🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
princessgirl8869

Girl Stuff

I would so love it if we could get some feminine style tee shirts in the Earwolf store. I think it would be great to have The Wolf Dead blasted across these 34 DDD's but, the current crew neck style just isn't flattering. How about something with a v-neck that gives a peeksy-boo at the cleavage? Scott you obviously enjoy seeing a nice rack so how about you hook a girl up?!

Any of my sisters out there feel my pain?

It's really tough for a number of reasons.
First of all, female listeners only make up for 14% of our listeners, although they're WITHOUT A DOUBT the better, smarter listeners (shout out to Julia, Summer, Charlotte, Rachel, and all my other favorite lady listeners). Merch isn't super financially lucrative, so it's hard to justify making a new product that will only appeal to such a small percentage of the listenership. Personally, I'm the type who always buys the "unisex" even when a babydoll or ladies tee is available so maybe I'm not doing a good job of representing the female faction.
So there are a lot of factors involved, but Earwolf loves our lady listeners and we're definitely open to any ideas anyone has.
I also love the idea of having a lady thread on here, because as I mentioned, Lady Earwolves are the best.

Marla, I agree that a lady-friendly shirt would be more flattering on the curves, but I understand where Caroline's coming from on the challenges.
I've never been very good at cutting t-shirts fashionably, but perhaps that would be an option? Like an '80s off-the-shoulder neckline and/or tied up fringe along the sides?
Example: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Totally-Rad-80S-Style-Tee-Shirt

I love the idea of Frank sitting in the Earwolf studio cutting and tying up all the t-shirts to our specifications (I know that's not what Julia suggested but it's what I'M suggesting!). When I was young and took dance class there were mothers who would take all of the Dance Team Sweatshirts and hot glue rhinestones over the logo. I feel like Frank is COMPLETELY capable of doing that to our tees in his free time.

Haha, I was thinking of us doing it ourselves, but I totally support the idea of Frank bedazzling each of our shirts.

Man I'd drop an extra $10 on some ironic bedazzling (but only with the irony attached....).

Caroline, thnx a ton for your speedy response! Julia, love the idea of taken it back to Flashdance, but I'm no good with scissors. Hot glue gun yes, but scissors...hmm. I don't know you've got my creative juices flowing. Maybe I order a tee and see what I can come up with. Then again if Frank has plenty of free time tell him I love sparkels and deep v necks.

By the way super surprised to hear that us girls make up such a small percentage of listeners. We need more ladies
"Bring out the girls!"

Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure if you rock 'the wolf dead' shirt, you could probably catch some looks, given the design. I mean, my Nerdist shirt...yeah...I get compliments on it and people don't even know what it stands for.

The first day I wore my The Wolf Dead shirt I had FOUR people ask me about it (and of course I was fucking obnoxious about it and was telling them exact episodes to listen to and whatnot).

I wear my Sklarbro Country T in hopes of getting asked about it....no such luck yet...holding out for their show in Nash though...the Wolf Dead T is the next purchase to be made though. =)

At first glance I thought this thread was gonna be about sharing feelings and feminine hygiene product recommendations. So glad I went ahead and clicked anyway...hooray for boobies!

@Sam, I'm somehow thinking us EW girls aren't quite the feminine hygiene product discussion types, I mean if I had to guess....

I want in on that one...I can skype it in! I vote Caroline, Julia & I would make a great team.

Well, I will never deny a vote for Caroline! But I COULD think of some awesome UCB ladies who would make great podcast hosts....hmmmmm....

Ooh wow wouldn't an all girl podcast be super sexy but only in the most feminist way possible?
Female hosts and all female guest!
(in perfect baby kitten voice, head slightly tilted, and eyelashes batting)
.....Jeffykins can you p-hl-ease consider it?

I just want to say that I got kinda concerned when I saw that Jeff was the last one to comment on the lady thread....didn't know if he had a suggestion on which make up brand he digs the most or something. =)

I don't know if I could handle listening to a "That Time of the Month" podcast. I've been married 13 years. I try to avoid that as much as possible. If the recording rooms were loaded with chocolate cake and Phish Food ice cream maybe you'd never get around to recording?

If the recording rooms were loaded with chocolate cake and Phish Food ice cream maybe you'd never get around to recording?

Niiice

I don't know if I could handle listening to a "That Time of the Month" podcast. I've been married 13 years. I try to avoid that as much as possible. If the recording rooms were loaded with chocolate cake and Phish Food ice cream maybe you'd never get around to recording?

So, what, sort of an Analyze Phish Food podcast?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this