🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

The absolute pinnacle of Nicolas Cage disasters, with equally miserable performances by Michael Biehn and James Coburn. Though not the protagonist, Nicolas Cage delivers the most balls out ridiculous tantrums of his career and there is added insanity in the form of cameo appearances from Charlie Sheen, Peter Fonda, Talia Shire and Mickey Dolenz. This movie is a trainwreck that confuses and fails so intensely it makes Season of the Witch palatable and Drive Angry seem like a glorious fable of modern day folly.

Looks classic. Directed by Christopher Coppola- Cage's brother! Unfortunately this "auteur" has not had much work since this flick...

[attachment=1978,51]

this is peak Nic Cage insanity. after a while you're just kind of in shock over it. however the rest of the movie is terribly boring.

• Like 1

Featuring Nicholas Cage

After he accidentally kills his father, Mike, during a sting, Joe tries to carry out Mike's dying wish by recovering valuables that Mike's twin brother Lou stole from him years earlier. But Uncle Lou is also a confidence artist, and Joe is soon drawn into his increasingly dangerous schemes.

Hey,

love the show. You guys need to do Nic Cages worst movie ever, Deadfall. Every movie he has ever performed in palls in comparison to this one film. I saw Wicker Man in theaters and by far this surpass his bear-suit escapades. Its tomatometer is currently at a 0 and the audience rating is a 29%. I have never laghed louder in a performance by Nic in all of my life. I once read a review that stated that he must of been paid in coke, and nothing could be further from his character's portrayal. If you like the jest of the sting with Nicholas Cages most crazy performance, then you will find this movie a comedy gem worthy of the show,

I started to watch this movie last night and hoooooooly crap is Cage's performance weird.

A bad-movie website I used to frequent did a recap of this movie, and it actually got the attention of the director, Christopher Coppola. According to his one short forum post, they kind of got screwed out of their budget by another movie.

Maybe if you could get him on to explain the ordeal...

I keep forgetting that Cage HIMSELF is a Coppola. Just imagine what you guys might be able to pull off if you get in good with the family...

I don't think a bigger budget would have saved it. The plot was somehow both obvious and nonsensical and money wasn't the problem with Nick Cage's performance. That said, this movie is only really worth watching for Cage, once his character is no longer in the picture you're left seeing if it wraps up as predictably as you think it's going to.

I honestly have to say that Nicolas Cage is one of my favorite people to watch in a movie, because after all of these years I can not decide if he is a seriously incredibly talented actor (Leaving LV, Adaptation, Matchstick Men), a hack who does action films for the money because he's always in tax trouble (Con Air, The Rock, Bangkok Dangerous), a family/romance movie actor (National Treasure, Cpt. Corelli's, City of Angels) or a legitimately insane person who was born a Coppola and does movies (Vampire's Kiss, Wicker Man, Deadfall).

But Deadfall is by far his craziest performance ever. I think he was going for Dennis Hopper from Blue Velvet as played by Peewee Herman.

• Like 1

I tend to look at Cage as an instrument like the bagpipes. If used by someone who doesn't know what they're doing you get a horrible mess, but if used by someone who knows what they're doing you can get something cool. It all depends on how the director harnesses his "Cage"-ness.

• Like 2

Check out the craziest Nicolas Cage performance in the 1993 movie Deadfall and the truly bizarre 1987 The Garbage Pail Kids Movie!

Easily one of the worst movies I have ever seen. What's crazy to me is Nicolas Cage was already famous when he decided to do this movie.

I can't even go into describing this movie because anything I describe to you is a spoiler. The entire movie is a giant, heaping pile of garbage. The script is unbelievable. Nicolas Cage's acting style looks as though the director got him insanely drunk and coked out and just told him to do whatever he wanted.

only saw the youtube highlights but JESUS CHRIST this is prime material for you guys. You can even see some unfinished parts of a movie set (like no ceiling) in the background.

I don't think I've ever seen this movie. was this the inspiration for Drive Angry.

Got to look for this film and add it to my list.

More likely it was the inspiration for the crack smoking scenes in Bad Lieutenant.

BTW, love the new avatar.

How is this movie not getting more traction? I mean, come on...look at all this Cage!

tumblr_n6cr6kx0g21td9xxuo1_500.pngcage face 1.jpgvlcsnap-2011-02-20-02h12m23s222.png

Although, you may want to just limit it to the Cagey parts. Otherwise, it's a real snoozer.

This movie is a gif factory of crazy Cage. I almost stopped the movie once Cage was gone, but then all of a sudden there's Charlie Sheen dressed up like Hugh Hefner and doing a Rod Serling impersonation and a guy with a robotic crab hand. This movie HAS to be done.

• Like 1