🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 147 - Julie Klausner, Back Again

HH forum fantasy football league Week One Day 4 final scores:

Joe Lerini's Mutant League Football over Number 1 Cheeba Hawk's Other Half of Handcuff, 38-31

nohorseman's Podcast Hosts Doing a Bit & In Memory Of Stickers over Bo Jackson & AZ Cardinals D, 703-2

Current HH forum fantasy football league Power Rankings:

1. Podcast Hosts Doing a Bit & In Memory Of Vinyl Stickers on Average Cars (1-0)

2. Roy Scheider & the Marines w/ a nicotine mini-lozenge & NE Patriots (1-0)

3. Mutant League Football & ASMR Videos (1-0)

4. Knights of Columbus (1-0)

5. The Troops minus the Marines w/ Tahini Sauce & an app-controlled Toaster (1-0)

6. Cool Breeze from an Open Window & a Fly (1-0)

7. Dick Jokes & Vaping Hard as F*ck & Blowing Huge F*cking Clouds (1-0)

8. Two Nice Cold Beers & Robert Kraft (0-1)

9. Fart Sound & TCOAPSAHAOTLARTiCA (0-1)

10. Manti Te'o w/ an AK-47 (0-1)

11. Draft Beer (0-1)

12. Half a Handcuff & a Jug of Milk (0-1)

13. Other Half of Handcuff (0-1)

14. Bo Jackson from tecmo Super Bowl, Katie Ledecky & AZ Cardinals D (0-1)

The Week Two game schedule should be released tomorrow

• Like 13

zoJpd9z.jpg

Brace yourself, beeface. :(

2ugopoh.jpg

This leads to a very important question: which font does the name Hayes Davenport look best in?

For my own entry into the discussion, here's Hayes Davenport in a font called "Most Wazted."

hayes_zpsppwlhbql.png

• Like 11

What did robotam think of the episode???

I liked it.

• Like 11

Silent Hill doesn't have flakes, it has fog.

So sorry.

• Like 7

pre-season week 2 waiver wire -- i drop my gallon of milk and pick up (for my starting QB slot) the episode of The Champs where Chris Rock told DJ Douggpound not to do his signature drops leading to Doug quitting the show

• Like 6

its cool

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but I was. I really hate it when a man uses the launching pad of correcting a woman--and it's always a woman--on an inconsequential point to demonstrate his knowledge of a topic.

• Like 5

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but I was. I really hate it when a man uses the launching pad of correcting a woman--and it's always a woman--on an inconsequential point to demonstrate his knowledge of a topic.

No I wasnt even bothered in the first place about you saying "flakes". Silent Hill is just one of the few topics I can really speak on and I like to do so, and I miss the storytelling style of the original games so I feel like if I spread the word about how/why they were good games, maybe people will go back and give them a chance if they had never tried them before, and someday more games might come out that have real depth to them. It was nothing to do with what you said, really, my soapbox is just really specific so I stand on it any chance I get.

Edit: Recently, a game called "Layers of Fear" lived up to that standard IMHO, and is about the inner struggle of a perfectionist painter who loses his muse and how this causes his whole world to collapse around him.

• Like 4

friggin nerds

*bravely smiling through mascara-streaked tears* Your words maybe as hard as a world-weary private detective, but I know your "likes" are true.

• Like 10

I haven't posted yet this week but I've thought about it a few times. Maybe I'll get around to it. I'm enjoying you dorkuses' postifications though.

Oh hell, I'll just put this up, I thought it was super dorky but what the heck.

SOUPRMAN_SAYS_HELLO.png

I'll also say hi to some people I haven't said hi to in a while-time.

Jeffrey Sweet Jeffrey

Samara the Mean

Smashley Trashley

Annie Fanny Bobanny Fee Fi Fo Fanny Annie

Jude the Rude Dude with a Badd Attitude

Namron the Nice (eyeroll)

Kevin O'Brien a real person

C-man the Chan-Dawg

Liz Muffins of the Boston Muffins'

New York Mike the guy who is walkin' here fuggettaboutit bagels

Nice Alana from down under.

and last but not least The Mad Baller, The Master Blaster, The Monsoon from Bostoon: Mike Bonnetti!!

love you guys.

#hollywoodhandbook4life

edit>shit i forgot New York Jack the guy who's walkin' here fuggettaboutit pizza

• Like 13

For my next pick I draft:

Those commercials where Kevin James' sitcom characters empower each other to eat a fried chicken breast in two bites.

Thank you.

edit> im regretting this pick. will update.

