🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
badams5

Machete

This has got to be on the same level as Crank 2. I know you guys said Crank 2 may have been too good and Machete is probably a little better than C2, but damn if it isn't over the top ridiculous. The opening scene and Steven Segal's death scene are enough to carry a podcast. I would love to hear Paul and the gang break it down.

Somewhat unrelated, but I watched about 5 minutes of Burlesque the other day and concluded there's no way a 45 minute podcast could do full justice to that movie. I recommend extending the podcast a little when the movie is Burlesque bad.

This has got to be on the same level as Crank 2. I know you guys said Crank 2 may have been too good and Machete is probably a little better than C2, but damn if it isn't over the top ridiculous. The opening scene and Steven Segal's death scene are enough to carry a podcast. I would love to hear Paul and the gang break it down.

Somewhat unrelated, but I watched about 5 minutes of Burlesque the other day and concluded there's no way a 45 minute podcast could do full justice to that movie. I recommend extending the podcast a little when the movie is Burlesque bad.

It's astonishing how many intentionally ridiculous movies people recommend for the podcast. I'd love to hear about "Machete," but dang.

It's astonishing how many intentionally ridiculous movies people recommend for the podcast. I'd love to hear about "Machete," but dang.

Yeah, Machete is just a good movie. It'd be cool to hear them riff about it, but it doesn't really belong on this podcast.

Yeah, I can see someone missing the difference between Crank 2 and Machete since both are intentionally ridiculous action movies, but Crank 2 is a lot more random and lowest common denominator in a way that works. Machete is more like a love letter to dumb action movies and as crazy as it is, its a lot more controlled in it's chaos. It's much easier to make heads or tails of then, say Crank 2. I think there are some intentionally crazy movies that work, but I think they need to have a certain je ne cest quoi that Machete doesn't have.

Sign in to follow this