🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 74 - Cold Storage Facility at a Chicken Farm (w/ Anna Drezen, Nicole Silverberg, Annie Savage, Sarah Burns, Colleen Smith)

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes all welcomers to this week’s episode of Spontaneanation! This week, Paul's special guests are Anna Drezen and Nicole Silverberg of Reductress! They chat about the lost toys of childhood, romanticizing orphans, and the history of The Boxcar Children. Paul is then joined by Annie Savage, Sarah Burns, and Colleen Smith to improvise a story set in a Cold Storage Facility at a Chicken Farm. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

Spontaneanation Live is heading to New York! Sunday, November 13, at the wold-famous Bell House in Brooklyn! The early show's sold out, but tickets are still available for the late show! Go to paulftompkins.com and claim your seats!

I'm curious, there seems to be an extra person in the group photo (and I think you can see her in the corner of the first table photo as well). Whodat? Whoever it is, I like her pendant :)

• Like 2

I'm curious, there seems to be an extra person in the group photo (and I think you can see her in the corner of the first table photo as well). Whodat? Whoever it is, I like her pendant :)

That appears to be Sarah Pappalardo, one of the co-founders of Reductress.

• Like 1

"My wife's a duck. I buried the lede. Those were her visiting relatives." I was on a hiking trail and had to step aside and let people pass me, I was laughing so hard!

Such a silly improv, one of the funnest ones ever. Loved Annie's Sandra the chicken lawyer. So much laughter in the room in this one, it makes me happy!

Congrats to Sarah Burns on her little one!

• Like 2

Did they break into Hollywood hanbook speak for a second there?

"She get leg, but this before. so she had to go in water"

• Like 2

Loved Annie's Sandra the chicken lawyer.

I think she was an ancestor of the genteel Southern hyperchicken lawyer from Futurama.

Great ep!

• Like 1

Loved Annie's Sandra the chicken lawyer.

That New York City Law Class may have been my favorite flashback ever

"We're learnin' here!!.....giuliani"

• Like 3

"My wife's a duck. I buried the lede. Those were her visiting relatives." I was on a hiking trail and had to step aside and let people pass me, I was laughing so hard!

I was thinking "That's why she crossed the road in N'awlins without looking!"

I am perplexed by the New Orleanian Paul mentioned who claimed that cross-walk timing was some sort of local vocation or point of pride or whatever. There's no shortage of other weird regional things to latch onto and NewOrleans-splain to visitors, like how people pronounce Calliope or the proper way to eat a shrimp or whatever.

Based on personal experience as a driver and pedestrian in the city, getting confused by street signs and street lights is very New Orleans.

As far as Zahn's character in Treme, he's based on a real guy apparently, and a friend of a friend reported that they really captured his character. Make of that what you will.

Sign in to follow this