🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SMR

The Number 23 (2007)

The worst movie I've ever seen in the theater.

• Like 3

One of the worst films i have ever seen where Jim Carrey loses his shit and sees the number 23 in EVERY fuckin thing AND its directed by Joel Schumacher...the Batman Codpiece master! With only an 8% on rottentomatoes.com this should be a no brainier!

• Like 1

Great horrible film with so many absurd questions to be asked.

Sample though process:

Originally posted on the 31st day of the 1st month of 2012?! 31+1 = 32, 23 reversed! 2012 = 20 and 12 = 2+0 and 1+2 = 2 and 3 = 23!!!

Nothing like seeing the trailer and reading the name Joel Schumacher to lower your expectations of a film. they had Jim Carrey, it should of been a good film, but it feels like a cheap play on lost numbers idea, it's even one of the numbers from the tv show lost 23. didn't Nicolas Cage do a movie that was on the lines of the same subject called "Knowing" guess what that was a bad movie too.. ohh man.,

• Like 1

didn't Nicolas Cage do a movie that was on the lines of the same subject called "Knowing" guess what that was a bad movie too.. ohh man.,

I know. It's almost like movies can't do anything to make the concept of "numbers" scary.

The exact number of shits I didn't give about this movie? 23!

You sound pretty blocked up, have you considered a gentle laxative?

• Like 1

I know. It's almost like movies can't do anything to make the concept of "numbers" scary.

I heard someone say once that numerology was science for imbeciles.

Pretty much spot on.

• Like 2

Check out the "Yeah Its That Bad" review of Number 23.

I love it when movies like this are reviewed. I still get to appease my small interest in a story i never should see and the podcast is entertaining.

I heard someone say once that numerology was science for imbeciles.

Pretty much spot on.

Calling it 'science' is being far too generous.

• Like 1

This movie would literally be perfect for this HDTGM. Should have been another step for Jim Carrey to show he wasn't just a comedic actor, but it just failed... in the best way possible.

Jim Carrey stars in this preposterous psychological thriller about numerology regarding the mystery of the number 23 with Joel Schumacher as the director. Has an 8% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and has a plot twist that you will see from the distance. Fire up!

I've never seen it but I have a friend who absolutely loves it. I'm almost afraid to watch it and realize my friend is batshit insane.

I'm pretty sure this suggestion is already buried deep, deep in the forum, as I think I mentioned that it's such a crazy coincidence that 23 is the exact number of shits that I don't give about this movie! Hi-yo! But still, yeah, good one for this podcast.

I'm reviving this.

It is Happening-level perfect for the show.

Fuck this movie. I would re-watch it if they did it though.

I want to bump this. Just the plot of this movie is enough to make Paul, June and Jason's brains explode.

2 divided into 3 isn't .666, it's .667 or .66666666666666666... on forever. It doesn't just end 3 digits in. This movie is clearly full of holes!

• Like 3

Also Euclidean geometry has only 5 axioms. There are 23 definitions in the first chapter but those are NOT THE SAME THING.

• Like 1

There are 23 previous comments before mine, this must mean something.

• Like 9

Sign in to follow this