🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JimmyMecks

Good Will Hunting

I was thinking earlier today that this is probably the movie I watch the most and if that's enough for me to call it my favorite movie, a term I always feel too pressured to use. I think it's a sure shot for the Canon but would still love an episode discussing it.

Launched two legitimate stars in Damon and Affleck, mainstream success for a director who always skirted left of center, the best performance of Robin Williams's career, and the basis for one of my favorite B-plots of a Community episode ever:

The best performance of Robin Williams' career? I think that he's good in the movie (definitely the best part) but his performances in Fisher King and World's Greatest Dad are miles better in my opinion. Not to mention Aladdin.

Well I did not know that! haha

do you listen to his podcast Harmontown? It's really good! And it's gotten me through some rough patches, but in the early string of episodes there's a lot of talk about different movies and he's got a vendetta against that one. It's pretty good!

do you listen to his podcast Harmontown? It's really good! And it's gotten me through some rough patches, but in the early string of episodes there's a lot of talk about different movies and he's got a vendetta against that one. It's pretty good!

As someone who really loves Community and Rick & Morty but gets rubbed the wrong way by the man Dan Harmon, I've consciously tried to keep the art and the man separate for myself.

If The Canon tackles a Gus Van Zant film, it should be My Own Private Idaho.

Perhaps Van Zant's definitive film and River Phoenix's best work.

So much to discuss as well in terms of its inception and filming (Phoenix, Keanu and costar Rodney Harvey all got hooked on heroin during filming. Phoenix and Harvey both ultimately died as a result of the drug use that started on this film).

As for Gus Van Sant films go, I'm partial to Elephant.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of Good Will Hunting, but I can imagine an argument for it exists.

Sign in to follow this