🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Haven't even seen it yet obviously, but is it to soon to recommend Jack and Jill? Looks a little Mrs. Doubtfire-ish to me. Damn it Adam Sandler, why do you make me hate you?

This has been posted before but this title has more topical relevance since it swept EVERY category at the Razzies, presented on April 1st, 2012.

I'm a longtime Sandler fan but watching this movie reminded me of Mike Tyson's last bout where he just sat in his corner too tired to put up any more fight in his weary career...felt sad & had to look away at times.

More impressive about the Razzie sweep is that Sandler had to win worst actress to do it...which he does convincingly.

Al Pacino also embarrasses what is left of his movie career in this steam pile. This movie is upsettingly bad.

Saw about half of this on a plane last week (the airline was also featuring former HTFDTGM flicks Abduction, Twilight Breaking Dawn and The Tourist (under the (WTF!) category of "Classics"))...You're right, Sandler seemed to sleepwalk through it although he did make a bit more of an effort for the Jill role. The first scene with Pacino and Johnny Depp is a black hole of humor so I am curious to see the rest to see how bad Pacino embarrasses himself...

ETA: I think Swardson might have had a line with the only laugh I could muster...Or maybe it was Norm McD - but Sandler even sucked the funny out of him...

View the Half in the Bag episode over at Red Letter Media to hear the most scathing review of this turd and they even go so far as to call Sandler out as a liar and all but a thief over the inexplicable $80M budget. One of the most joyful vidcasts I have ever witnessed.

http://www.redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag/jack-and-jill

Easily the worst movie I have ever seen. Yes the film is barely 90 minutes but its aftermath nearly ruined two days of my life. Who the fuck thought this would be a funny movie? The whole crux of the movie revolves around Al Pacino wanting to fuck Adam Sandler in drag (it's strange how committed Pacino is to this satire of himself (and now writing that down, the concept is bizarre and intriguing dare I say hilarious). This movie should have been called Drag Me to Hell 2 because thats exactly what it did. There are also a ton of bizarre cameos. I don't want to ruin them just just grab a 24 pack of Pabst and let Adam Sandler drag you to hell.

"Drag Me to Hell 2?" I sort of hope that was an intentional pun.

I would like to resurrect this topic and in it's proper place!

I have never seen Jack & Jill nor have I ever wanted to. For a number of years I haven't been able to look at Adam Sandler films without sighing. I used to love Sandler films but at some point they just began looking so awful I can't ever make it through trailers for them- which is why HDTGM needs to do this film.

Sometimes I think June is underused. Justin can be funny but he can also be a little annoying at times leaving me to think that it would be nice to have the show shift focus every once in a while and for once have June helm the show. I hate that every time June starts going somewhere deep, she becomes a punching bag. In the most recent episode 'Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot!' Justin was hilarious and had me laughing aloud at his whole need-to-talk-to-her schtick but afterwords, in reflection, I felt empty and robbed at not hearing a nice insight to June's views.

I don't remember who but I distinctively remember a reviewer being targeted for having a positive take on Jack & Jill and it's precieved social commentary, meaning June's stance is not unheard of. By having preceived social commentary being touched upon in a episode of HDTGM, every once in a while, would add a nice dynamic and understanding of a world view that your listeners may lack.

I came to love this show and only recently finished listening to every episode released (minus half of the minisodes) and would like to give my vote that serious conversing about films wouldn't be too terrible. I love the film dumping and don't want it to go anywhere but I personally find the episodes most intriguing when the love of the film is clearly shown.

Birdemic, The Room, Sleepaway Camp, Crank- I haven't seen any of these films but I can tell you that I literally feel pain at not seeing them based solely on the love that they recieve here. If HDTGM did Jack & Jill, I can't deny that there may yet be a chance I will change my opinion and watch it just to try to understand June's look at it. By giving June a chance to really shine and have a episode where her viewpoint (persumably w/ backup so she's not alone) is showcased, the show could only become better.

Otherwise, what is the point in even having June here on this show? She has said before how she likes alot of these films and the fact that you (Earwolf... or Paul... or whomever) does not use this and at least try making a show where everyone can play at their strengths to not only entertain but to also teach, is very very sad. Even if, as listeners, we look at June's view of a film and disagree think she is nuts- I for one think it would be nice to go into a film or rewatch one for the sole purpose to disect and reexamine it in an alternate light.

