🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Boys and Girls is a romantic comedy film that was released in 2000, directed by Robert Iscove. The two main characters, Ryan (played by Freddie Prinze, Jr.) and Jennifer (Claire Forlani) meet each other initially as adolescents, and later realize that their lives are intertwined through fate.

In this romantic comedy, good friends change their feelings about each other over the course of their four years in college. Ryan (Freddie Prinze Jr.) and Jennifer (Claire Forlani) have known each other since grade school, though their oil-and-water personalities don't always mesh. Engineering student Ryan focuses on his studies and future career, while Jennifer likes loud music, partying, and not doing her homework. As they suffer their share of disastrous relationships, these two opposites begin to wonder if they were meant to be more than friends. The supporting cast includes Jason Biggs as Ryan's loudmouth roommate Hunter, Amanda Detmer as Jennifer's neurotic pal Amy, Alyson Hannigan as Ryan's sometime girlfriend Betty, and Heather Donahue, who is no worse for wear after her experiences in the Maryland woods in The Blair Witch Project. Director Robert Iscove also worked with Prinze on She's All That (1999).

Directed By: Robert Iscove

Rated: PG-13

Running Time: 1 hr. 33 min.

Genre: Comedy, Romance

Release Date: June 16, 2000

DVD Release Date: November 14, 2000

Came here to recommend this one.  I put it on in the background when seeing it on HBO Max and knowing that I had watched it (along with a number of other Freddie Prinze Jr. romcoms of the 90's/2000's) in the past and wanted to refresh myself. I couldn't believe just how basic and simple it was.  Positives are that the movie lets a lady be the typically jokey, sort of aloof character who doesn't really see what's in front of her for once.  Also has a really cringe-filled soapy dance scene out at a club. 

Also Jason Biggs plays a guy just trying to get laid and the most effort he puts into it is lying a bunch and constantly dying the top of his head different colors.

It's not even really "bad" it's just boring and completely predictable. 

At least do a mini-sode about this scene: