🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 143 - Showrunners Panel, Our Major Event

Our boy did good. Who knew Sean was so funny?

• Like 2

Hayes and Sean should do a podcast akin to Analyze Phish but for the Mountain Goats and call it Up the Earwolves.

Let's Make a Darnielle?

• Like 1

Are there really people who don't like The Mountain Goats? Serious question.

This is how I imagine it would go:

Hayes: Have you ever heard of The Mountain Goats?

Guest: No

Hayes: Listen to this --(plays literally any song from them)

Guest: Oh wow they are great, how have I never heard of them? My life used to suck and now it is great. Thank you so much!

Hayes: No Problemo, dude!

• Like 2

Found a Wartortle!!!

May have lost a finger. But I think he will do well in a Gym.

post-119328-0-82504200-1469465681_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

I've heard No Children and liked it but no others, where do I start?

• Like 5

It depends. If you want more stuff like that, Tallahassee would be a good place to start. All Hail West Texas is the album that a lot of people say is the best, though.

• Like 2

http://dontgetmestar...-mountain-goats

they cover a lot of songs in this ep (obviously) and it's really funny. If you want to go straight into albums Sean suggests starting with The Sunset Tree, if I recall correctly.

• Like 4

Hi Andrew. I'm a big Mountain Goats fan. The records Tallahassee & We Shall All Be Healed are a good place to start. It's the point between the lo-fi/boombox era and the studio/full-band era. going forward or backward from that point will give you a good rounded taste of what MG's do.

Lo-fi records I like: Coroner's Gambit, All Hail West Texas, Zopilote Machine, Nothing For Juice.

Hi-fi records I like: (beside the aforementioned Tallahassee & WSABH) Sunset Tree, All Eternals Deck, Heretic Pride.

There's a pretty uniform approach to structure in the MG's catalog, the one outlier being Get Lonely, where instead of his usual nasal whine and heavy attack on acoustic guitar he sings in mostly a falsetto and piano is the lead instrument. It's very good and I highly recommend it. Here's the first track.

cheers.

• Like 2

I will go to bat for

as the best of the lo-fi era but all the suggestions in here are good.

also I was going to say that the utu2tm tmg podcast should be "hast thou considered the tetrapodcast" but I googled and someone on reddit already thought of it, so nevermind don't consider it

• Like 2

Hey guys - hot enough for ya?

• Like 4

i gotta tell ya, i got my fingers crossed for Hayes' patented "high knee" in the photos for the next episode

• Like 1

after today's CBB i'm straight thirsty for Hayes and Sean to do other podcasts -- getting to hear even one of them twice in a week is so great

• Like 2