🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SamEyeAm

Hudson Hawk

Ok, so this movie is one of my guilty pleasures, (I'm a sucker for anything Bruce Willis does, what can I say?) But the premise is so preposterous that I can 't even begin to tell you what it's about All you need to know is Bruce Willis and Danny Aiello (sp?) are cat burglars who sing songs (out loud!) to keep time during heists...and it goes from there. Trust me, you must do this one. Or the kitty gets it!

I was pretty upset when the man who played a talking baby, not once, but TWICE, said that Hudson Hawk was his one career regret.
Bunny..ball ball.

"The 56-year-old revealed that the movies he is most ashamed of are Hudson Hawk and The Bonfire of the Vanities - films that the actor made in the early 90s."

Correction, one of two.

I third this recommendation - and not because it's a guilty pleasure. Because it is certifiably insane (and unfathomably awful, in my opinion).

I third this recommendation - and not because it's a guilty pleasure. Because it is certifiably insane (and unfathomably awful, in my opinion).

From 1991, starring Bruce Willis, Danny Aiello and my wife's least favorite person on earth, Andie McDowell. The synopsis doesn't do this movie justice, it has to be seen to be believed.

IMDB gives it a 5.4, Leonard Maltin gives it 2 stars and a pithy write-up, and Rotten Tomatoes gives 22%/53%.

Bruce Willis has been in some really great films, but he's also been in some really terrible ones too. For every Pulp Fiction and Sixth Sense, there's a Look Who's Talking and Charlie's Angels 2. But of all his bad films(Fifth Element, Unbreakable, The Kid, etc.), this one takes the fuckin taco for sure. Between the cartoonishly over the top action sequences, retarded dialogue, and rididculously out of place song and dance numbers, you'll be sure to wonder how this hunk of shit got made.

He was involved in the writing too.. never again it should be noted.. yeah i saw this recently for the first time. Apparently, like The Tourist, it was marketed as an action flick but after the disaster at the box office the home media tried to advertise it as a comedy instead.. even changing the cover wording from 'Adventure' to 'Hilarity' i believe.

Fourth wall breaking looks, campy performances and direction that sullied the wonderful Richard E Grant deserve nothing short of being totally ignored.

Haha, thanks for the info Mark. I had no idea Willis helped write this garbage, that explains a lot. This definitely has the potential for a great episode.

Oh I agree whole heartedly.. I only recently got to see this masterpiece and had just happened to read about it around the same time as i was reading "With Nails" and Grant's thoughts on what a mess the production was. Watching it reminded me of those bad parody movies like Top Secret, Hot shots etc.. that where just bad and knew they were bad and yet still kinda fun to watch knowing it was bad. Hawk seemed to want to be cool while doing the same thing.

Tales of Cage wanting to switch roles in Trespass seem almost tame by comparison. As bad as Top Secret was I still love the scene they did all in reverse.. now that took some effort and imagination, not to mention the best reverse acting since Bruce Campbell.

"Hey, it's 1991 and Bruce Willis is huge from Die Hard. Why not put him back into a Moonlighting setting with lots of European locations? How can it lose?"

Starring Bruce Willis as a cat burglar who times his heists by singing show tunes to himself, I'm not kidding when I say that this movie is up there with Love Guru as a surreal endless parade of jaw-droppingly misfired jokes.

Another film that's nowhere near as bad as people would have you believe. It's not always great, but it's got a good enough sense of its own silliness, and the plot drives along at a merry old pace...I like it.

I remember loving it too. I really need to revisit it and decide if the critics where right, if it was just ahead of it's time or both.

This would be a good one. I secretly loved it as a kid, but it's absurd.

This would be a great episode of HDTGM only because this movie would absolutely infuriate Paul, June, and Jason.

• Like 1

I'm always surprised when anyone says they like this movie. I just... don't get it, I guess. Borderline unwatchable for me (but somehow also intriguingly bonkers, and would definitely make a great HDTGM episode).

EDIT: On second thought, maybe on the kitschy/ironic so-bad-it's-good level, I get that, but people legit liking it? You are a stronger human being than I.

I think the fact that it was intentionally silly and kitschy was why those who liked it really liked it and those who hated it... I might be ahead of it's time in terms of intentionally silly action movies (that and The Last Boy Scout, which I hate. I'm not against vulgarity, but the way vulgarity appeared in that movie... made me feel uncomfortable.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKbZlcWzwGQ

My favorite/least favorite Bruce Willis movie ever, where a recently freed cat burglar is caught in a plot to steal several priceless works of art to finish Da Vinci's alchemy machine.

Um......yeah.

Sign in to follow this