🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 141.5 - Minisode 141.5

You guys are too much, ganging up on Cam like this. His silence is worrying me. Does anyone know where he lives? We should check his area hospitals' burn units.

• Like 5

Loving everyone's love stories!

Watching Law and Order has kinda been ruined for me since going to law school. All I see is police coercion in confessions and super shady detective work. I really have to turn my brain off. I prefer Law and Order:Plain because the trial stuff at least engages in legal ethics.

I do the Criminal Minds thing too but I usually speed through the Gideon episodes tbh. Early Spencer Reid hair and wardrobe makes me cringe. I only want to cringe at gore not clothes.

Haha, Law and Order:Plain. And wow, Ellen, law school! Go you!

Yay! Glad I'm not alone with CM. There are definitely episodes I skipped. I wasn't sorry to see Gideon go. His character is a bit melodramatic.

I think CM is one of the few long-running shows that actually improves as time goes on. Starting from season 10, there are much fewer storylines involving sexual violence against women. There is also more diversity in guest stars and background actors. There was even an Asian unsub! I think making those changes prevented the show from getting stuck in a rut. Kudos to Erica Messer, one of the few female showrunners.

ETA: Oh, last week's ep is on AV Club's Podmass! Along with eps from "Hollywood Handbook" and "Bitch Sesh", 2 other podcasts that I love.

http://www.avclub.com/detail/close-encounters-presents-open-dialogues-about-sex-240368

• Like 3

So you were being a nice guy ;)

You mean, was I able to achieve that which I just described as being the bare minimum for human decency? Sure was.

No, being nice was enough to get her to come over; being something more is what convinced her to stay.

Loving everyone's love stories

Me too!

You mean, was I able to achieve that which I just described as being the bare minimum for human decency? Sure was.

No, being nice was enough to get her to come over; being something more is what convinced her to stay.

I meant you were a nice guy, not a "nice guy."

• Like 3

I meant you were a nice guy, not a "nice guy."

No worries! I didn't really take offense. I was more or less using it as an excuse to hammer home my own point. :) I probably shouldn't have said anything...

By the way, congrats on your C&O win! That puts you at four wins since The Holiday Special! That's a very impressive record.

• Like 2

No worries! I didn't really take offense. I was more or less using it as an excuse to hammer home my own point. :)/>/> I probably shouldn't have said anything...

By the way, congrats on your C&O win! That puts you at four wins since The Holiday Special! That's a very impressive record.

How do you know? Do you keep a record?

ETA: do you have 3847326 wins?

• Like 2

How do you know? Do you keep a record?

ETA: do you have 3847326 wins?

Ha! Paul had said on a mini-episode that he wondered if people were keeping track of the wins. I was already listening to the mini's for the Howdies anyway, so in the off chance they wanted to include that information, I went ahead and kept track.

• Like 2

Ha! Paul had said on a mini-episode that he wondered if people were keeping track of the wins. I was already listening to the mini's for the Howdies anyway, so in the off chance they wanted to include that information, I went ahead and kept track.

Any interesting trends or observations?

I just wanted the excuse to post that Regular Show gif lol

I wish I had delivered a sick burn to deserve that awesome gif.

• Like 1

I wish I had delivered a sick burn to deserve that awesome gif.

Well even though I know that it was all meant not to be a burn because Cameron is a genuinely good, kind dude I still giggled and had the inspiration to post it.

So deserve it you did.

• Like 2

Ohhh so when you said "bring something else to the table," you meant have a big—, okay, I gotcha.

Elegantly segueing . . . Guys if you haven't listened to Bitch Sesh yet and am curious to know what the fuss is all about (how it became a hit with both critics and listeners so fast), I recommend starting with ep. 3 where our June Diane is the guest. Then ep. 20; Casey Wilson's micropenis encounter alone is worth the price of admissions. Then ep. 34, the show's first live ep.

All this talk of nice/"nice" guys reminded me of a song that I haven't heard in a long time, Shy Guy from the Bad Boys soundtrack. What a blast from the past!

[media='']

[/media]

A week ago I saw The Golden Child (it's streaming on Hulu now). It still holds up! It's still funny and it's still a little scary (the blood oatmeal).

• Like 2

Any interesting trends or observations?

I'm going to put this behind a Spoiler tag, just because I know C&O's are definitely going to be a part of the Howdies, and while I don't know if "win" statistics will be included, I don't want to ruin anything for anyone who might want to wait for the episodes to come out.

