🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
camerons1986

Enemy Mine (1985)

Me! It's easy to pick on it, but it's so well-intentioned.

Dennis Quaid's career is more of a mixed bag than a 10 pound sack of trail mix, and this is one of the... I don't even know, but it's an example, to be sure. I enjoy this movie a whole bunch and would never call it "bad," but any movie that involves pregnant aliens and possible off-screen extraterrestrial lovemaking is surely appropriate for this podcast.

Between this and "Iron Eagle", Lou Gossett Jr. was probably my favorite actor when I was 8. This was on HBO alllllllllllllllll the time.

I do remember this movie and vaguely remember liking it. But I also liked "Mac and Me" as kid as well, so there's no accounting for the taste of the child.

The scene where Jerry,the pregnant male alien is giving birth and screaming "DAAAAAAWWWWWWWIIIGE" while Dennis Quaid,who at this point in the movie looks like Eddie Vedder and is wondering if he fucked a Drac,is acting like it's completely normal alone mkes this perfect for HDGTM

Have they ever considered this one? It just came to mind this morning, I haven’t seen it in ages. Per Wikipedia it was a box office bomb and rather lame. Lol sounds like a solid choice for the gang to watch 😎

This movie sat in my memory for years, as a story of mortal enemies who must rely on each other for survival.  While it isn’t exactly that, the main part of the movie is an interesting story, as the 2 strip away all the hatred, mistrust etc. that divides them.  Then the child comes, and our “hero” cares for him and they walk off into the future - the movie ends with you wondering what they’ll face next.

But it’s NOT over, you get to immediately learn what they’ll face next - it’s the Temple of Doom slave mine for some reason!  The last part is really stupid and fits the rest of the story like pickles on a sundae.

Sign in to follow this