🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I was just thinking of this and had to search to see if it's been suggested. I can't believe there is only one post about it. This movie must been seen. It's absolutely crazy. Please, please do this movie.

I just watched the above trailer and it plays up the comedy much more than the actual movie does. It's incredible.

• Like 1

I totally second this. I saw it a few weeks ago as part of Cage double feature at the Castro in SF and it did not disappoint at all. Cage goes absolutely bats in it.

One of my favorite movies every made. I refuse to be friends with people who have not seen it.

• Like 1

This movie is insane. The things Nic Cage does are amazing. This needs to be watched.

its not on netflix anymore but you can get on amazon right here http://www.amazon.com/Vampires-Kiss-Nicolas-Cage/dp/B000068IET/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320647569&sr=8-1 or it might be cheaper to get this double pack http://www.amazon.com/Bitten-Vampires-Totally-Awesome-Feature/dp/B000PMFRZQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1320647569&sr=8-2 . But you guys must watch this. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

• Like 1

This was by far one of the most absurd and hilarious films that I've ever seen. I would love to hear this episode. Truly ridiculous cage.

I am dying to see this movie done. There is literally so much for you to pick at that you will need 2 hours. I'm begging.

This movie would be awesome to see, I noticed he constantly losses his accent and when he has it you can't really tell what kind it is also his performance makes this movie one of the best worst movies ever

I just saw this last weekend. This would surely be the ultimate HDTGM movie? This film has 'literally' the largest performance of Cage's career. It's insane in so many different ways.

• Like 1

Years ago I caught the last half hour of this and was completely baffled. The plastic vampire teeth, wooden stakes, the accents, the 80s and whatever happened to Maria Conchita Elanzo? I finally saw the whole thing and it still made little sense but, to really grasp Cage's later career you have to watch this movie.

this is a very special movie thats dear to my heart. it's when I first relized how screwed up of a actor Nic Cage really is. this is so bad it's good this film. I love this movie..

The best part of this movie, is nic running around in the night club later on in the film with his new teeth. That is just price less moment.

For anyone reading who hasn't seen this yet: DO IT. You think you know crazy Nic cage performances... you have no idea.

This isn't a bad movie, it's just a movie that's insane. It's meant to be, you can tell the choices are deliberate. Nic Cage plays it to the bone and this is the movie that really made me understand that our main flourishes when you give him something crazy or weird to do. This, Bad Lieutenant, Deadfall, Raising Arizona, Adaptation, Wild at Heart, etc.

It would be a good episode for the podcast because it is edge-fo-the-universe insane.

• Like 1

This isn't a bad movie, it's just a movie that's insane. It's meant to be, you can tell the choices are deliberate.

I'm not so sure about that. Vampire's Kiss was director Robert Bierman's first major production and this was also still fairly early on in Nick Coppola's career, before he became, well, what he's known for today. The DVD of this is well worth seeking out for the commentary track with the two of them; they apparently hadn't even seen the film or spoke to one another since 1988. Both of them talk about being inexperienced and unclear on the direction of the film. It's very interesting, one of the only commentary tracks I've ever found worth actually listening to.

• Like 1

"That Guy", sort of agree with you, he's always selecting strange movies and doing odd things with his characters. Case in point "Peggy sue got married". check out this voice acting in that film. He did some odd things, in this film. his strange voice pitch for one. I like Peggy sue got married a lot and I watch it when ever it's on tv. Some reason I cry at the end of this film, I don't know why. right at the part when Peggy is going to go home from the 1960's and has gotten the help of her grandfather. I think it's the most true time travel movie ever, in that i believe even if you could go back in time, you would not change anything no matter how hard you try. btw Jim Carrey does a crazy cameo in that film.

A couple of my gripes with this movie are that: a. IF the accent is on purpose, and it's supposed to be a reflection of the character's pretension, they never really make that clear and b. it's not entirely obvious that the character has rabies. I LOVE the premise and it demonstrates a descent into madness really well, but had they made these two things clearer (which you have to read about the movie to find out) it would have been a less confusing movie.

I don't think Vampire's Kiss is a movie you should not go too deeply into as far as story goes. just enjoy it for it's own crazyness that it is.

You know whats funny is Nicolas Cage did the same movie right after Vampire's Kiss called "Time To Kill" and guess what it's almost verbatem the same story arc. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100762/ but this time rather then rabies it's leprosy sorry to spoil it but it's not really a spoller as it happens really early on in the film. it's amost the same Fing film. Too funny. I don't know where you would see Time to Kill as it had gone right to pay tv, when I had seen it on cable channel superchannel here in canada many many moons ago. No Idea if it hit video.