🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 147 - Julie Klausner, Back Again

Why show business, why Hollywood, and where is your LA? 7awoh24.jpg

Will someone explain this post to me please? I want to understand!

• Like 5

Will someone explain this post to me please? I want to understand!

oo listen to Hayes on Box Angeles and you will see the host is.... well I said some mean stuff, but I don't enjoy the show. For example Hayes jokingly suggested his parents being affluent contributed to his success in comedy writing and ol Boxy said, in complete sincerity "Oh it's good that you can admit that." Dude is on the verge of asking every guest for a job. Every six months or so Podmass inexplicably covers him and this headline was very funny to me, coming from a grade a boob of a host

And the questions I tagged it with are what Box calles the BAQ... as in... Box Asked Questions I guess? That he asks all of his guests

• Like 10

And the questions I tagged it with are what Box calles the BAQ... as in... Box Asked Questions I guess? That he asks all of his guests

dude never answers my questions and it's fucking hard to track him down to submit Q's into his box-hole. What makes it worse is he complains the whole time about his stupid hemorrhoids. "Box Angeles"? More like, "Invest in some Preparation H-emore".
  • Like 9

oo listen to Hayes on Box Angeles and you will see the host is.... well I said some mean stuff, but I don't enjoy the show. For example Hayes jokingly suggested his parents being affluent contributed to his success in comedy writing and ol Boxy said, in complete sincerity "Oh it's good that you can admit that." Dude is on the verge of asking every guest for a job. Every six months or so Podmass inexplicably covers him and this headline was very funny to me, coming from a grade a boob of a host

Ohhhh. Hahaha.

I have listened to that episode. I don't remember the B.A.Q. (ugh, the name). What I remember very well is the air of depression and self-pity and how Hayes totally picked up on that and down-played his achievements. I couldn't listen to more than half of the ep. It was too sad. I didn't even listen to Sean's ep.

Thanks for answering my question, the No-Horse Man!

• Like 5

747, 727, and 737 - all great aircraft. Likely three of the greatest aircraft of all time. Sean Clements killing it in the "appealing to Chanson's extremely specific interests"and "aircraft Chanson's dad worked on at Boeing" categories this week.

• Like 13

so fuckin stoked for that hamilton fan podcast they played a promo for at the end of this!! for me, hearing rich people jerk off about a terrible musical that is prohibitively expensive to see is something i really want to listen to, and this is the good rap music where they sing about values and how america is good

same, but ironically

• Like 5

747, 727, and 737 - all great aircraft. Likely three of the greatest aircraft of all time. Sean Clements killing it in the "appealing to Chanson's extremely specific interests"and "aircraft Chanson's dad worked on at Boeing" categories this week.

did your dad work on the 757, President Trump's private jet?

• Like 2

so fuckin stoked for that hamilton fan podcast they played a promo for at the end of this!! for me, hearing rich people jerk off about a terrible musical that is prohibitively expensive to see is something i really want to listen to, and this is the good rap music where they sing about values and how america is good

I'm excited to hear adam savage bust the myth that alexander hamilton was william shakespeare

• Like 16

HH forum fantasy football league Week One final scores:

greggy's The Troops over Larry Birdemic's Manti Te'o, 10-7

Just Add Pepper's Dick Jokes over one person's Fart Sound, 24-21

SteveH's Roy Scheider & the Marines over mwn's A Nice Cold Beer, 42-41

souprman's Knights of Columbus over Fabio's Socks' Handcuffs, 31-21

CiscoKid's Cool Breeze from an Open Window over lizzy's Draft Beer, 10-9

Today's action: Number 1 Cheeba Hawk's Half a Handcuff is taking on Joe Lerini's Mutant League Football

The power rankings should come out tomorrow. Julie Klausner will be in studio breaking down HH #147

You can still enter the league. Just draft a team and you will be added to the upcoming schedule

• Like 14

Ohhhh. Hahaha.

I have listened to that episode. I don't remember the B.A.Q. (ugh, the name). What I remember very well is the air of depression and self-pity and how Hayes totally picked up on that and down-played his achievements. I couldn't listen to more than half of the ep. It was too sad. I didn't even listen to Sean's ep.

Thanks for answering my question, the No-Horse Man!

I think Hayes had (still has?) a long-standing policy of saying yes to life, specifically podcast invitations*.

