🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Jamal G

Shoot 'em Up (2007)

How can you not mention monica in the first comment. So hot.

Wasnt this movie actually conceived as a live action looney toons? Owen was supposed to be bugs and Giamatti was supposed to be elmer fudd.

• Like 1

Wasnt this movie actually conceived as a live action looney toons? Owen was supposed to be bugs and Giamatti was supposed to be elmer fudd.

Yeah that allegory was crystal clear through the movie.

• Like 1

Yeah that allegory was crystal clear through the movie.

I thought so too, but the comments seemed unsure.. just asking cuz i only saw it once almost a dacade ago

Watching "Gamer" the other night makes me want to bump this up. It's so much more fun. Again, this isn't in the "bad movie" category, but more in the "This is so bat shit crazy, how did this get made?" category (which are my favorite episodes).

• Like 3

I didn't pick up on that, but TBH I wasn't looking for much beneath the surface in this movie.

YES! This would be a good one to do in the tradition of the gang's discussions of the Nevildine & Taylor films. Would love to hear a Blake Harris interview with director Michael Davis, too.

• Like 1

The film follows Smith (Owen), a drifter who rescues a newborn from being killed by assassin Hertz (Giamatti) and his henchmen. Smith flees from the gang, enlisting the help of prostitute Donna Quintano (Bellucci) to keep the baby safe as he unravels the conspiracy. Smith eats a ton a carrots while shooting people. The first movie to have a sex scene and a gun battle at the same time.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2016 at 4:10 AM, DirkMcDonk said:

Exactly!  That's one of the bugnuts crazy things about the film that make it so much fun!
I still think they'd have a blast covering this movie.

Honestly surprised that this hasn't been covered by the show yet as it's such a great bonkers movie. Won't ever forget seeing this in theaters with some friends and as we're going into the theater an older guy is leaving the prior showing and just looks at us and says "don't even bother, stupidest movie I've ever seen." Five minutes into the movie, which by that point I think Clive Owen had killed about 30 people and shot off an umbilical cord, my friend leans over to me and whispers, "that guys was a fucking idiot, this movie is glorious."

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this