guys. I need to be entertained. Smdh

• Like 8

Yeah, the forums have been dead ever since the Pokemon boom. I mean, what am I supposed to do while my phone is charging in between Pokemon hunts? Go back to reddit? This forum has ruined all other websites for me

• Like 9

Off-topic for this episode, but I was at my grandma's when I noticed one of the scholarly books Sean has written.

Sacajawea book cover_zpsnlk9d4rv.jpg

Here's the table of contents:

Sacajawea book_zpsosslpbpq.jpg

• Like 21

Poor Paul. I've heard of washing your mouth out with soap, but washing your mouth out with razors? Well, yes I have heard of that. Eat Harry's razor, Harry's razors are best good razors for putting on inside mouth. I love Harry's razor for the win

• Like 9

Great ep with some real O_o' insights (that means :flushed: in japanese emoticon)

-Popcorn gallery -

Dear guest: Team Mystic rules, valor and instict drools, thoughts?

• Like 5

Sacajawea%20book%20cover_zpsnlk9d4rv.jpg

Sacajawea's signature must be worth at least 20 gold Sacagawea coins. nice find

• Like 11

Why can't Hayes sit correctly? Doesn't know how or too cool?

cantsit.jpg

• Like 16

Those were some great debates, feeling more informed already. Such a battle of wits it was. I had an Ouma too, she was my mom's mom. Her real name was Mabel, she also went by Curly. She could yodel and play the accordion. Anyone else have an Ouma?

• Like 9

Why can't Hayes sit correctly? Doesn't know how or too cool?

cantsit.jpg

FYI, any "jokes" regarding Hayes' high-knee will be flagged as vulgar.

• Like 12

Great ep! Did you hear that shout out to me in the second ad? Sean has to talk to me in code so Steffi doesn't get jealous but he clearly said "legendary waterman" not "legendary water man".

Gonna dine off this for months!!!

Thanks Sean!!

• Like 8

Picture this: a sick Pokemon Go screenshot of a Metapod with something Hollywood Handbook in the background (an iPod? my laptop?) and I post a classic noho zinger like "Check out this dope Metapod...... oh yeah and here's a pokemon too"

• Like 15