• Like 7

charlie murphy brown doing good work lately

• Like 14

For my next pick I wanna draft David Copperfield making the friggin' Statue of Liberty disappear

If that isn't available I want that scene from planet of the apes, the original one, where he sees the friggin' statue and realize he's been on earth THE WHOLE TIME

• Like 13

For my next pick I wanna draft David Copperfield making the friggin' Statue of Liberty disappear

If that isn't available I want that scene from planet of the apes, the original one, where he sees the friggin' statue and realize he's been on earth THE WHOLE TIME

dude spoilers!

• Like 7

Aw snap my b dude, I forgot you took the 2016 new years watch every movie ever made but in backwards chronological order challenge. What year you on now?

• Like 4

Incoming nerd rant...

Silent Hill doesn't have flakes, it has fog.

In the first game this was a graphical limitation disguised as a bizarre environmental phenomenon but by the second game it had become a metaphor for lack of foresight on the part of the main character, and in the third game the fog was a way for the main character to block out traumatic memories, which it could also be said was true of the second game. The whole rust and paint peeling away and ashes falling from the sky (the latter being based on the still burning underground coal fires of Centralia Pennsylvania) were incorporated into the movie adaptations which are not canon. The Silent Hill canon ends with the forth game, which even then was tenuous, not even taking place in the town itself, but following SH4: The Room, the series was outsourced to different companies outside of Japan and Akira Yamaoka's involvement (Who also wrote the music for the games up to that point) ceased.

The monster with the pyramidal head should not ever have appeared outside of the second game since each character experiences their own personal hell inside of the town and there should be no overlap of monsters between different people, but more over it DEFINETLY shouldn't have appeared as it did in the films because the pyramid is a phallus and was the male main character's own ego haunting him for what he had done.

Game one, the series was finding itself.

Game two was an exploration of a male's experience of regret.

Game three was an exploration of a female's experience of trauma.

Game four was about agorophobia.

After that it gets all scattershot and may as well have a different title slapped on the franchise.

People don't get metaphor.

Wow. Thanks :rolleyes: for man-splaining the video game franchise you're clearly sincerely passionate about :rolleyes: , and truly enjoy :rolleyes: :rolleyes:, male. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

If I womansplained it it would be more innapropriate, no? I am what I am and that's all what I am and I'm just some guy, so everything I say is mansplained.

Edit: And I think I deserve at least a few bonus points for owning most of the Dresden Dolls' albums. Yes, I am one of those freaks that actually buys the CDs of the music I like.

Edit2: When my finances permit which they currently do not, according to this overdue billing notice from my health insurance.

• Like 3

Souprman didn't say hi to me wtf smh etc (what the f*** stephanie mcmahon helmsley edge test crush).

• Like 7

My apologies if this is common knowledge for the rest of you, but are souprman and silvrwoman related? I would especially appreciate a response from souprman or silvrwoman. thank you.

• Like 9

I've told her like a thousand times she's not my real mom.

• Like 16

I've told her like a thousand times she's not my real mom.

can you prove it, souprson?

• Like 6

I haven't posted yet this week but I've thought about it a few times. Maybe I'll get around to it. I'm enjoying you dorkuses' postifications though.

Oh hell, I'll just put this up, I thought it was super dorky but what the heck.

SOUPRMAN_SAYS_HELLO.png

I'll also say hi to some people I haven't said hi to in a while-time.

Jeffrey Sweet Jeffrey

Samara the Mean

Smashley Trashley

Annie Fanny Bobanny Fee Fi Fo Fanny Annie

Jude the Rude Dude with a Badd Attitude

Namron the Nice (eyeroll)

Kevin O'Brien a real person

C-man the Chan-Dawg

Liz Muffins of the Boston Muffins'

New York Mike the guy who is walkin' here fuggettaboutit bagels

Nice Alana from down under.

and last but not least The Mad Baller, The Master Blaster, The Monsoon from Bostoon: Mike Bonnetti!!

love you guys.

#hollywoodhandbook4life

edit>shit i forgot New York Jack the guy who's walkin' here fuggettaboutit pizza

Super liked (that's a reference to the popular app Tinder)

Souprman is one of the best people, you all should take a moment to appreciate that you get to share this space with him. I'd let soup fuck my wife.

• Like 10

Super liked (that's a reference to the popular app Tinder)

Souprman is one of the best people, you all should take a moment to appreciate that you get to share this space with him. I'd let soup fuck my wife.

You are into cuckolding then?

• Like 9