🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 143 - Gods of Egypt

ahhh shit ... RIP Gene ... thanks for all the laughs and tears...

bg3C1NO.jpg

This shit tore me up all day. ;__;

• Like 6

Oh man. Such an important figure in my childhood and appreciation of comedy. Brilliant comedic actor that could play the driest straight man with flawless timing or just unhinged force of comedy. Gene Wilder was an incredible talent be it acting, singing, writing or whatever he decided to do.Truly he will be missed.

Today at work one of the other foreign people said "I don't get why everybody is so sad about it. I mean, all he ever did was Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory." All I could think was...

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Damn, I was absolutely fascinated by Gene Wilder as a kid, an obsession that started with his performance as Wily Wonka then extended to his Mel Brook appearances (among many others). Whenever I heard his name, my ears would pick up and I would be immediately interested. That still holds true for today, obviously, but just the fact that I could appreciate him when I was six years old... when so much of the rest of the world knows him for performances in films like 'Blazing Saddles' and 'Young Frankenstein,' which are movies so far above the comprehension of six-year-olds. And now, 'Young Frankenstein' is my favorite comedy of all time, largely because of Wilder.

But.... welcome back Cam Bert! Sorry my post starts off so morose, but I am glad to see your erudite presence back at Earwolf.

• Like 3

Hey everyone!

I probably owe everyone a bunch of "likes" and whatnot. I just wanted to say, in personal news, my son, Hunter was born on Friday! My wife was absolutely amazing and delivered without the aid of epidural. It was, the fucking most awesome thing I've ever witnessed. Of course, while she was all:

wonder-woman-batman-superman.gif

I was all:

freakingout.gif?t=1263418467

And if I ever hear a person refer to women as the "weaker sex" ever again, I will have no choice but to punch that person square in the pee-hole. Internet, you have been warned...

• Like 12

Hey everyone!

I probably owe everyone a bunch of "likes" and whatnot. I just wanted to say, in personal news, my son, Hunter was born on Friday!

Great News! Congratulations Cameron H. to you, to your wife and to your newborn son!

• Like 3

Hey everyone!

I probably owe everyone a bunch of "likes" and whatnot. I just wanted to say, in personal news, my son, Hunter was born on Friday!

Congratulations! May we all collectively toast to your future in the joys of child-rearing!

giphy.gif

For real though, congrats!

• Like 4

Hey everyone!

I probably owe everyone a bunch of "likes" and whatnot. I just wanted to say, in personal news, my son, Hunter was born on Friday! My wife was absolutely amazing and delivered without the aid of epidural. It was, the fucking most awesome thing I've ever witnessed.

And if I ever hear a person refer to women as the "weaker sex" ever again, I will have no choice but to punch that person square in the pee-hole. Internet, you have been warned...

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS!!!

Your wife is the most awesome person ever! Please bow down before her for me like the queen she is!

Here's to your happy and healthy family!!!

tumblr_nfyccouXSs1tq4of6o1_500.gif

• Like 4

OMG, Cam! I was just about to PM you to check in with you. Congratulations to you and your wife!

Welcome to the world, Hunter! P.S. I love your name.

• Like 3

Hunter? I barely know her!

Congrats Cameron! I hope you love puke and hate sleeping. Your wife is a boss for doing that without the epidural.

• Like 4

Ellen!

http://www.avclub.com/article/paget-brewsters-returning-active-duty-criminal-min-241892

Taylor Anne!

http://www.avclub.com/article/insexts-explores-female-sexuality-victorian-lesbia-241279

"InSeXts Vol. 1 (Aftershock) tells an erotic horror story about two Victorian lesbian lovers who become major players in a supernatural battle, one that ends with them facing the physical manifestation of society’s hatred toward women."

• Like 1

I just wanted to say, in personal news, my son, Hunter was born on Friday!

Mazel tov, Cameron! Have you and your wife decided what Hunter's first bad movie will be?

• Like 4

Taylor Anne!

http://www.avclub.co...n-lesbia-241279

"InSeXts Vol. 1 (Aftershock) tells an erotic horror story about two Victorian lesbian lovers who become major players in a supernatural battle, one that ends with them facing the physical manifestation of society’s hatred toward women."

You know me too well now...

• Like 1

Mazel tov, Cameron! Have you and your wife decided what Hunter's first bad movie will be?

Funny you should bring that up...watching bad movies is basically all we've been doing for the past couple of days. So to answer your question...

huntsman-winters-war-1.jpg

We've also watched Snow White and the Huntsman, John Carter, Jack the Giant Slayer, Lake Placid, Amazing Spider-man 2, and Wrath of the Titans.

