🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 437 - Fart Face Fuckers 2

Comedian and filmmaker Mike Birbiglia returns along with improvisers Horatio Sanz and Mary Holland to talk about his latest film "Don't Think Twice," a film about a fictional New York improv group dealing with one of its members getting an audition for a Saturday Night Live type show. Later, swimming educator Lisa Taco arrives to tell us about her competitive swimming program for toddlers, young kids, and teens. Plus, Dr. Phil's half-brother Dr. Bill Phil stops by to explain why the government has given him a robo-beard.

The RoboBeard segment had me in absolute tears! :lol:

• Like 1

Maybe it's me, but for me? I'm pretty bummed that Horatio didn't tell us the route he took to Lake Michigan.

• Like 8

Birbiglia Birbiglias the shit outta this.

He was really a little scoundrel!

• Like 2

"I'm Scott Aukerman, your wonderful host." I went back and listened to this part 7 times in a row and laughed each time like it was the first time I was hearing it.

• Like 5

Maybe it's me, but for me? I'm pretty bummed that Horatio didn't tell us the route he took to Lake Michigan.

I know, WTF? He perfectly set himself up for it.

That aside, really fun episode.

• Like 1

"The Menudo of pools", that reference crushed me

• Like 2

Despite a withering rebuke by Paul F. Tompkins during the 2014 Best Ofs, Scott still says "half-hazard". That takes guts.

• Like 4

next time please include some shots of robobeard in action. thank you.

Such a funny episode, this might be one to remember for the best-of's voting.

I wonder if the guests on the Australian tour will include R. Schrift, Claudia O'Doherty and/or Claudia O'Doherty's mother. Those lucky Australians.

Big fan of the guests coming in prematurely. That shop talk would have been a lot more boring with just Scott and Birbigs

Can someone let me know if Scotty Auks' switching of the Sydney and Melbourne dates was an on-air gab, because I already booked my flight & show tickets...

Highly recommend Don't Think Twice. Saw it at SXSW and it might've been my favorite of the whole festival.

• Like 1

"I'm Scott Aukerman, your wonderful host." I went back and listened to this part 7 times in a row and laughed each time like it was the first time I was hearing it.

not to mention the ridiculous Dollar Shave Club ad -- "I'm a great guy. i'm one of the greatest guys in the history of the universe"

what a goof ball.

• Like 1

not to mention the ridiculous Dollar Shave Club ad -- "I'm a great guy. i'm one of the greatest guys in the history of the universe"

what a goof ball.

This deal could not have come at a better time, though. Thanks for the dollarshaveclub.com/bangbang offer!!!

Why? It wasn't particularly funny. He does that all the time.

Once again, there's a tendency to drown out the women on the show. Or maybe the women just don't impose their opinions as much as dudes. Holland's been on a ton of times, too, so I'm surprised she gets interrupted or ignored as much still.

Why? It wasn't particularly funny. He does that all the time.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not... But if he does say that a lot it's the first time I've noticed. And his reaction to saying it made me laugh a great deal.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not... But if he does say that a lot it's the first time I've noticed. And his reaction to saying it made me laugh a great deal.

Well I went back and listened to it about five more times. For me it just falls in the same category as "I'm your intrepid host," "your brave host," etc etc. So then his reaction wasn't genuine, but more of a "ha! why would I do this thing, this thing that I always do?" I can't be the only one that agrees? But maybe I'm giving his meta-comedic game too much cred.

Well I went back and listened to it about five more times. For me it just falls in the same category as "I'm your intrepid host," "your brave host," etc etc. So then his reaction wasn't genuine, but more of a "ha! why would I do this thing, this thing that I always do?" I can't be the only one that agrees? But maybe I'm giving his meta-comedic game too much cred.

This guy gets it!

Edit: Not!

• Like 2

Anyone have a link to this episode? Been wanting to play it again, I know it use to be a YouTube but I can't find it.