🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
HoldenMartinson

Battle of the Bowie Bulge

Battle of the Bowie Bulge  

97 members have voted

1. 1. As Jareth in Labyrinth, David Bowie is...

• Wearing a codpiece
    • Letting it all hang out

It looks like a codpiece- but I think it's legit.

My logic is why would a children's film allow such a codpiece?

It must be a byproduct of the Bowie Genes combined with tight pants.

• Like 1

Ha! You beat me to setting up this poll. Props to you, Holden.

I'm voting no piece. I think Bowie is hanging free and easy on this one.

• Like 1

Doesn't really answer any questions but at least we can all agree his pants are really tight.

• Like 2

I haven't seen it in a while, but Bowie goes full frontal in The Man Who Fell to Earth. I'm going to do the research when I'm not at work.

Because David Bowie has been my ultimate sexual fantasy since I was about 12?

• Like 1

That is 100% a codpiece. Also I never really got Cindy Crawford, and Jennifer Connelly is maybe my #1 crush of all time.

• Like 1

It's off-center - who wear a codpiece off-center? No one.

You push your dick to the side and, as my wife reminded me, in the tailoring trade it's called "dressing left" or "dressing right."

• Like 2

This is the most important debate we'll ever have on this website. Gotta go with it being the real deal.

• Like 3

Here's NSFW stills from The Man Who Fell to Earth. I'm leaning toward not-a-codpiece.

NSFW! NSFW! You've been warned.

http://66.media.tumb...fl04o1_1280.jpg

http://66.media.tumb...fl04o1_1280.jpg

http://www.omgblog.c...ie005-thumb.jpg

Not enough warnings! I still clicked. Drawn to a shiny hyperlink like a moth.

...Are we meant to derive from these photos that the..."junk"...in question is Bowie's?

It really doesn't feel right to say, but....I....just don't feel like those photos really....add much to the "not a codpiece" argument.

Just saying. I haven't yet taken a side (for the record: I 100% don't care if it was a codpiece or not), but...how this "evidence" backs up your conclusion. Not seeing it. Gotta say.

I just like that either way the people making this film fully understood the developing sexuality of young girls and didn't construct a bland sexless romance based on purity and abstinence.

Not that there is anything wrong with that if you're into that sort of thing. It just gets kind of tiresome when it's the only option represented.

• Like 4

Sorry to be a spoilsport, but I saw some of the movie's costumes in a museum, and the codpiece was built into the pants.

• Like 4

If it's not a Codpiece men better understand what they're measuring up to. Therefore I say Codpiece ...or half God.

Sorry to be a spoilsport, but I saw some of the movie's costumes in a museum, and the codpiece was built into the pants.

Get outta here with your 'Facts'

• Like 6

Not so fast, Boots. If you do a google image search for Bowie Labyrinth Costume Museum, in some results you don't see the bulge at all, and in others you see it but it appears that the mannequin was fitted with the codpiece or sculpted to match Bowie's mass. It's inconclusive.

• Like 1

Not so fast, Boots. If you do a google image search for Bowie Labyrinth Costume Museum, in some results you don't see the bulge at all, and in others you see it but it appears that the mannequin was fitted with the codpiece or sculpted to match Bowie's mass. It's inconclusive.

So the plot thickens to Jareth proportions...

• Like 1

This doesn't really look like it has a codpiece.

That's what I'm saying.

Sign in to follow this