🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 75 - Aquarium (w/ Sean Clements, Hayes Davenport)

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes you and to ever should be listening alongside of you to this week’s episode of Spontaneanation! This week, Paul's special guests are Sean Clements and Hayes Davenport, hosts of Earwolf's own Hollywood Handbook! They chat about the first thing they can remember breaking, a child's misguided plan to save trees from being cut down, and how Sean & Hayes first met. Paul, Sean, and Hayes then improvise a story set in an Aquarium. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

Spontaneanation Live returns to Largo this Saturday, September 3rd! Featuring improvisors Jordan Black, Annie Savage & Jean Villepique, and interview guest Kumai Nanjiani! Go to paulftompkins.com and claim your seats!

Come see us at the Now Hear This podcast festival: nowhearthisfest.com

• Like 5

Eban is playing Händel's Sarabande (as used by Kubrick as the main theme for Barry Lyndon) during the duel part of the monologue. I appreciate that. Good work, Eban!

• Like 9

Only Sean and Hayes could let the improv go for literally an hour without improv and then let the improv play out like it did

This episode is GOAT

• Like 9

What a wonderfully bizarre episode.

• Like 9

I listened to this episode expecting to learn more about the real-life Sean and Hayes, and to have them hilariously derail the show. Boy, was I disappointed...that it wasn't longer! Because it was exactly what I expected all along!

What you have just read is an advanced technique that I call "the reverse Shyamalan." Sorry if I just blew your mind.

• Like 13

Mr. Paul PFT F Tompkins, I beseech you/thee:

Please have Sean and Hayes on the show with the same regularity as Little Janet Varney, Craig Cackowski, or yourself, the latter of whom seems to be on every episode. Sean and Hayes bring me great joy, as does your show, so you can imagine the magnitude of the two joys combined. If you can't imagine it, I'll tell you: it's twice the amount of joy.

Sincerely, your internet commenter,

Jacob C

• Like 12

I've been up since yesterday, I was just tucking myself into a nice day=sleep when I see this (I was looking for a sleep podcast of course).

I have now decided I will sleep tomorrow!

• Like 6

I've been meaning to give this show a shot, but knowing it's all just making stuff up has kept me at bay. hopefully hayes and sean will keep things a bit more grounded in reality.

• Like 5

Sean suffocating a talking octopus with a pillow, may be the greatest moment of any podcast. ever.

• Like 8

The discussion of Sean vs. Michael Ian Black was revelatory. I might never be able to fully untangle them in my head now

• Like 13

I finally understand why Hayes hates the environment so much

• Like 9

The discussion of Sean vs. Michael Ian Black was revelatory. I might never be able to fully untangle them in my head now

yes, i wonder what MIB on hollywood handbook would be like. probably good like all the other episodes

• Like 14

Personally, I think it'd be great like all the other episodes

• Like 7