🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JosephDaley

Mean Girls.

I don't think there's a movie that I find personally more responsible for establishing my understanding and communication with the opposite gender, or culpable in the reevaluation of my sexual identity than I do Mean Girls. I love this movie, and I feel like pretty much every cinephile that I know 25 and under, shares that feeling...

I'm not sure it's quite had enough time on the shelf, but I know this movie is canon worthy.

• Like 2

I'd was talking about this film with a co-worker last night, though in conjunction with another feminist masterpiece: Legally Blonde. Go ahead. Try and refute that Legally Blonde is so ahead of its time that pretty much no one understood what it was saying when it was released. I mention this, because I think you could make a really great versus episode out of Mean Girls and Legally Blonde.

I second the motion that Mean Girls is a significant enough film to warrant an episode. And this thread is reminding me I haven't seen Legally Blonde in ages...

• Like 1

How about Mean Girls v. Anchorman? Both 2004 comedies that hold up and are ADORED by millennials, with the glitzy "guys v. girls" dynamic to keep it interesting. Adam McKay v. Tina Fey? All goddamn day!

...damn, I googled and 2004 was a pretty important year for mainstream comedies. (Shaun of the Dead, Napoleon Dynamite, Team America: World Police, 1st Harold & Kumar in addition to Mean Girls & Anchorman)

• Like 1

The "She doesn't even go here!" exchange is still probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen, I need this episode to happen.

How about Mean Girls v. Anchorman? Both 2004 comedies that hold up and are ADORED by millennials, with the glitzy "guys v. girls" dynamic to keep it interesting. Adam McKay v. Tina Fey? All goddamn day!

Mean Girls vs Heathers would be a better match-up.

• Like 2

Mean Girls vs Heathers would be a better match-up.

A little better of a matchup. An Anchorman versus doesn't make any sense. But I don't think any of these are a shoe-in and should just be stand alones. Anchorman is so overrated.

• Like 1