🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
CarolineEAnd

Episode 112 - Since You've Been Gone

It's been five long months since "Weird Al" Yankovic last left his mark on Comedy Bang Bang. In that time he has released his highest charting album to date with Alpocalypse and he's in studio to discuss the recording of the album as well as his worst gig ever and his nerdy relationship with groupies. It's been even longer since Dame Sir Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber flounced his way into the show, and thank God he's here to once again jazz up the Would You Rather theme song and offer up parody ideas to Al. If you haven't yet, be sure to read How The Bread Is Made, Scott's blog series about the making of Comedy Bang Bang.

Yeah! Comedy Bang Bang! 2011! Great episode! 2011! Jeremy Piven! Death to infidels! 2011!

New episode already? Did I miss something and the frequency of episode releases has gone up? Hope so, it's fantastic.

There was a bonus episode on Friday because of the guest host and today's episode dropped a day later because it was 4th of July yesterday is all.

Is it me or does Weird Al look disturbingly like Russell Brand in his profile photo?

Anyway great episode as ever Dame Sir Andrew and Weird Al are always great on the show.

Didn't think it was worth a new topic as you're probably on top of it already, but I see the problem with the soundcloud links-
"http://soundcloud.com/comedybangbang/cbb-112/s-uZmwb/download" is what gets generated for the link, which 404s.
"http://soundcloud.com/comedybangbang/cbb-112/download/s-uZmwb/" is what actually works. Just a misplaced /download :)
I took all of about five seconds to look into that, so that might not be consistent..thought I'd give you a heads up.

Also, I haven't listened to this episode yet but wow did I laugh out loud at the last one. Thanks for that :D

What a treat. Two of the best guests on the same episode. I enjoy the new slightly indignant ALW.

The title of this episode reminded me of the song by Kelly Clarkson because I am so lonely. It was fun listening to this episode pretending Kelly was in the room with you constantly being interrupted by everyone talking. Kelly's frustration explains why all her music videos are the way they are. Great Episode. Yea Yea.

I really want a full version of Don't Fry for Me Marge and Tina, I was crying laughing so hard when he started that.

Wow, this was a top fiver I'd say, definitely in the top ten at least. For someone who's not in the indie/alt/underground comedy scene, Weird Al fits into the show amazingly well, I loved how he started the word association game yelling, "Pizza!" and then ended up telling a mini-story for each word. And PFT was top notch as always, ALW is probably my favorite character of his, and he did not disappoint.

Also, that was the best WYR in a while, especially with the twist at the end. Al and Paul both play the game so well, it left me wishing there was a Would You Rather tournament of champions like Doug Benson is doing with the Leonard Maltin game.

Scott's declaration that he'd like to see Kelly Clarkson "work a big, fat turd" because "she's got a nice turd cutter, in my opinion."

• Like 1

Ah the download button isn't work!

That link is working for it though, hopefully will be fixed soon.

PFT was so on the ball, and Al was a great counterpart!

Don't Fry For Me Marge & Tina = brilliant!!

Glad to hear that I am not the only one jerkin' it to Kelly Clarkson's turd-cutter!

An instant classic, for sure.

The only thing that could have possibly made this episode better is if Dame Sir ALW had started his interview by blustering into the studio in his own inimitable fashion. You know, like when Scott would be welcoming us back from the first song, and mentioning that we were listening to Comedy Bang Bang, and reintroducing Weird Al Yankov-- I SAY, WHAT'S GOING ON IN HERE?!

The turd thing was great. I actually had the same thought as Al was talking, but I was thinking "it's better than seeing her work a big fat turd." But Scott took it the other direction and I burst out laughing at work. That was a great line.

The whole episode was great, but I just about lost it at the Kelly Clarkson joke. Al and PFT are perfect guests as well.

What happened to the CROWD of people that is usually standing in Dame Sir ALW's way when he's entering?

Scott's declaration that he'd like to see Kelly Clarkson "work a big, fat turd" because "she's got a nice turd cutter, in my opinion."

one of the funniest and grossest things scotterman's ever thrown out there

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this