🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DreamingStarkly

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans (2009)

The great Nic Cage gives arguably his best performance as a drug addicted cop with a prostitute girlfriend (played by Eva Mendes), This movie has some of the most insane moments in a movie. This is my favorite

• Like 3

Please, please do an episode on this movie. It is, by a generous margin, the most ridiculous of the Ridiculous Cage movies. There is a scene in which Mr. Cage stand fucks a club whore after stealing her cocaine (because Katrina makes everyone do cocaine). When the club whore stand-fucker's boyfriend attempts to run off, Mr. Cage shoots his gun into the air and threatens his life, insisting that he watch the stand-fucking.

It. Is. Art.

Please, please do an episode on this movie. It is, by a generous margin, the most ridiculous of the Ridiculous Cage movies. There is a scene in which Mr. Cage stand fucks a club whore after stealing her cocaine (because Katrina makes everyone do cocaine). When the club whore stand-fucker's boyfriend attempts to run off, Mr. Cage shoots his gun into the air and threatens his life, insisting that he watch the stand-fucking.

It. Is. Art.

I would like to lend my support. This movie is insane and yet it's possible that it's legitimately amazing.
http://www.avclub.com/articles/bad-lieutenant-port-of-call-new-orleans,40124/
To pitch it to Paul, I stress that this movie is a remake directed by Werner Herzog, who never saw the original movie, who strapped a camera to an iguana and asked Nic Cage for two hours of his best coke-addled improvisation. Oh, and Xzibit is in it.

I'm this movie isn't good, nor is it bad, it's just absolutely insane. This is Nic Cage at his crazy best and all it can make you wonder the whole time is "How Did This Get Made?"

as ridiculous as this one can be, I wouldn't call it a "bad" movie by any stretch.

• Like 3

I don't think so either, I feel like this movie goes in the category of Fast Five with movies that aren't bad, they just go completely off the walls. I feel like this movie was made for this podcast.

Nick Cage high on CRACK!

I did love this movie though. I am a big Herzog fan.

Agreed, that film is fucking insane. I think they just gave nice cage a fake badge and followed him around with a camera for a few days. I genuinely want to know how this got made.

• Like 2

It. Is. Art.

Oh man, yeah, that was difficult to watch.

Agreed that this needs to be tackled. In one scene there is a shootout between some gangsters, with Cage's associates coming out on the winning side. Immediately after it happens a coked-up Cage laughs and insists that they shoot the corpses again because, "Their soul's still dancing," and we see the souls break-dancing, accompanied by the ghost iguanas that seem to haunt Cage through out the whole thing. This movie is bonkers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RDdpdVZUCM

• Like 1

I was in awe of this movie for how nuts it was. From Cage being Cage to Iguana cam to the 80s teen movie style ending. That ending was bizarre as hell all of the loose plot points get wrapped up in a matter of a minute making me think it was a Nic Cage fever dream as he was overdosing, but it ended up being real as he goes to the aqaurium with the guy he saved in the beginning, seriously?

• Like 1

I love this movie and would agree it's not a bad movie but an insane one. As for the guy who suggested giving Cage a fake badge and following him around with a camera, my God man I would watch that show every night for the rest of my life!

A gem in the most honest sense of the term. This isn't a bad movie in any way.

I agree Nic gives an awesome performance, IMDB says he snorted real baby powder when he was doing "coke" in the movie.

I like to think of this movie as "A Day in the Life of Nic Cage"

• Like 3

I like to think of this movie as "A Day in the Life of Nic Cage"

Well it's not a full day, nowhere in the movie does he punch the Pope or ride a Pterodactyl to his job at the Gummy Bear factory while reciting lines from Snake Eyes.

I legitimately love this movie. It's complete and utter madness, but in the way that I wanted a Werner Herzog/Nic Cage collaboration to be.

So is Nic Cage America's answer to Klaus Kinski?

Sign in to follow this