🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 146 - Gabe Delahaye, Our Close Friend

Something that I think is missing from American culture is wishing your dining companions a good appetite before enjoying a meal together. So many of my fondest memories with friendships and relationships center around eating with people I love.

So if you happen to be checking out the forums before listening to this week's ep, "Bon écoute" my friends.

Anyway you all ever say "Judd Apatow" in a Julia Child voice? Pretty fun, maybe forget the rest of this bullshit and just try that

• Like 14

This was a very good episode and I'm glad you guys did an opening segment again and not just a guest the whole time, but the guest was good too. Thank's.

6q1HR64.gif

• Like 16

I'm so glad I have this podcast. I know Scott Aukerman is funny sometimes but I never really get the sense that he's hittin it right? I just like to hear about people like me, read comic book, science book, book instead of the movie, nerds but not dorks, hittin it right, built a certain way, too scary, smart funny cool nice dudes and sometimes ladies who just ball out making the big money getting all the laughs. So choice.

• Like 9

I'll tell ya something right now, and I don't care if it ruffles some feathers, but I listened to this episode and enjoyed it #sorrynotsorry

• Like 6

i love a good old classic format ep of HH. yes i do

This was like a "Classic mode" episode of Hollywood Handbook.

the most embarrassing part of this is that they were both wearing the same outfit when they wrote these posts.

• Like 14

its too bad making fun of jared leto joker is so played out because he deserves it so completely

Is it really his fault that the media jumped on absolutely everything he did, though? Like, he was just doing his thing, he's not the one posting a million articles about it.

• Like 4

yeah i guess thats true, he didnt physically write any of the stories about the stupid shit he did personally

• Like 16

the media should have respected leto's craft and ignored that he was sending used condoms to cast mates

• Like 19

tumblr_nih320BD7Q1tdo66yo1_400.gif

If anyone was wondering, Jughead's "crown" is actually a whoopee cap, which is a type of hat that young men used to wear which was made by taking a fedora and slicing it up, then flipping the brim upwards. Sometimes kids would put buttons on the front. Jughead at one point put on a unique pin on his hat which attracted many girls to him, so he had to hide it to avoid the crowd of girls rushing1. This was due in part to the fact that Jughead Jones himself is asexual2, and does not show interest in dating or kissing girls.

1; Jughead's hat on wikipedia

2; Confirmation of Jughead Jones' asexuality

• Like 10

the media should have respected leto's craft and ignored that he was sending used condoms to cast mates

He didn't actually do that though. I'VE READ THE INTERVIEWS WITH THE DIRECTOR, DAVID AYER! THEY WERE JUST CONDOMS OUT OF THE WRAPPER, NOT USED! IT'S AN IMPORTANT DISTINCTION! I HAVEN'T BEEN OUT MUCH LATELY!

• Like 6

He didn't actually do that though. I'VE READ THE INTERVIEWS WITH THE DIRECTOR, DAVID AYER! THEY WERE JUST CONDOMS OUT OF THE WRAPPER, NOT USED! IT'S AN IMPORTANT DISTINCTION! I HAVEN'T BEEN OUT MUCH LATELY!

I've read interviews with updog

edit: http://www.eonline.com/news/756288/jared-leto-sent-used-condoms-and-anal-beads-to-his-suicide-squad-co-stars-yup-you-read-that-right

15 seconds

• Like 5

I'm so glad I have this podcast. I know Scott Aukerman is funny sometimes but I never really get the sense that he's hittin it right? I just like to hear about people like me, read comic book, science book, book instead of the movie, nerds but not dorks, hittin it right, built a certain way, too scary, smart funny cool nice dudes and sometimes ladies who just ball out making the big money getting all the laughs. So choice.

dude - this is so true. like i'm reading a diary in the mirror, i'm looking at you and it's me. we definitely have to get you over to my buddies place, it's choice. you'd love it. totally chill, roof top, killer stereo. we're not really party people but it gets out of hand sometimes, lol, some wild stories out of that place. come chill. peace! bring beer lol!

• Like 3

Lol. Jared Leto is so dumb he doesn't even know how to correctly use a condom.

• Like 10

Sounds sick bro, I love roof top. Used to have a buddy stayed over near boys town. You stay in chiraq or closers to chijuana?

• Like 1

How bout Sean C on Facebook Live last night?

Oh man, when Sean says about a recording artist "(S)He's a talent!" it really makes me think that person is NOT a talent. SO GOOD.

One of the reasons I'm a Clementine (I'm gonna keep saying this at least until it's mentioned on the HH podcast).

(PS Hayes cool too. I just haven't thought of a cool nickname for the fandom yet. A Davenportmanteau, if you will.)

• Like 9

Davenportmanteu

points.

oh also we're known as Hayzies or Boneheads.

Boneheads is kinda like Parrotheads where it doesn't refer to the artist rather something the artist is associated with. In this case it's boners obviously.

• Like 9

Oh, by the way, remember the latest episode of Hollywood Handbook? Y'know, the one with Gabe Delahaye?

It's a good 'un. *thumbs up*

• Like 5

Oh man, when Sean says about a recording artist "(S)He's a talent!" it really makes me think that person is NOT a talent. SO GOOD.

One of the reasons I'm a Clementine (I'm gonna keep saying this at least until it's mentioned on the HH podcast).

(PS Hayes cool too. I just haven't thought of a cool nickname for the fandom yet. A Davenportmanteau, if you will.)

if Letterman and Natalie ever became an item, the tabloids would probably call the couple Dave'n'port

• Like 4

I expected the boys to talk about the type of Olympians I always root for, which are the ones who just really believed they could win. That's inspiring to me because that's pretty much all it takes to be an Olympian is just believing harder than the other guys

• Like 5

cody's hair is out of control on the live who charted. clem dawg sporting a grey jacket. so much crossover lately. thanks Auden! you can actually watch them drinking water. thrilling. I even do that sometimes. we are all one

We really are all one. The live Who Charted episode was us looking at the same moon.

2ijn2mu.jpg

A few tidbits from the live ep:

- Sean's suprise birthday party was held at Hayes' house.

- Sean's Massage Therapist's Creed is "Calm, cool, collected, execute."

- Sean said he had tried to give Hayes a massage.

- Sean is writing for a Fox sitcom, "Making History", that is produced by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller!

• Like 11

i heard jared leto used to send Brian Krakow condoms in the mail way back in the days of My So Called Life. Find something else to write about liberal media!

• Like 5