🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Holy crap! How has this not gotten more votes? Classic 80's slang, BMX bikes, Lori Loughlin, and a choreographed school dance on bikes to "Send Me An Angel"!!!! Oh yeah,and the horrible plot and bad acting. All to capitalize on the extreme sport of the day.

• Like 4

Because it still holds a special place in the hearts of us viewers who were kids and idolized the biking in at when we saw it back in the day. I remember finding an online petition at one point to get it released on DVD.

• Like 1

Hulk Hogan eat your heart out.

It would be awesome if Daniel Tosh were able to guest- He loves Rad.

"What I wouldn't give to go ass sliding with you right now." is one of the all time greatest terrible lines of all time. It's right up there with "A double decker balogna sandwich!"

Also.. Mr. Hand gives the finger in this movie. You can't go wrong.

My apologies if this has been recommended before, I wasn't able to search for it because it's only three letters.

This movie absolutely has to be done on this podcast... My main memory is a BMX dance scene with Lori Loughlin from Full House. Trailer below.

EDIT: a moderator merged my new Rad thread with this thread, that's why this post might seem confusing. Thanks mod, this deserved to be bumped!

just watched the trailer, I love the spectators, those people are getting way too excited about BMX Biking.

• Like 1

Reading about some other movies from 1986, I just learned that Crocodile Dundee had a budget of $8.8 million and made $328.2 million at the box office.

Also, if you have no interest in watching Rad, at least watch the BMX dance scene:

• Like 1

Oddbomb- that is something else. Now that is a song I have not heard in a long long time. "Send me an angel."

And now I feel old.

That scene could of work just as well with this little gem.

http://youtu.be/VJ_OetMwdPs

• Like 1

Hulk Hogan eat your heart out.

It would be awesome if Daniel Tosh were able to guest- He loves Rad.

I was gonna say that this episode should only happen with either Tosh or Bill Allen as the guest.

I think with the release of Fuller House, this little gem should be prefect for the show. It is a cliche 80's sport movie with BMX dancing, a scrappy hero from small town America and Aunt Becky. It is so bad but one of my favorite movies growing up. Give Rad a chance.

Check out the link for the best BMX dance scene ever filmed

I cannot beg and plead for this movie to be done enough. It's freaking ideal. I loved this movie as a kid, and then watched it last year for the first time in about 25 years and...my god. It's just so, so bad, and there are so many things about it that are just so, so bad.

Described simply on IMDB thusly: "The story of one young man, Cru Jones, who has the intensity and desire to win a BMX race called Helltrack." Add to that the fact that it inexplicably has people like Ray Walston and Talia Shire, directed by Smokey and the Bandit/Cannonball Run director Hal Needham, and the two evil BMX twins look exactly like Xamot and Tomax from the old GI Joe cartoon...

Please, guys. Please. I'm begging you. We need Rad.

• Like 1

Rad is rad. Should totally be done.

It's weird that this came out in the same year as Solarbabies and Thrashin (which is great also).

Watching a burned DVD copy of this movie I found at a pawn shop for 1.00. Worth every penny. Amazing 80s music. Sweet ass box riders pulling off gnarly tricks like leg kicks, arm pumps, and the awesome pancake turn. DO THIS MOVIE.

• Like 1

When I first found this podcast this is the first movie that came to mind. Also this comes from the greatest year for bad movies,1986. Criminal that this one is still on the bench.

• Like 2

I watched this movie so many times as a kid and just recently showed it to my bad movie crew. They loved it. The 80s music and the bike dancing to Send Me an Angel are amazing.

• Like 1

1. This film somehow cost $11 million to make.

2. 'On the website Rotten Tomatoes, "Rad" was given a "Rotten" rating of 0%, the lowest possible score from critics; conversely, the audience rating stands at 91%. Guardian writer Nick Evershed found it had the largest discrepancy between audience and critical reception in the Rotten Tomatoes database, from a pool of 10,000 movies analyzed.'

• Like 1

Reading about some other movies from 1986, I just learned that Crocodile Dundee had a budget of $8.8 million and made $328.2 million at the box office.

Also, if you have no interest in watching Rad, at least watch the BMX dance scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPVJzi7Ta9w

Is there anything more glorious than Aunt Becky in a sequin 80's getup "dancing" a duet with a BMX bike? I think not.

They just posted to Vimeo.

PW: think more than just crazy

Just watched this movie after hearing you talk about it on a recent podcast. So bad/good!!!!!

Just finished this! it is soooo badddly gooood!!!!!  (on putl0cker, I know this movie is hard to find)

send me an angel made me want to watch my child hood favourite 'the wizard'!

PLEAAASEEEEE come to TORONTO!!!!!