🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 143.5 - Minisode 143.5

HDTGM is back with full force. We have a visit from the Movie Bitches, we find out our next great movie selection, we go through Corrections and Omissions for Gods of Egypt, and we hear from you beautiful listeners. Send your own voicemail explanation hopes for Paul to answer by calling 619-PAUL ASK.

Come see us at the Now Hear This podcast festival: nowhearthisfest.com

Get yourself a BB-8 “What Is Its Mission?” T-shirt or Tote Bag over at http://howdidthisgetmade.bigcartel.com

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

Paul, Jason and June appear in a new animated pilot BAD GUYS on Adult Swim watch and vote here http://adultswim.com/misc/pilots/

Paul’s new comedy Filthy Preppy Teen$ is now avail on the FullScreen and you can see June and Paul in their old show NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU. Paul also appears on Fresh off the Boat on ABC.

June stars in Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.

Jason can be seen in How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.

IMG_3273.JPG

IMG_3276.jpg

IMG_3282.JPG

• Like 4

ok, some important updates on the HDTGM numbers front .. well important for anyone interested in this kinda thing

anyone listening to the minis, watching the movies and then listening to the eps ... after you've watched stealth you will have passed the 19 full day mark in run time

also, this is the first movie covered from 2005. meaning that, starting at 1980, HDTGM have covered a movie from every year except 1981.... my OCD is really kicking in now

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fNUxhVbJf9FOIHnE1yorJj383JS51T0cjF6XsaE8tA4/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 10

Love me some Movie Bitches!!! They've reviewed a couple of HDTGM movies. Yay!!!

• Like 1

Another Rob Cohen classic! Now if only the gang could continue that field with Daylight, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor and Alex Cross.

Also, Stealth was one of the first topics I posted on the recommendation section and now that it is finally taking place, relive the glory where Jamie Foxx made his first misstep after winning the Oscar for "Ray", Jessica Biel trying and failing to get a good role, and Josh Lucas' career was forever doomed with the 1-2 punch of this and "Poseidon" the next year.

• Like 2

ive been laughing at this since yesterday ...

we have a puppy and we try to wear him out by playing fetch with some toys. he loves small soft toys so we got him some movie related ones. anyway, yesterday we were playing with the joker ...

2qte7pc.jpg

and after he had enough and walked off i started to tidy up. i looked down to see this ..

... playing with batman all these years has really taken its toll on the joker's hair

30b0c5y.jpg

• Like 8

Those are some amazing fan art pieces. I would love a series of Earwolf pops!

And thank you Paul for reading my nerd-fueled comment! Giddy geek glee abounds in me. I apologize for all my weirdo asides that Paul had to read. I just couldn't help but comment on the ridiculousness of the myth (which is part of why I love mythology) while writing about it.

• Like 3

PSA: Stealth is streaming on Starz.

WARNING: Begins with text intro. This is gonna be INCOMPREHENSIBLE.

around a 1/4 of this movies soundtrack is Incubus, i'm really surprised Hoobastank doesnt make an appearance as well.

I'm already looking forward to their discussing the scene in the bar when Lucas's date tells the group she has to go pee pee, and in those exact terms.

• Like 4

Depends on if this movie makes it to the podcast. It seems that Rob Cohen movies always get switched out at the last second. Scott Aukerman watched Alex Cross before they switched it on him at the last second to Sharknado. And I watched Dragonheart before I knew that it was switched out for the other Rob cohen classic boy next door.

This movie had to have been filmed at least 2 years before its release. The CGI is terrible for 2005 standards.

Also was this the beginning of the Hollywood's Josh Lucas as a leading man experiment?

• Like 1

Aw man, Stealth. This movie has some serious memories attached to it for me. Me and my one friend back in the day use to go to a new movie every Friday. Regardless of what was coming out we'd pick one of the new movies and go see it. Sometimes it worked out well and other times not. Now from what I recall we looked at what was coming out that Friday and the only thing was Stealth. Neither of us were interested or excited to see it. We talked about skipping a week but we'd been doing this for over a year so we decided to suck it up and go see it. We sit down in the theater and my friend immediately pulls out two flasks full of whiskey. I thanked him for bringing one for me to which he replied "Not for you, I just need to be that drunk to enjoy this." Other than a few spoiler-y things that happen in the movie most of my memories are of my friend just getting more and more drunk and losing his mind over the movie.

• Like 1

I've got to correct a "correction and omission"(Unprecedented you say?). At the 55 minute-ish mark, the Butler doesn't say "I'll have to kill that boy, like his uncle." He says "Tough to kill that boy, like his uncle." I can see how it can be easily misheard. It's just one of those classic cases of confusion and miscommunication that often accompanies the all-too-common Egyptian/Scottish dialect of that era.

Also was this the beginning of the Hollywood's Josh Lucas as a leading man experiment?

It might've been his first top-billed part after gaining attention for his appearances in A Beautiful Mind, Sweet Home Alabama and Hulk. But after this bombed, came Glory Road which did okay, and later Poseidon which equally flopped hard. The last mainstream projects he was in were both The Lincoln Lawyer and J. Edgar from 2011. As of now, you can hear Lucas doing voiceovers for Home Depot commercials!

Josh Lucas was also in this amazing indie film that came out last year called "Little Accidents" that I'm obsessed with.

I'm already looking forward to their discussing the scene in the bar when Lucas's date tells the group she has to go pee pee, and in those exact terms.

It's one thing when a human writes this as dialogue for another human to say, but it's another thing for the line to go unnoticed by the other characters. I guess Josh Lucas is thinking "Oh boy, she's going peepee with her hoohaw, I hope she plays with my weewee later!"

Oof, why is this movie two hours, it's interminable. I'm going to have to watch this in Howard Kramer sized installments.

• Like 2

It's one thing when a human writes this as dialogue for another human to say, but it's another thing for the line to go unnoticed by the other characters. I guess Josh Lucas is thinking "Oh boy, she's going peepee with her hoohaw, I hope she plays with my weewee later!"

Oof, why is this movie two hours, it's interminable. I'm going to have to watch this in Howard Kramer sized installments.

This is a movie with such gobbledygook dialogue, yet it's written by the guy who wrote the 1978 Invasion of the Body Snatchers, which is such a fucking brilliant, horrifying, and smart movie. Not only that, it features PULITZER PRIZE WINNER Sam Shepard in a supporting role. The fact that nobody was able to say, "hey guys, isn't what we're saying here, like, a whole load of horseshit?" is illustrative of how Hollywood can sometimes regress to the least creative option, how a movie can be lesser than the sum of its parts. Stealth is soul-crushing.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this