Thank you, and everyone, for the kind wishes! We all appreciate it!

• Like 8

Hey everyone!

Congratulations! Although I guess the real congratulations in this case should go to your wife and not you. Hunter is a great name and I'm sure he'll grow up to be as awesome as his dad.

• Like 5

Congratulations! Although I guess the real congratulations in this case should go to your wife and not you. Hunter is a great name and I'm sure he'll grow up to be as awesome as his dad.

Now now, we dont know if he took inspiration from Arnold and decided to go the whole Junior route.

• Like 5

Better late than never... Here are some random thoughts after watching Gods of Egypt twice...

* I thought it was Jaime Lannister's voiceover narration at the beginning... Similar voices maybe?

* Throughout the entire movie I found that a lot of scenes from better movies where copied by "GoE" if not they seemed familiar to me... The coronation scene for Thor, Fast and Furious 7 Paul Walker running up the side of a falling bus but here is Jaime Lannister running up a Snake, Legolas walking on falling stones from The Hobbit and Bek walking on sand in the Pyramid

* When I watched it the first time I predicted that Jason would mention the push up bra on Maya. I was gladly surprised when he mentioned on the episode. Jason NEVER disappoints. On that note Bek was either lucky or he is the god of dress size guessing just by watching it from afar, because it fits perfectly. The movie makes it worse when Zaya can't even make the dresses she owns fit properly without some ribbon and tailoring.

* I think this movie is riddled with ADR (Which was not mentioned in the episode) Paul is very good at catching it, In the scene when she is putting on the green dress and asks where did Bek stole it from and he replies with his mouth full of food but the line is not muffled.

* Douchebag Set: "Mortals, worship me or be enslaved!" Enslaves them anyway and makes them build the obelisk.

* The gods just stand still when the ironman transformations happen but mortals loose their shit.

* Weirdly enjoyed that first fight and was genuinely on board for the first 60mins or so of movie.

*I found Elektra and Set combos/interactions very confusing and they made me uncomfortable, It jumps from manipulative, to jokey, to sarcastic, to dark, to implied abuse mixed with Stockholm Syndrome, mixed with Elektra "playing along" as the good queen wife just to survive (Similar to what Erin said in the episode)

* Elektra can't manipulate someone who's already in love ("heart belongs to another")... Then why couldn't she manipulate Set? He hates his once winged ex-wife... Is he "in love with Power"?

* Final Victory against Set was not earned IMO and also anticlimactic, maybe that's why the end scenes last so long, it's just to trick us (Like ¨Paul and Jason said in the episode)

I saw this 2 times but the gang said not to :P

• Like 4

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to say, in personal news, my son, Hunter was born on Friday!

that's brilliant news .. congrats to you and your wife.

i love the name too ... Hunter H ... it's a hell of a lot cooler than alan

• Like 4

that's brilliant news .. congrats to you and your wife.

i love the name too ... Hunter H

Agreed! "Hunter H" sounds like the name of a new badass model of killer robots in, let's say, the Robocop Universe. So now, before you change Hunter's diapers, you case say, "dead or alive, you're coming with me" as you lift him into your arms. :)

• Like 4

Agreed! "Hunter H" sounds like the name of a new badass model of killer robots in, let's say, the Robocop Universe. So now, before you change Hunter's diapers, you case say, "dead or alive, you're coming with me" as you lift him into your arms. :)

I love this! And I will definitely be saying this from now on!

Also, to update Maternity/Paternity Bad Movie watching list, we have now seen Battleship and I, Frankenstein. If you guys have any good/bad movies you think we should watch to pass the time, please let me know. I won't be heading back to work until the 12th, so we've got tons of time! I will also give you guys proper credit: "Hunter, we will now be watching Taylor Anne Photo's pick, The Day After Tomorrow...enjoy!"

• Like 3

I hope he loves The Day After Tomorrow as much as I do.

I mentioned this to my wife and she was like, "I love The Day After Tomorrow! We're watching that next!" So chances are, he's going to love it too.

• Like 3

I mentioned this to my wife and she was like, "I love The Day After Tomorrow! We're watching that next!" So chances are, he's going to love it too.

Man, I think your wife and I would be good friends.

• Like 3

Man, I think your wife and I would be good friends.

I have no doubt.

• Like 3

is this the next group of films for hdtgm?

2u4pru0.jpg

I can understand Yahoo serious but Young Frankenstein over The Frisco Kid! come on paul!!!

Young Frankenstein is a goddam classic!

and it's got Harrison Ford at his best!

CORRECTION THEY ARE NOT DOING THESE TWO FILMS ANYTIME SOON. just misread twitter thread on my part!! sorry my bad.

• Like 1