P.S.

Yeah, what is up with Bynes? Seriously, when it was Britney Spears or Lohan, people jumped on that craziness faster than you can say their names but Bynes is somehow allowed to continue going off in this seriously frightening direction. Crazy.

This is a podcast whose sole purpose is to watch crazy/stupid movies and comment on what they saw, while being entertaining/funny. If you don't like the dynamic, or just wish it would change from time to time, than you're going to be dissapointed. They've been doing this for a couple years and I don't see any reason for them to go out of their way to change the format of any episode.

As for Bynes, Spears and Lohan were both very big stars, Lohan right on the edge of becoming huge, while Bynes was never that big of a star and hasn't been for a number of years. She was a kid star who had a shitty sitcom on WB or CW and never had any kind of blockbuster movie roles. The fact is most people, me included, see this as, atleast partially, an attempt to stay in the public eye. If not for her crazy behavior she could easily be at the Hilary Duff level of fame.

P.S.

I completely agree about Justin, somebody needs to shut that motherfucker up!

I don't remember who but I distinctively remember a reviewer being targeted for having a positive take on Jack & Jill and it's precieved social commentary, meaning June's stance is not unheard of.

If I recall correctly, this is referring to Armond White, whose main hobby seems to be trolling people. If you don't know his reputation, this is the man who in 2011 hosted the New York Film Critics Circle Awards, and nakedly insulted all the filmmakers who were nominated, including Darren Aronofsky and Noah Baumbach (the latter of whom he once suggested deserved retroactive abortion).

As for being targeted, aside from the obvious Internet dwellers, Rotten Tomatoes supposedly kicked him off for his review of "Jack and Jill," as well as other offenses like ruining "Toy Story 3's" 100% rating. That's his story. According to Rotten Tomatoes, what really happened is he moved from one publication to another, which requires him to get in line with all the other publications who want to be on their site. Although they did admit that they were going to take into account his controversial opinions, that's about the end of the"persecution."

Sorry I ignored the rest of your post, but I felt like I had to share all that.

Raffi has got to give June her time of day. It doesn't help that he's aided by Bob Ducca and Donna to continue his ways.

But now onto this film, I absolutely refuse to believe that June Diane Raphael found this film entertaining in any way. I thought it was overrated in it's badness for beating Battlefield Earth and I Know Who Killed Me's record for Razzie wins, but now I completely understand. This film is not funny, nor is it crazy, nor is it infuriating. It is the literal definition of nothing. There were, like 3 moments where I had a small chuckle, but I couldn't tell you what scenes those were because they were so forgettable, and I refused to rewind this movie to find out. It truly was the first time I wanted to stop watching a film because I knew nothing would come of it, and I would probably gain more watching The Happening again

IF I WERE to say one thing I remember about this movie, it was that it gave me an excuse to hate Katie Holmes. Her character was a shrill, unlikable, unreasonable person who is much more of a crazy emotionless monster than Jill ever could be.

I agree, though. That Justin guy is laterally the worst. #NicksLevelBankers

Would love to hear the gang talk about this terrible movie. Or almost any Adam Sandler movie.

I think you could throw just about any Adam Sandler movie since Punch-Drunk Love out to HDTGM and have a solid discussion over how bad they are. What was Netflix thinking giving him a multi-movie deal?

movie :

Family guy Jack Sadelstein prepares for the annual event he dreads: the Thanksgiving visit of his twin sister, the needy and passive-aggressive Jill, who then refuses to leave.

this move was only second to battlefield earth in razzie nominations and wins.

we need to discuss the absolute horrors of this film.

Jason "zukes": i think this will blow your mind

June: please discuss Katie Holmes and her exasperation

Paul: so much is wrong with this movie

the movie clip below is right to destroy al pacino's oscar :

<iframe src="http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi36740633/imdb/embed?autoplay=false&width=480" width="480" height="270" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" frameborder="no" scrolling="no"></iframe>

happy watching

Sign in to follow this