🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 441 - Your Cousin Marvin

Sounds like Rocky is in the midst of Augie Doggie Style from Doggie Daddy.

I'm so sorry

• Like 4

I heard "Snake clickbait" not as clickbait about snakes but clickbait for snakes.

• 10 Plump Mice Begging to be Swallowed Whole - Number Sss will shock you!
  • Slither Yourself Thin with This One Secret Trick
  • Starlet Sheds Her Skin, Jaws Dropped, Then Dislocated
  • 24 Famous Snakes Who Have Not Aged Well
  • SssssSss Ssss SssssSSSSssssS sss!

• Like 7

Easily cracks top 10 for Best of 2016. solid banter throughout. and when subtly neil brought up the time keeper... classic!

• Like 3

Pauly Shore was such a bad guest on Hollywood Handbook that he is also the worst guest in Comedy Bang Bang history.

The Comedy Death Ray audience seemed to hate things a lot more than the current CBB crowd. Folks also were enraged by Litte Gary,

Great episode. Except for Marvin Phelps, nearly killed the whole vibe! Sorry Carl. But very funny otherwise.

Well you are a racist by CBB forum logic

• Like 1

I loved every mention of this episode's title with the BTTF inflection and ejoyed Carl's choices

• Like 4

you guys know that podcast hosts/guests actually look at these forums sometimes, right?

• Like 1

I obviously do not know such, nor could have inferred anythimg of the like before posting for the first time. jeezusfukk.

Loved this ep.! When Carl said he was Michael Phelps's "cousin Marvin, Marvin Phelps", I lost my marbles! Neil has a unique talent for being unexpectedly and casually perverted! Characterweties always brings it as usual. Definitely a C+.

• Like 2

Or the snake from harry potter..

Thank you Neil for saving this episode.

• Like 1

Wow, I'm really surprised to see all this Marvin Phelps hate, I thought he was hilarious and I was sure he was going to be a popular character.

• Like 3

B- ep. Yeah I went there. Joyee and Larry both need to return asap. I can agree the 2nd segment was a little slow and meandering, but imo it just made Neil's explosive climax that much better.

Wow, I'm really surprised to see all this Marvin Phelps hate, I thought he was hilarious and I was sure he was going to be a popular character.

Doubt about that. Maybe everyone was just dick hung while they were listenin' to this ep and needed a bite to eat or something, cause just the premise of making a character based on that one line from Back to the Future was enough to make me laugh multiple times.

Marvin Phelps was dick funny. Zouks was dick on point, and doubt Larry must get dick lonely out there on the road.

• Like 1

I actually really liked him but was mad at Scott/Jason for basically steamrolling him. I felt like he had some solid character-work but Scott/Jason weren't "yes and-ing" and instead "no but... word association" which is charming when it's just them but annoying as fuck when it feels like they are getting in the way of a guest they had on the show. By the end Carl was pretty much quiet because they had trampled over him. It was kinda rude and frustrating and I think Scott/Jason were having too much fun screwing around to notice.

There was one point in the episode where Marvin (Carl) was about to get into how he witnessed swimming moves and was calling up his cousin Michael to tell them about it. Presumably he'd call up Michael Phelps and say something like "I hear you are looking for new swimming moves, SO LISTEN TO THIS!" Which would've been funny because simply the sound of swimming moves is a shitty way to communicate those moves. I'm just guessing, idk how the bit would've played out but I got the impression Carl definitely had one full joke story planned out which Scott/Jason never let him tell. Which really bugged me.

His character had one key bit to get to and they didn't even let it play out once, let alone let it play out 3 times which would've made me laugh like crazy. It's kinda funny when you push somebody on a throw away detail like "tell me more about getting hit by a truck" but Scott has a habit of just pushing and pushing and pushing at something like that which can be funny on it's own but is annoying as hell when it steps on somebody else who had clearly prepped a character

Carl: So I couldn't compete in the Olympics, and so---

Scott: Why couldn't you compete?

Carl: Uh... I got hit by a truck... it's not important. What's important is that I was going to call Michael because I was at the pool and---

Scott: Tell me more about getting hit by a truck. What year was it? What color was the truck? What model was the truck? how do you know what year the truck was? Was that a good year for trucks? trucks rhyme with ducks, what do you think about ducks? I like daffy duck.

Jason: Daffy Taffy!

Scott: Daffy taffy more like laughy taffy daffy... raffi. Oooooh, what if Raffi did a crossover with Daffy Duck and we could call it 'Raffi Daffy'

Jason: 'ok what would an episode of 'Raffi Daffy' look like?

Scott: Wanna play an episode out now?

Jason: A whole episode of 'Raffi Taffy'?

Scott: It's called 'Raffi Daffy' PAY ATTENTION.

Jason: Sorry sorry, ok who am I in this?

Scott: You are Daffy Duck, can you do a Daffy Duck impression?

Jason: *Tries duck impression*

Scott: THAT'S DONALD DUCK, DUMBASS!

Jason: Donald Duck Dumbass, is that a T-shirt?

Scott: Shut up, we are getting off topic now back to what we were talking about...

Carl: So I was calling Michael Phelps...

Scott: NO, I mean we have to play out an episode of 'Raffi Daffy'

Jason: So I'm Daffy Duck and that makes you Raffi?

Scott: No, I'll play Mayor McCheese

Jason: Mayor McCheese is in this?

Scott: Yes, it's part of the Raffi Daffy lore. Do I have to explain everything to you? Jesus, Jason. Why do you have to Donald Duck Dumbass this up?

Jason: I really Donald Duck Dumbassed this one bad.

Scott: You really triple D'ed this bad

Jason: Yep

Scott: You really 3D'ed this

Jason: Scott?

Scott: What?

Jason: Scott? I have a question. And I want you to be honest

Scott: Ok...

Jason: What do you think "3D" means...

Scott: What are you talking about, I think it means what everybody thinks it means

Jason: ...Scott?

Scott: What?!?

Jason: Do you think 3D stands for "Donald Duck Dumbass"?

Scott: ...

Jason: Be Honest

Scott: Yes!

Jason: So this whole time you've thought people who have been going to see 3D movies have been going to see Don---

Scott: Donald Duck Dumbass movies. Why, isn't that right?

Jason: No, Scott, that is very much not right.

Scott: Well, agree to disagree.

Jason: No. No. You are just wrong.

Scott: AGREE TO DISAGREE. Look, we have a guest here we've been neglecting him so let's get back on topic.

Carl: So, I was calling up Michael Phelps...

Scott: No, you need to say who you are playing on "Raffi Daffy"! I've already called Mayor McCheese, you can be Grimace AND ACTION!

[Cue Scott and Jason (and sparingly including Carl) playing out a 58 minute episode of "Raffi Daffy", a fictional tv series based on 2 seconds of word association.]

I really hope they have Carl back and let the guy actually play out the character he had prepped, I felt like he had something there and just never got to share it.

• Like 1

I actually really liked him but was mad at Scott/Jason for basically steamrolling him.

[snip]

i basically agree [with the whole post, but snipped it to save space on the page]. they are such bros to each other that sometimes they behave like they're the only two in the room. that they spiral out of control on these nonsensical, deliberate mishearings of each other and whatnot so regularly really bugs me and it's really disruptive, and, like you say, not nice to the guest who was trying to bring something particular to the table.

i love scott, but i'm pretty lukewarm on zouks. i know that's unpopular here, but their screwing around together is not a very appealing part of this show to me.

i like this Marvin Phelps character, and he could be really good if he is allowed to be. keep it up, Carl Tart.

• Like 1