In the case of box angeles, for me it was a great chance to learn more about his life in general, because i am genuinely curious how people came to be how we know them

(e.g. hayzes dad is a business talky guy and mom is dad's manager. hayes sat with the sort-of-cool kids at lunch. hayes was a tutor. hayes hayes hayes)

Hayes is also, basically, a polite person. Horselessman is right, Hayes was a good spirit and tried his best to help the dude put on a good show. Sean is just a more openly/audibly annoyed human in general - he was late getting to his episode and it had an air of resignation, like 'fine I'll do this, but I'm not sure why, but I committed so here I am'. There's a great pic somewhere of Sean signing the guy's table with an expression like 'ok great, not only is it signed there's now a photo of that'

The dude is definitely positioning himself to get involved in the industry, and maybe thinks these episodes will establish his connections with notable people. My biggest annoyance is when it seems like he's asking a guest to share an intimate detail of their lives, gets an answer, and then moves on to the next question. I recall a few times he said something like "here's a segment we do on the show" or "i have to ask this question" - but in the tone of voice like someone being forced to read shitty Loot Crate ad copy. as if it's not his own show and he can't do whatever he wants. all seems so weirdly rushed. sad, because i learned a lot about sean and hayzes stories and it was really interesting stuff.

NOT TO GET ON A RANT OR ANYTHING <---- reference to this episode

* check out Hayes on Greggy's podcast - great fun with Hayes as Johnny Depp, a.k.a. Willy 'Dad's A Dentist' Wonka <---- reference #2

• Like 14

Haven't listened to the episode yet, but I did watch Sunday's episode of Vice Principals that Hayes was a credited writer on, and it was very good.

Sean and Hayes are such modest little good boys that they never plug their own work, so you guys should check it out if you haven't already. There's a great scene where Danny McBride looks at the camera and goes "whaddup whaddup hm yes speak on that ooh no too scary for me, hmm yes frankingsteins" and I turned to my girlfriend* and said "I just KNOW Hayes wrote that line, I got a feeling about it"

*I don't have a girlfriend. Sorry I lied, I thought it would make the story more relatable. I just wanted you all to like me.

zoJpd9z.jpg

• Like 10

You can still enter the league. Just draft a team and you will be added to the upcoming schedule

For my pick I would like to draft "podcast hosts doing a bit around leaving 5 star iTunes reviews"

• Like 10

Hayes you ignorant fuck, I've been to Latvia, they sound like tired Russians, not Italians having a stroke

True, they do kind of sound like tired Russians some days. Or, if you rather, tired Latvians CAN sound Russian.

Other errors include:

Jānis is the most common name, really. That would have worked better.

There is no unincorporated Latvia, but Russia would love to take it, if you can find it.

Saying "Double V" would have been authentic as fuck.

No one saves for medicine. Like the rest of tired, tired world, they all save for MacBooks and Iphones.

Sincerely,

Laff Roit, of Latvija.

P.s. Those VP puns nearly made me spit my beer (Latvija has great beer).

• Like 5

HH forum fantasy football league Week One final scores:

greggy's The Troops over Larry Birdemic's Manti Te'o, 10-7

Just Add Pepper's Dick Jokes over one person's Fart Sound, 24-21

SteveH's Roy Scheider & the Marines over mwn's A Nice Cold Beer, 42-41

souprman's Knights of Columbus over Fabio's Socks' Handcuffs, 31-21

CiscoKid's Cool Breeze from an Open Window over lizzy's Draft Beer, 10-9

Today's action: Number 1 Cheeba Hawk's Half a Handcuff is taking on Joe Lerini's Mutant League Football

The power rankings should come out tomorrow. Julie Klausner will be in studio breaking down HH #147

For my 6th pick in the draft I choose....

a nicotine mini-lozenge AND the entire new england patriots team

• Like 8

I've brought this up before, but it still bothers me - why does he call himself BOX?? it doesn't make any sense! has it ever been explained? Did he make it up himself just because he thinks it rhymes with "los" (it doesn't really).

p.s. i looked at his website. HEY BOX - NEWSFLASH - there are other kinds of beers besides IPA. jesus

• Like 7

From his Twitter, "Just like the box elder tree; soft wood and little commercial value." So he gave himself the nickname?! This is so sad that it makes me angry.

ETA: checked his linkedin profile. He has a degree in civil engineering!

• Like 6

...I do kinda like his nickname, reminds me of my own: Slippery Elm

Speak on that.

• Like 5

Sorry to interrupt Box talk but, this ep was great! Every ep with Julie and everyone who got the Pro Version on her first episode is great!

• Like 10

i feel bad about my kickstarter toaster riding the bench but when you've got The Troops on your team it can be hard to find your place. for my next pick i want tom hanks' hair in the da vinci code

• Like 11