🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 32 — Papa Don\'t Preach

We're doing things a little bit differently this week because, well, our beautiful guest Kelly Osbourne does things a little bit differently. Part rock royalty, part fashionista, Kelly joins Drew and past guest Selene Luna to talk a bit about growing up in the public eye and how she became the lovely young woman that she is today. She has regrets (mainly in the tattoo department), and aspirations (did you know she just filmed a movie with Miley Cyrus?), but mostly she is just a fun, smart, witty lady who loves her family and her dogs. I defy you to not fall in love with her!

I know people say that 'haters gonna hate,' but I honestly can't understand how anyone could hate on Kelly Osbourne. She is fantastic, and this episode made me like her even more. It was nice for the show to break into a different format, just to switch things up. I enjoyed listening to everyone chatting. And almost anyone can agree with the main talking points... we're all slowing becoming our parents, Jon Hamm is super attractive, and "callin' it out" is a phrase that needs to be introduced into everyone's lexicon.

I'm with you Julia. I think Kelly is so beautiful, smart, nice, and funny. I thought she was so delightful on this episode. After listening I revisited some episodes of The Osbournes, and it's WILD how scandalized the nation was by the show compared to, say, Jersey Shore. It's so much tamer than ANYTHING on television right now. I so enjoyed this episode.

I didn't care for this episode.
br
First, I'm sure Miss Osbourn is a wonderful lady, but it just wasn't interesting to me as a consumer of the alt humor long form improv we look for with Doug. Any random female comic would have been more interesting to interview. br
br
Second, Doug took his nice pills, and the show suffered for it. I could psychically sense his soul dying when he forced himself to agree with all of what Miss Osbourn uttered. Wow - a whole long conversation and not one point of disagreement?
br
Third, this wasn't what we subscribed to this podcast for. If Osbourn was a legend of improv or the person who taught Drew or just one of the crazy people from his monologues, then I could get behind it.
br
HOWEVER, Doug puts more work into his podcast than the hosts of any other show and he has not missed a week that I can see since this started in December. So if he wants a week off and just wants to do a breezy interview with some celebutant, that's understandable.

<3

Sorry, I meant Drew obviously. I was listening to Doug's podcast while I was typing.

You sound like every troll they were talking about in the episode.

I loved the episode. Drew is such a great conversationalist and this is a side of him that we don't get to hear on GitG, so I thought it was a fantastic change and found Kelly to be much more human than I did before listening. She seemed like a delight and it was awesome being a fly on the wall for their chat.

I agree with you, Sean. I like the show's regular format and content, but I think it's great when the hosts adapt the show to their guests in order to put out the best episodes possible. I thought this was a nice deviation from what is always an entertaining show.

No, I would be a troll if I ripped on the guest.

It was boring. EOS.

I kind of agree with Syn on the nice pills thing, although I liked this episode fine. It's nice that to hear Kelly Osborn all growed up.

Also, I see nothing trollish about Syn's post and think valid points were made.

Sign in to follow this