🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Introducing...Katie Couric

A sneak peek of "Katie Couric," coming to Earwolf on July 28th! Join us for candid unscripted conversations as Katie and her co-host Brian Goldsmith take a trip to the Capitol and visit with Senator Al Franken; talk with Bob Costas about why he loves the Olympics; and hear why Jonathan Weisman quit Twitter. Subscribe now and you won’t miss a thing. And don't be shy, leave us a voicemail at (929) 224-4637.

Do you think at any point she'll talk U2 to me? :unsure: I just... I have no one to talk about Huey Lewis and the News or Citizen Kane with in my life right now...

• Like 3

Nobody wants this.

It is likely true that very few current Earwolf listeners want this, but I assume that Earwolf sees this as a big, shiny lure for a more aged demographic and even people who don't currently listen to podcasts.

I don't expect it to be anything that will outdo Radiolab, TAL, or Snap, but I'll give it a shot before I pass judgement.

• Like 4

katie hmu

can guarantee 1,000s of soundcloud plays

is this a new pft character or

From the thumbnail picture, I genuinely thought that maybe it was June from HDTGM doing a character podcast.

I have a feeling Couric is trying to rip off Who Charted. But let you tell you, I know Howard and Couric is no Howard!

• Like 1

I assume that Earwolf sees this as a big, shiny lure for a more aged demographic and even people who don't currently listen to podcasts.

Yeah, no shit....

Remember when Earwolf was a comedy podcast network?

Yeah, no shit....

Yeah...I liked your original post because I read the "this" that no one wants not so much as "a Katie Couric podcast" as "Earwolf turning into...whatever it's turning into". But hey, it's not like I'm an investor and it's (sort of) easy to just ignore this stuff, so whatever.

• Like 3

Yeah, no shit....

Yeah...I liked your original post because I read the "this" that no one wants not so much as "a Katie Couric podcast" as "Earwolf turning into...whatever it's turning into". But hey, it's not like I'm an investor and it's (sort of) easy to just ignore this stuff, so whatever.

If that is what everyone really wants to go back to, then either a significant segment of the shows currently produced by Earwolf should be dropped or Wolfpop has to be resurrected to curate non-comedy shows like "The Wolf Den," "I Was There Too," "Question of the Day" etc.

As a huge fan of The Wolf Den I'm totally stoked for this get. It screams increased earnings.

• Like 2