🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

it's got Vince Neil and Paul Shaffer Gary Busey, Gilbert Gottfried

t7xu8g.jpg

ohh and one last thing

CARROT TOP!

about goddam time!

Looking forward to this like a colonoscopy with out pain killers.

I bet that will clearly be the next episode for the show.

Sorry guys, not according to Twitter...

Although, personally, I am very relieved they aren't doing it

• Like 3

Sorry guys, not according to Twitter...

Although, personally, I am very relieved they aren't doing it

Me too, honestly. I think covering the first three was more than the movies deserved; there's really nothing to say about them at this point.

I'm surprised that poster doesn't have a literal kitchen sink in it.

• Like 3

The only downside of refusing to do another Sharknado movie is denying us a Scott Aukerman episode of HDTGM.

• Like 8

Holy shit this starts with a Ian Zeiring reveal of him chopping wood in the most trope-tastic way as a guy who's done with it all. This is clearly now just about cameos, as in about 3 minutes I've counted almost ten cameos, and not even hugely recognizable names like Frank Mir and Roy Nelson (UFC fighters), one guy who I'm sure is a cameo who actually says "who's that guy?" and then Vince Neil who for no reason says "girls, girls, girls" while rolling dice at a Craps table, and Corey Taylor from Slipknot who most might not recognize outside of his trademark mask. I don't mind the bad graphics since it's a bad SyFy movie, but this movie is winking so hard it might as well be Popeye.

Okay, now there is a robot Tara Reid, an evolving tornado, and for some reason a nod to the horror movie Christine by Steve Gutenberg, despite him having nothing to do with that movie, making the nod worthless. Also Tara Reid literally is shocked that the baby from the last movie has aged five years, despite her giving birth to the kid five years prior in the timeline of the movie.

• Like 2

I DVR'd it last night, and I feel oddly committed to watching it, even though each Sharknado has brought less enjoyment than the previous.

I couldn't finish it. It's kinda the same experience I had with the second one where I cared so little about the story they were trying to write that I couldn't make it to the huge sharknado climax.

• Like 3

My stray observations:

• Gary Busey as Tara Reid's father explains a lot. Actually, Busey was probably my favorite in the movie, he seemed like the only one that put any effort into acting
  • By this point, I can usually tell when some role is supposed to be a cameo, but I honestly have no idea who most of these people are. Am I out of touch with pop culture or are they scraping the bottom of the barrel on cameos
  • Tara Reid as a robot is a lot more believable than Tara Reid as a human being.
  • They must have had to pay Disney to say "May the force be with you" and it was such a weak payoff.

• Like 2

• By this point, I can usually tell when some role is supposed to be a cameo, but I honestly have no idea who most of these people are. Am I out of touch with pop culture or are they scraping the bottom of the barrel on cameos

They are most definitely scraping the bottom of the barrel.

• Like 1

I DVR'd it last night, and I feel oddly committed to watching it, even though each Sharknado has brought less enjoyment than the previous.

In economics, it would be said you have gone through a series of diminishing returns.

I couldn't finish it. It's kinda the same experience I had with the second one where I cared so little about the story they were trying to write that I couldn't make it to the huge sharknado climax.

Honestly, I had my computer in front of me and did not pay attention for the majority of it. If I had tried to sit there and pay attention I would have been so bored.

Okay, now there is a robot Tara Reid, an evolving tornado, and for some reason a nod to the horror movie Christine by Steve Gutenberg, despite him having nothing to do with that movie, making the nod worthless. Also Tara Reid literally is shocked that the baby from the last movie has aged five years, despite her giving birth to the kid five years prior in the timeline of the movie.

I just found out that was one of the cars used in the original film? Like we were all supposed to immediately recognize the car? By far one of the weirder moments.

• Like 1

I just found out that was one of the cars used in the original film? Like we were all supposed to immediately recognize the car? By far one of the weirder moments.

A carmeo.

• Like 4

I think that it was a combo misplaced crossover and cameo. Alexandra Paul also of Baywatch was in Christine and Steve Gutenberg is in 2 Lava 2 Lantua.

• Like 3

That made me so angry... I love it

Hahaha. I was groaning to myself when I wrote that. How dare I.

• Like 2

I caught most of the cameos for guys that were wrestlers/MMA fighters and a few crappy reality stars like the Christleys, Dog the Bounty Hunter, and the Millionaire Matchmaker. I still cannot for the life of me figure out who the guy was at the slot machine who asked "who's that guy" before tugging his jacket collar up, I feel that he's either some 70s/80s bad TV star or comedian, I just haven't been able to figure it out. I thought Busey and Hasslehoff's daughter gave the best performances and really loved the bit where Busey deadpans that the ashes the Finn family thinks are Tara Reid actually belong to their dog, which makes me wonder did he just kill the dog so he could have ashes to give them? Another thing I missed while watching this but what happened to Finn's Son's wife? I looked away for a second and she was never shown again in the movie. I doubt I will sit through the fifth one, because now it is just so self aware it's not even worth it. The only way I might tune in is if the cameo list for the movie is bonkers good with people like Meryl Streep, Daniel Day-Lewis, and Leonardo DiCaprio, showing up just to make people break their necks from doing such hard double takes to see that these people actually are in a movie like this.

I'm five minutes in, and Dr. Drew is marrying people as they jump out of a plane, because CAMEO! Fuck this movie right in its stupid face.

• Like 1

Yeah it's really bad when the cameo list is actually longer than your cast list.

• Like 1