🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Hero of None

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey (1991)

This movie is so 80s and bonkers I was shocked to see it wasn't done already, or even suggested. This first Bill & Ted's is a cult classic and a fun movie, as this one is, but this sequel takes the craziness up another notch or two. It jumps the shark a lot, but it's still an entertaining movie. They go to the afterlife, hell, heaven, and back to earth while encountering dieties, death, and even aliens (oh god the creepy aliens). I don't think anyone that watches this can argue it's a "good" movie.

Recently watched it on Hulu for free also, so a lot of viewers can watch the first Bill & Ted's and then watch the second and wonder how did this get made (probably cause the first made a lot of money).

• Like 1

The ending where the fix all of the world's problems with the power of KISS! That KISS song rocks!

That's Steve Vai playing BTW. I know his sound anywhere. he does a lot of studio guitar playing for rock bands.

He was in the movie crossroads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMAkr_Z74E8

He most likely did doing both parts of the guitar battle. as it's his style of playing. I spent hours a young man playing guitar and I was really into his music so I picked up on his style of playing was used in other works.

My sister had the PIL album called album and she had it going real loud one day and I remember hearing it and saying that's Steve Vai? sure as sugar looking at the notes he was doing most of the guitar work on that

/. That's about the time I started liking PIL.

I kid of like these movies for that element.

On second thought, god gave rock and roll to ya. isn't kiss's best song. we all know what song comes to mind when it comes down to

• Like 1

Both Bill & Ted movies hold a special place in my heart; I remember enjoying the hell out of them with my brothers and making "No way, Ted!" remarks well into my college years. They're so much fun and in hindsight seem innocent in a way that is rarely possible in our ironic modern age. I find that naivety incredibly charming.

Plus they had some cool people involved -- George Carlin, of course, but also Pam Grier, Primus, one of the GoGos (Joan of Arc), blues guitarist Taj Mahal, Steve Vai, etc.

For better or worse, Ted "Theodore" Logan defined Keanu Reeves and gave him the line he is most well-known for today: "Whoa".

• Like 3

That's Steve Vai playing BTW. I know his sound anywhere. he does a lot of studio guitar playing for rock bands.

He was in the movie crossroads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMAkr_Z74E8

He most likely did doing both parts of the guitar battle. as it's his style of playing. I spent hours a young man playing guitar and I was really into his music so I picked up on his style of playing was used in other works.

My sister had the PIL album called album and she had it going real loud one day and I remember hearing it and saying that's Steve Vai? sure as sugar looking at the notes he was doing most of the guitar work on that

/. That's about the time I started liking PIL.

I kid of like these movies for that element.

On second thought, god gave rock and roll to ya. isn't kiss's best song. we all know what song comes to mind when it comes down to

Well I did my research it was KISS! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_%26_Ted%27s_Bogus_Journey:_Music_from_the_Motion_Picture

And I never said it was there greatest song.

Well I did my research it was KISS! https://en.m.wikiped..._Motion_Picture

And I never said it was there greatest song.

I didn't say it wasn't kiss, it's just that Steve Vai did all the guitar work on the song.

"The version released as a single and on the soundtrack to Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey differs slightly from that played in the film. In the film, a 40-second guitar solo is played by Steve Vai.[5][6] It was later included on the album The Elusive Light and Sound, Vol. 1 under the title "Final Solo"."

Kiss is famous for talking about how they would use other recording artists to help jazz up the album, lot of bands do it. in the 70's when the band had problems with two other members doing a lot of drugs. Ace Frehley

and Peter Criss. they would get them to recorded there tracks for the album and then ask them to leave and re-record the tracks for real in the studio with a known artists who can do the job right, they are called

. Jimmy Page did that for a living before finding the band led zeppelin, did you know he did the guitar work on the James bond movie gold finger?

I didn't say it wasn't kiss, it's just that Steve Vai did all the guitar work on the song.

"The version released as a single and on the soundtrack to Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey differs slightly from that played in the film. In the film, a 40-second guitar solo is played by Steve Vai.[5][6] It was later included on the album The Elusive Light and Sound, Vol. 1 under the title "Final Solo"."

Kiss is famous for talking about how they would use other recording artists to help jazz up the album, lot of bands do it. in the 70's when the band had problems with two other members doing a lot of drugs. Ace Frehley

and Peter Criss. they would get them to recorded there tracks for the album and then ask them to leave and re-record the tracks for real in the studio with a known artists who can do the job right, they are called

. Jimmy Page did that for a living before finding the band led zeppelin, did you know he did the guitar work on the James bond movie gold finger?

Ok sorry I thought you were saying its not KISS. It seems like when the movie ends the song is edited short and starts over when the credits begins. Also they keep talking about making a Bill and Ted3. With the idea of they haven't written the great music that changes the world yet. But they did that at the end of this movie.

Ok sorry I thought you were saying its not KISS. It seems like when the movie ends the song is edited short and starts over when the credits begins. Also they keep talking about making a Bill and Ted3. With the idea of they haven't written the great music that changes the world yet. But they did that at the end of this movie.

that's ok, I screwed up, should of pointed out that he was a session artist. My bad. I've heard rumors for years now that a Bill & Ted 3 is in the worlds. they are getting a little old for it now don't you think?

that's ok, I screwed up, should of pointed out that he was a session artist. My bad. I've heard rumors for years now that a Bill & Ted 3 is in the worlds. they are getting a little old for it now don't you think?

I think they went way passed Bill and Ted age. It's been way over 20 years since the second one. George Carlin is gone as well. They are both 51

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this