The funniest/oddest thing that I noticed was that Cam Bert (I wonder where he went...) had a "win" for both Sharknado 2 and 3. The weird thing was, both posts had to do with time and distance as it's portrayed in the Sharknado Universe. They were both good posts, but listening to them back to back I was like, "Well, I guess we found Cam Bert's wheel house."

Well even though I know that it was all meant not to be a burn because Cameron is a genuinely good, kind dude I still giggled and had the inspiration to post it.

So deserve it you did.

tumblr_lt8uehGC5p1qju9ado1_500.gif

• Like 4

Ohhh so when you said "bring something else to the table," you meant have a big—, okay, I gotcha.

Yup! Right there on the table. What did you think I was talking about? :P

• Like 3

Yup! Right there on the table. What did you think I was talking about? :P

Poker cards. To do card tricks. PUAs advise using magic to seduce women.

• Like 2

Elegantly segueing . . . Guys if you haven't listened to Bitch Sesh yet and am curious to know what the fuss is about (how it became a hit with both critics and listeners so fast), I recommend starting with ep. 3 where our June Diane is the guest. Then ep. 20; Casey Wilson's micropenis encounter alone is worth the price of admissions. Then ep. 34, the show's first live ep.

Bitch Sesh is responsible for causing so many inappropriate burst-out-loud moments while I'm on public transportation. I also love the episode where Casey lost control of her bowels in bed.

• Like 2

suicide squad reviews are starting to drop ... some moderately positive ... some not so ... 3/5 seems to be the common consensus ... i really wanted BvS to be good but i really really wanted SS to be good ... DC seem to be dropping the ball this year

but what do critics know ... right??

• Like 1

suicide squad reviews are starting to drop ... some moderately positive ... some not so ... 3/5 seems to be the common consensus ... i really wanted BvS to be good but i really really wanted SS to be good ... DC seem to be dropping the ball this year

but what do critics know ... right??

It's already at 36% on RT...

The consensus seems to be that it's better than BvS but not a ton? That doesn't boost any confidence.

• Like 5

36!!! jasus ... i'm busting out a conspiracy theory and saying the early reviews are a backlash over the "movie critics are snobs and only the opinions of the public matter" line that was used when the early reviews of BvS started coming out ... i'm staying positive .. for now

Colon Blow would be or could be a great name for a band if your band looked like this.

2i895j4.jpg

I think for that style of music if your going to use the name colonblow you should call it John smith and the colon blow band. or what ever your first name and last name are of the lead singer is for that style of music that was heard on this weeks show.

It's already at 36% on RT...

The consensus seems to be that it's better than BvS but not a ton? That doesn't boost any confidence.

Oh like that's a high bar to get over.

I made a post on tumblr about how Jared Leto is going around saying the Joker is a "misunderstood sweetheart" and people better not wooiefy him like they did with Loki from "the Avengers." And now I'm getting all these anonymous comments explaining WHY Joker HAD to sexually assault Barbara Gordon in "The Killing Joke" and I kind of want to throw my computer out the window.

That's why I came over to these boards. You guys give me strength.

Maybe I should just reply to all of them with some Colon Blow?

• Like 4

That's why I came over to these boards. You guys give me strength.

tumblr_ly84l2awcH1qe0tgxo1_500.gif

• Like 5

tumblr_ly84l2awcH1qe0tgxo1_500.gif

Colon Blow gives you strength?

Elektra Boogaloo I would love to see your tumblr about Jared Leto. he is after all the sun of god.

21jss2g.jpg

• Like 1

I also love the episode where Casey lost control of her bowels in bed.

Hahaha. Yes. Ep. 21 with the hilarious Drew Droege.

One thing I've noticed about the Suicide Squad reviews is that quite a few critics (female AND male) wrote about the sexism in the movie. Even as recent as say, 5 years ago, the way female characters are portrayed in a movie was something not often discussed in movie reviews.

I made a post on tumblr about how Jared Leto is going around saying the Joker is a "misunderstood sweetheart" and people better not wooiefy him like they did with Loki from "the Avengers."

I don't understand. What's wooiefy?

I'd also like to express my frustrations over a few internet comments. I was dicking around the Earwolf forums when I came across a discussion of Zhang Yimou's Hero. The opinions were so wrongheaded and they were delivered with the utmost authority.

• Like 2