🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 435 - Jim Gaffigan Says No

Comedian extraordinaire Jim Gaffigan joins the prestigious Comedy Bang! Bang! 1st Timers Club! Jim and Scott chat about why strawberries suck, having his real family be in TV car commercials, and what he wants the world to know about his TV Land show "The Jim Gaffigan Show." Later, our old friend Tito Ben returns from the Eagle Rock plaza to update us on his Filipino Blockbuster business and to pitch movies starring himself and Jim. Plus, fugitive Matt Knight arrives to confess what has been keeping him on the run for over 20 years.

• Like 1

"Brass tacks": FWIW Dept.: No one is too sure of what the origin is for this idiom (or at least nobody probably should be). In such things as furniture making, they are the finishing touch...so Let's wrap up this discussion might come from that. In terms of laying it on the line/being blunt or at least straightforward, bulletin boards in businesses and government agencies used to be much bigger deals than they are now (actual, non-virtual bulletin boards). Your bosses (but not mine, myaaan) and public servants would put up a bulletin with brass tacks. And there's even some notion that it's a corrupted reference to tin tacks or even tin backs (as in buttons?). Might as well drag in the Ting Tings. But perhaps it's rhyming slang for "bare facts" or the like...

http://blog.oup.com/...s-idiom-origin/

W Brett Maddox W an absolutely beautiful plugs theme, iliciting a totally disgusting reaction from Gaffigan.

Good ep

• Like 1

I know Tito said he played the Hulk by wrapping a bunch of bounty around his arms, but according those pictures he doesn't need any padding. (what i mean is: holy crap, Eugene Cordero is ripped)

• Like 3

Karl's right, strawberries do suck

With all this politics talk can I just advice everyobe to vote for Jill Stein :)

I could listen to Scott and Jim (Karl) talk for hours. Great chemistry. Cool bros!

C+

• Like 1

I love how Jim kept leading the interview into crazy side tracks, and Scott had to hustle to keep up. A sparring between two greats!

I'm super impressed any time a decidedly mainstream comic can come on and not just be funny and have a good chat with Scott (which anyone good can do), but really mesh well with the vibe of the show and the characters (which is another skill set altogether).

It was really funny when Scott made himself laugh by saying "or Uncle Woman" during the Leesa ad.

• Like 5

Adam Scott would kick Matt night's ass in a race.

• Like 2

Did anyone else start chanting "Look it up Scotty, look it up!" in their kitchen while listening to this? Will we see the proper return of the 'Look it up Scotty' chant? Find out next week on Comedy Bang Bang

• Like 5

At one point Scott says "According to you." but does not then say "According to Jim."

I am cancelling my subscription.

• Like 5

At one point Scott says "According to you." but does not then say "According to Jim."

I am cancelling my subscription.

He also asked Jim "Are you a genie?!", and neither of them pointed out (at that point) that Jim's wife is named Jeannie.

• Like 2