🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 149 - Just Sean and Hayes

A few months ago I went to the desert to look at flowers and plagiarized a Far Side comic while I was there. Cool shirt huh guys? (actually it was very hot and not cool at all haha!)

You parodied "Far Side", you did not plagiarize from it.

• Like 10

I forgot to mention that I submitted it to the doughboys forums as if it was my own idea

• Like 11

you guys are all doing a great job and I really appreciate no one shaming me on page 8.

• Like 10

I'm only posting right now because I love souprman, and I want to take him closer to his goal. You can do it, buddy!

• Like 11

I will go on record as saying (or even swear under oath) that I have never knowingly plagarized anyone or considered it as an option in any creative endeavour. I HAVE sarcastically said that I could/should but I have nod and would not because I want to make original things. Making video edits using existing footage actually takes some effort and an idea, but it should be clear to anyone who's ever been on the internet that chopped together clips with obviously astronomical budgets are FROM something else and that the content is the edit itself, not the footage. Other times I have quoted something that went over well and then the conversation flowed into some other topic and there was no good way to segue back and say, "oh btw, I didnt think of that- just saw it on reddit earlier"

• Like 5

the idea that a cow would use, say, a tool for work, that's funny to me. I don't think a cow would do that.

• Like 18

aaaaaaand seven!

thanks everyone!

special shoutout to Andrew for help with counting.

• Like 10

Drat, missed it by two hours!

Well, at least we can start out page 9 on the right foot. Shame shame shame Soup

• Like 11

guyss i dont want you to stop what you're doing

i just need to tell someone that the very first thing i thought of when i woke up this morning was

sean calvins and hobbes davenport

• Like 16

So I'm hitting my 113th post, but I'm disappointed I still haven't forged the kind of memorable forum persona that so many of you have.

I decided to consult one of the forum's most-decorated personalities (who shall remain nameless) and together we decided my best option in creating a brand is for me to constantly bring up the place I live until I become famous for living in a frozen wasteland where our QB's knees explode for literally no reason.

Posted from my Android Phone in Beautiful Minnesota.

• Like 13

So I'm hitting my 113th post, but I'm disappointed I still haven't forged the kind of memorable forum persona that so many of you have.

I decided to consult one of the forum's most-decorated personalities (who shall remain nameless) and together we decided my best option in creating a brand is for me to constantly bring up the place I live until I become famous for living in a frozen wasteland where our QB's knees explode for literally no reason.

Frozen wasteland! Now, Jack Johnson P.I., I've never been to Minnesota, but I've seen "Golden Girls", so I know MN is not a wasteland.

2vju7ux.gif

ETA: Oh, speaking of venerable ladies with white hair, if I ever change my username, I'll change it to Mary Werther's Original.

ETA 2 Fast 2 Furious: We all know and love the Comics Curmudgeon right? He's been lampponing newspaper comics for 12 years (12!) and he still makes me laugh.

http://joshreads.com/?p=28104

• Like 10

aw jeez, I hate to blow up your thing here but I'm already established as the Minnesota guy.

maybe you can be the Android phone guy.

so sorry, and I hope pointing out this well established fact doesn't cause you any:

jerri_blank_shame.png

• Like 11

let me quote for you a few choice exerpts from "sincerity (or spontaneity) and discipline", by gramsci, who had a lot to say about this:

is sincerity (or spontaneity) always a merit and a value? only if disciplined.

it's too easy to speak differently from others, to play with neologisms, whereas it's difficult to distinguish oneself from others without doing acrobatics.

today people try to be original and have personality on the cheap. prisons and mental asylums are full of original men with strong personalities. what is really difficult is to put stress on discipline and sociality and still profess sincerity, spontaneity, orginality and personality.

discipline in this context is a measure of the mental labour that goes into the symbolic and syntactic legibility of your posts. applied to my post it can positively refer to f.ex. the choiceness of the exerpts of this particular work.

sociality in this context is a measure of the aggregate impact on your peers, it's a normative concept. applied to my post it can negatively refer to f.ex. how isn't even trying to make us 'buss up loffin', and is instead trying to buy orginality on the cheap by pretending to be intelligent and quoting queer litterature... precisely what the quoted litterature says is bad, and that is the joke, dumbass.

• Like 8

could we please stop trying to make darth's grief into a forced meme? Thanks.

Forced meme. LOL

• Like 15

You mean this blog post from 2008 has a few thoughts on it.

http://agonist.org/c...ic_masterpiece/

I'm SO EMBARASSED!!!!!!!!

I DIDN'T GET THE COMIC!! OK GUYS? I'M NOT SMART OR COOL OR FUNNY.

HAVE A NICE LABOR DAY.

• Like 13

I'm SO EMBARASSED!!!!!!!!

I DIDN'T GET THE COMIC!! OK GUYS? I'M NOT SMART OR COOL OR FUNNY.

HAVE A NICE LABOR DAY.

wow, he didn't get the comic and he thinks we're all pregnant?

get a grip steveh.

• Like 13

The latest scuttlebutt from the back of the Scuzzbus, turns out Hayes is like 13th generation illuminati & Sean may be as much as three-eighths Native American. Also here's something fun to do: when someone asks what you're up to just say "writing scripps." they won't know about the extra p you slipped in & will think you're making good screenplays when in reality you're sending nasty notes to the suits at Scripps. do have nice pregnant day weekend

another%2048%20HH%20credits.jpg

• Like 19