🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Good choice, I remember watching this on a whim with a buddy a couple of years ago. All I remember about Orca is it being terrible and that the Native dude would magically show up out of nowhere in various scenes to give his words of wisdom.

Oh man, Orca...

It's not quite as bad as "Jaws IV," but that's like saying "herpes ain't as bad as gonnorhea."

Truth be told, I saw it when I was 10-ish and it fucking terrified me. Young Me remembers the scene where the orca attacks the house as some seriously harrowing shit, but the half-drunk High School Me who caught the movie on Cinemax remembers laughing like it was a Mel Brooks movie.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure Bo Derek gets her leg bitten off by an Orca in this movie.

This would be a very fun movie to hear them try and make sense of. The whale fetus, RIchard Harris just chewing up the scenery, not to mention how a whale (that lives underwater) not only knows about fire but knows how to start one *and* also knows about flammable liquids. Awesome.

Hi everyone, first time posting just started listening to the podcast and it's amazing. 100% support them doing this just for the whale fetus. this is the break down IMDB has for the movie.

After witnessing his mate and child's death from Nolan's hands, Orca, the killer whale, goes on a rampage in the fishermen's harbor. Under the villagers' pressure, Nolan, Rachel and an Indian sail after the great beast, who will bring them on his own turf.

Only 20 minutes into this movie and already:

- An orca headbutted a shark.

- Charlotte Rampling said the most scientifically inaccurate exposition monologue ever, with lines like: "The voice of an orca contains 50 million pieces of information. The bible only contains 9 million."

- And, of course, Richard Harris hosed a whale fetus (which has hands because, whale) off his boat.

Sublime HDTGM material

• Like 1

The poor man's Jaws, which I admittedly kind of like because killer whales are rad. I think this is a solid choice for the crew to tackle. Is the kid from Free Willy available to be the guest host? He knows orcas.