🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
nickperkins

Homework: Blazing Saddles (1974)

Yes! Currently available for digital rental, or On Demand if you subscribe to Cinemax. Surely, also available at your local library.

I just saw Mel Brooks screen this in Chicago and host a Q&A afterwards. This movie, in a theater full of die-hard fans (and their kids, grandkids, families) laughing at every single scene was something I never thought I'd get to see.

This movie could never be made today, but it got made. And dammit, its one of the funniest and most influential movies of all time.

Plus, it has what was my first exposure to a meta plot, where the ending collapses in on itself in the best possible way.

I'm a hard yes for this movie, and I hope you little bastards don't shoot me in the ass.

• Like 1

About twice a year, I go to youtube and watch Madeline Kahn singing I'm Tired. It enhances my life.

Aw man, another train movie??

Can we do Silver Streak next? How about The Taking of Pelham One Two Three? Does that count?

• Like 1

Can we do Silver Streak next? How about The Taking of Pelham One Two Three? Does that count?

Maybe we should compare different versions of Murder On The Orient Express for the rest of the show's season.

I just saw Mel Brooks screen this in Chicago and host a Q&A afterwards.

I just saw that he'r showing it with Q&A in New York and Boston.

I'm definitely going to try to make it to one of those shows.

Sign in to follow this