🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 150 - Brett Marcus, Our Engineer Friend from Germany

I'm loving this Jeff bit, so I'm giving out likes like candy this week. But don't get used to it. By next week they'll be back to being as rare as palm trees in the frozen Minnesota tundra where I live

HA, this is *classic* Fab-Sox - am I right, forum?? Our very own android-owning, Minnesota-dwelling, generously-like-giving but-only-this-week, lovable little scamp!

• Like 11

My thoughts reading the forum this week:

1. Wow, Jeff is being so funny! What a hard left turn for his character!

2. I agree with all the people saying how good the episode was this week

3. Jeff is getting funnier every page!

4. I don't really like the jokes about HH ending. Too spooky and it's not even October yet

5. Is it strange that Jeff is getting so funny right about the time Engineer Brett is also getting so funny? Weird coincidence, right?

6. Wow, Auden remembered my name! I'm blushing over here

7. Get out ya brooms! Congrats to Jeff on a clean sweep of page 4.

8. I love Gollstone's new name with the "the" added. It's cleaner

9. My fantasy team finally won! Everything's coming up socks this week!

10. Jeff seems to have stalled out on 60, should we be worried for his health?

11. I'm listening to all of FaceLikeThunder's HH segment songs on the cloud. How is this guy not Andy-Kneis-famous yet???

12. Whoa, now Mekhi Phifer remembers me too!

13. Now people knowing who I am is starting to freak me out. It's too much pressure. But no backing out now. What horrors have I wrought?

14. Seriously, is Jeff OK?

• Like 16

That's why I shroud myself in a thick cloak of mystery, Fabio. These people freak me out, too. Except of course for the ones I like, you all know who you are!

• Like 9

Also, I'm just joking about people freaking me out. I can't leave with good conscience saying something mean like that. Now I feel I've revealed too much of myself! I'll be back...

(Hebry turns into a thick black mist and dissipates into nothing. Who.... or what is he?)

• Like 12

why can't anyone in this forum ever be serious?! THE FUCKING PODCAST IS CANCELED and all you jerkoffs act like you couldnt care less. FACE THE FACTS: 1. Hollywood Handbook was one of Earwolf's lowest rated podcasts. 2. Its not like the old days, they have corporate investors now who only care about the BOTTOM LINE (remember paywall?). 3. This was already Sean & Hayes second chance after Reality Show Show 4. When Andy Kaufman died everyone thought it was another one of his elaborate jokes (EVEN HIS PARENTS).

First of all...... You don't know that the podcast is cancelled, they've made that joke multiple times before and it's still here and quite honestly, it seemed like a bit. Moreover, there's a live episode coming up, so there's at least one more episode as far as I'm aware.

Second of all, that's really hurtful that you would say we couldn't care less. Most of us love this podcast more than much of anything else in our lives, it's literally our favorite thing, so maybe cool it with the telling us how we feel about stuff.

On your first point, Hollywood Handbook has very high listenership and a lot of advertisers. I can't pretend to know the figures, but I think you'll find that it's doing pretty well and the number of advertisements on the show bodes very well.

On your second point, yeah, maybe, it's hard to tell what changes are happening or are going to happen at Earwolf vis-a-vis the Scripps acquisition, I'm not going to speculate on that because I don't know anything about it.

On the third point, was this a second chance? I don't know, 150 episodes and three years feels like a lot more than a second chance to me, I would give them a little more credit than that.

On the fourth point, I can't speak on that specifically, but joking about the show being cancelled has happened multiple times before and yes, it does worry me, but also, it's funny. I enjoy it even though a little piece of me is dying on the inside.

Hopefully this helps. I'm not trying to be a jerk, just explaining, as someone who has been around for a long long time now, why I'm not running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I'm gonna keep having fun here with my friends on the forums because that's something that has brought me a lot of joy. Sometimes we talk about the podcast that we all love, too, but mostly we fuck around, and I like that a lot.

Love, Chanson.

• Like 23

Hey.

How are you?

Cool, cool...

Kinda gloomy today huh?

Yep.

Minnesota tundra

Yeah, that's not a thing.

What's that now?

Yeah, this is going to keep happening.

Okay.

Good talk.

• Like 9

Who.... or what is he?

He! AHA! Excuse me while I get out my pen... *laughs maniacally and freak-ily while sinisterly opening a dossier labeled SCOOP TROOP VOL 2: FORUM MEMBER IDENTITIES*

• Like 11

3. This was already Sean & Hayes second chance after Reality Show Show 4.

i love it when the kids down at the end of the lunch table (YOU) are frantically trying to pass a note to the cool kids at the middle (ME, HAYES, CHEEBA HAWK, SOUPR, CHANSONS COOL DOG, OTHERS)

the note says "you guys gotta take lunch seriously! you can get in trouble!!"

and we're loffing our beans off and no one's telling you why...

we're not the ones getting in trouble, sweetie. enjoy your study hall, honey.

LOL better grab your store brand fig newtons. you just got called down to the vice principals office. lol bye bro

LOL

• Like 10

RGz3ELG.png

meme of cartoon clenching fist

KTIyhMv.png

same meme again, the fist one

• Like 24

As the resident newest cool kids, I gotta agree with PSGOI, and chanson. Don't have a cow, man! Besides I already DM'd Sean on insta and he didn't reply so this must be a bit

Edit: I forgot to mention that Hayes used my Brettxit joke from like 15 threads ago, pretty gratifying

• Like 9

(all the lightbulbs in the forum burst one after the other. When somebody finally lights the candelabra on the dining room table, hebry has mysteriously appeared, standing right there as if nothing had happened.)

Look at all those dead eyed identical clones dressed in black. Something about them reminds me of my homeland.... wherever that is.

• Like 14

He! AHA! Excuse me while I get out my pen... *laughs maniacally and freak-ily while sinisterly opening a dossier labeled SCOOP TROOP VOL 2: FORUM MEMBER IDENTITIES*

You can add another little note to henry on your HH Forum Clue Card everyone

• Like 9

I KNEW my crows would lead me to victory. a sparkly leather suit filled with crows can take on anything, and that's not even mentioning the beer.

• Like 11

OMG if I have to hear about SteveH and that Kumail thread again I am going to freak out!

• Like 13

60 episodes of podcast on wall 60 eps of podcast take one down pass it around 59 eps of podcast on wall I'm sorry I'm doing this I hate myself for it this is the worst bit of all time I am worse than SteveH

• Like 16

59 episodes of podcast on wall 59 eps of podcast take one down pass it around 58 eps of podcast on wall I'm sorry I'm doing this I hate myself for it this is the worst bit of all time I am worse than SteveH

• Like 9

58 episodes of podcast on wall 58 eps of podcast take one down pass it around 57 eps of podcast on wall I'm sorry I'm doing this I hate myself for it this is the worst bit of all time I am worse than SteveH

• Like 8

57 episodes of podcast on wall 57 eps of podcast take one down pass it around 56 eps of podcast on wall I'm sorry I'm doing this I hate myself for it this is the worst bit of all time I am worse than SteveH

• Like 9

56 episodes of podcast on wall 56 eps of podcast take one down pass it around 55 eps of podcast on wall I'm sorry I'm doing this I hate myself for it this is the worst bit of all time I am worse than SteveH

• Like 9

55 episodes of podcast on wall 55 eps of podcast take one down pass it around 54 eps of pocast on wall I'm sorry I'm doing this I hate myself for it this is the worst bit of all time I am worse than SteveH

• Like 8