🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 142 - The Phantom: LIVE! (w/ Eliza Skinner, Ed Brubaker)

That might be because no one knew who the fuck the Phantom was in this world, as he really only fought injustice in his fictional island.

But even on the fictional island no one was like "welp you've been branded by The Phantom so we are gonna kill you now cause you're clearly a shit dude"

Wasn't that tribe kind of hidden and it was only the British colonials who were really interacting with people? At that point I think it's a matter of them not wanting to acknowledge his existence or that they condone his actions, like Jim Gordon did the first few years working with Batman.

Paul and Jason are in Funny Or Die Presents Donald Trump’s The Art Of The Deal: The Movie, which is now on Netflix. Paul plays Roy Cohn and Jason plays a homeless man (you can see him in the trailer). Paul and Jason did a lot with their small roles.

I was broken up with on Friday. This movie surprisingly helped me yesterday. Also saw Suicide Squad, I just have no good will for DC anymore.

• Like 3

Ellen, I'm giving you an internet hug while simultaneously cutting a bitch. No one messes with my Canadian twin!

tumblr_m03utmmYcU1qcr41p.gif

• Like 2

I was broken up with on Friday. This movie surprisingly helped me yesterday. Also saw Suicide Squad, I just have no good will for DC anymore.

Ellen, I'm "liking" your post out of sympathy. If you ever need a diversion from the bullshit, we're here for you.

Baby-Hugging-Cat.gif

• Like 3

Ellen, I'm "liking" your post out of sympathy. If you ever need a diversion from the bullshit, we're here for you.

Baby-Hugging-Cat.gif

Haha I get that, thanks. Is your location an Inside Llewyn Davis reference? I just noticed it.

• Like 3

Haha I get that, thanks. Is your location an Inside Llewyn Davis reference? I just noticed it.

It is as you say.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Cool lol so we can say we've now successfully killed my joke?

Didn't mean to kill a joke I was just responding to what I thought was a straight comment/question. I just don't think that the Phantom gets around too much, I mean shit he paid the cabbie first in foreign money that was worthless and then countered it with gems that with a value in the thousands, would have caused that guy in the real world 20s to say fuck everyone and drive off with that cab into retirement.

And the jerk didn't have the decency to do it during a live taping of HDTGM?

In all seriousness, sorry to hear that, but before you know it, you'll be whooping it up with turtle time.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Again, it seemed like the best idea on the planet until that couple beat me to it, and they had a better right to the proposal based on the previous episode they were on. That being said, in terms of who gets divorced? it's GAME ON, New York couple!!

COUPLES KUMITE!

If you guys have a baby (totally up to you but I think you should), you can come to the show and give it to Jason.

tumblr_inline_nkcd7g6OiH1rn9822.jpg

• Like 5

And the jerk didn't have the decency to do it during a live taping of HDTGM?

I just died laughing, that was wonderful :)

• Like 3

Paul: OK, ma'am give us your your alternate title, your best JCVD impression, and your question. Go!

Audience Member: Well, Timecop: Roger Coreman's Terminator? Um, "Ah ahm a streht fedder." Also... Jenny, you're adopted.

• Like 1

I gather The Phantom talk is winding down now, so if anyone wants to talk about the new Luke Cage trailer, I'm all for it!

All I can say, besides the fact is it looks awesome, the trailer gave me the two things I really wanted to see: Luke Cage in his Power Man "tiara," and a first glimpse of one of my comic book crushes--Misty Knight. I just hope they can squeeze Danny Rand in there somewhere, but I imagine Luke and him won't meet until Iron Fist.

• Like 4

I am so fucking hyped up for Luke Cage! I thought we were gonna have to wait till Thanksgiving like with Jessica Jones but we're getting it in less than two months and I am soooooo excited!!!

• Like 3

Oh firsttimecaller, I wanted to give you one more recommendation that I just remembered! Bitch Planet! I bought the first three issues and then fell off of keeping up with the releases cause of saving cash but I just started again and it's just as fucking amazing as I remembered!

As for your question, I think this is probably the announcement of the Howdies week.

• Like 1

Oh firsttimecaller, I wanted to give you one more recommendation that I just remembered! Bitch Planet! I bought the first three issues and then fell off of keeping up with the releases cause of saving cash but I just started again and it's just as fucking amazing as I remembered!

As for your question, I think this is probably the announcement of the Howdies week.

noted .. cheers

lets take bets on that..

I bet they will take a break and during that time may give us the howdies awards, They can cut that show up into two episodes.

Hey Taylor Anne, I'm sorry to hear about your break up. That sucks.

Think of it this way, though: every time you think of this breaker-upper you'll associate them with one of the worst movie of the year. And in doing so, this person will become the Suicide Squad of your life. You'll see that you are better off without this poorly written, abysmally edited and shoddily put-together person in your life.

• Like 2

Hey Taylor Anne, I'm sorry to hear about your break up. That sucks.

Think of it this way, though: every time you think of this breaker-upper you'll associate them with one of the worst movie of the year. And in doing so, this person will become the Suicide Squad of your life. You'll see that you are better off without this poorly written, abysmally edited and shoddily put-together person in your life.

Thanks, Cameron H.

• Like 8

Thanks, Cameron H.

Shit! That's what I get for multitasking at work. The above sentiment to you, EllenM, but times a kajillion.

• Like 2

Thanks, Cameron H.

That made me literally LOL'ed.

I'm sorry about your breakup Ellen.

19JMNHZotmrvO.gif

And even though I know this is unreasonable, I can't help but blame Suicide Squad for it.

• Like 4

Shit! That's what I get for multitasking at work. The above sentiment to you, EllenM, but times a kajillion.

Nah, that's cool, it let me get some snark out. But seriously on Suicide Squad, I thought the diciest part of the movie had nothing to with Harley and Joker.

To me it's

when Captain Boomerang convinces Slipknot to go rogue with him but only Slipknot dies. All I could see was a First Nations man dying because of the white Australian's plan.

• Like 4

2016 continues to be the absolute worst. Sorry, EllenM. :(

(Shout out to Amy The Gorilla, wherever you are.)

• Like 5