🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 143.5 - Minisode 143.5

Hey party people. Completely off-topic, but went to a friend's thing tonight and ran into Zouks. He was surprisingly normal sized and not Gods of Egypt supersized. It's a shame when your heroes are human beings and not shitty movie versions of Egyptian gods.

It's one thing when a human writes this as dialogue for another human to say, but it's another thing for the line to go unnoticed by the other characters. I guess Josh Lucas is thinking "Oh boy, she's going peepee with her hoohaw, I hope she plays with my weewee later!"

Oof, why is this movie two hours, it's interminable. I'm going to have to watch this in Howard Kramer sized installments.

What if the swerve of this movie was that the AI that was supposed to be EDI actually wrote this script?

I've got to correct a "correction and omission"(Unprecedented you say?). At the 55 minute-ish mark, the Butler doesn't say "I'll have to kill that boy, like his uncle." He says "Tough to kill that boy, like his uncle." I can see how it can be easily misheard. It's just one of those classic cases of confusion and miscommunication that often accompanies the all-too-common Egyptian/Scottish dialect of that era.

My bad. Even the correct version makes little sense though. Why refer yourself as the boy's uncle?

Holy shit I forgot that this movie is supposed to be set in 2020. Even still, it's bananas that this robot plane basically starts WWIII with North Korea in order to save crapbag Josh Lucas.

Josh Lucas was also in this amazing indie film that came out last year called "Little Accidents" that I'm obsessed with.

He was also absolutely delightful in Stolen with Nic Cage. The physical and mental metamorphosis his character goes through in that movie is truly something to behold.

stolen-8_stolen_courtesy-of-millennium-entertainment_rgbimageresize_wide-234ab437941d95ba79059838af6206977a9ec8ac_zpsr2ttnfeb.jpg

Edit: It's hard to pick one thing as my favorite about this picture. The fact that they went full Oscar Pistorious with Lucas's prosthetic leg. Or that it has an Agony and the Ecstasy skull decal on it.

Or even that you can 100% see what should be his missing leg behind him, including the boot on his supposed to be missing foot.

• Like 5

Yay! We're back. I have to say I'm really surprised that the Howdies don't begin next week. That is what I thought was going to happen. I don't believe I've heard of "Stealth" at all. Possibly because I generally avoid Jessica Biel.

• Like 2

Yay! We're back. I have to say I'm really surprised that the Howdies don't begin next week. That is what I thought was going to happen. I don't believe I've heard of "Stealth" at all. Possibly because I generally avoid Jessica Biel.

2h72r2s.jpg

• Like 6

Just watched Stealth. This movie was pretty much Team America, with fuel zeppelin rape and LOTS OF APPLES. I was hoping the apples were going to come into play...

• Like 1

Holy shit I forgot that this movie is supposed to be set in 2020. Even still, it's bananas that this robot plane basically starts WWIII with North Korea in order to save crapbag Josh Lucas.

Everything is completely stupid in this movie, but the implied aftermath is INSANE. Americans have just bombed Myanmar, exploded nuclear warheads in Tajikistan, entered Russian airspace and launched missiles (against EDI) there, killed hundreds (thousands?) of civilians, killed several dozen Americans (including military personnel), and finally entered North Korea to start an international incident at the DMZ. Oh, and then left pieces of this still apparently functional super stealth bomber laying around.

fuel zeppelin rape

Okay, so it wasn't just me! That was bizarre.

• Like 2

ok LA people .. Aisling Bea is an Irish comedian and she's on your area. go see her if you get a chance. she is hilarious.

and for everyone else, she will be on @midnight this week (recording tuesday).

here's hoping she pops up on a future HDTGM episode.

• Like 4

WHBAs8Kl.jpg

Movies like this always have the "lightning makes machines evil" trope that just makes me believe mechanical engineers are morons. That is easily BILLIONS of dollars in hardware to make an AI superjet, but no one thought to protect it against lightning or electrical attacks? It's the same storyline of Chopping Mall where the security robots become killer after the transponder that charges them or updates them gets hit by lightning and shorts out their safety protocols.

• Like 2

Welp--my paternity leave ended today as well

although my first act when I arrived to work today was to put in my two weeks notice :)/>

Actually, it was quite serendipitous that HDTGM's paternity/maternity leave occurred concurrent to my own! Like Paul, we filled a lot of our time watching a lot of movies--particularly crappy movies--although a couple of great ones snuck in there too. I was wondering what everyone else was watching during the hiatus. We're you all keeping yourselves HDTGM fit on a steady diet of dreck, or did you actually watch *gasp* quality stuff?

For me, in basically the order I viewed them, I watched:

The Huntsman, Snow White and the Huntsman, John Carter, Jack the Giant Slayer, Lake Placid, Amazing Spider-man 2, Wrath of the Titans, The Day After Tomorrow, Hercules, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Congo, Timeline, I, Frankenstein, Hot Fuzz, Prince of Persia, Fantastic Four (2005), Cars 2, Captain America: Civil War, Dreamcatcher, War Games, Fantastic Four (2015), Clash of the Titans, X-Men, Bulletproof Monk, Footloose, Short Circuit, Flashdance, RIPD, Tusk, Girls Just Want to Have Fun, Grease Live!, Road House, Singin' in the Rain, Coneheads, Grease 2, Hook, Stealth

I also attempted to watch Milk Money and Noah but didn't get very far. My biggest surprise was that I enjoyed Fantastic Four (2015) a lot more than I did initially. Not saying it's great, but it played a lot better removed from all the drama surrounding it.

What did you all watch?

I can't believe how forgettable this movie is! I KNOW I've seen it before, but even as I watched it I was still second guessing myself.

Wow I had no idea it was Wentworth Miller who did the voice of the plane.

He'll always be David from Dinotopia to me!

tumblr_inline_np71zuuDSx1raypgp_500.gif

• Like 3

What did you all watch?

Damn dude y'all seriously knocked out a ton!

I actually didn't see as many as I usually do, but I did catch up on a couple of shows and started writing more than I have in the last few months. Plus editing photos because I got a couple of more weddings shot during this time.

So basically I got a lot more done than I thought just not movie wise...

But! I saw these movies since the last episode aired - Don't Breathe, Immoral Tales, Hell or High Water, Tremors, Matilda, and Sky

• Like 3

Damn dude y'all seriously knocked out a ton!

I actually didn't see as many as I usually do, but I did catch up on a couple of shows and started writing more than I have in the last few months. Plus editing photos because I got a couple of more weddings shot during this time.

So basically I got a lot more done than I thought just not movie wise...

But! I saw these movies since the last episode aired - Don't Breathe, Immoral Tales, Hell or High Water, Tremors, Matilda, and Sky

Well, when you're trying to get a new life to follow a logical Circadian rhythm, you find you have a lot of time to watch shitty movies. I also forgot to add, we watched X-Men Apocalypse as well. I only remembered as I saw ElieB just created a thread for it, and I have to agree with her, it was absolutely terrible--nigh unwatchable. My God was it boring. Literally, nothing happens in it. Apocalypse talks a big game for two hours and then does nothing. Such wasted potential. Even though I've never been a huge fan of the Singer-verse, I honestly wasn't prepared for how terrible this movie was. To put it another way: as much as I hated BvS, I hated this movie far more. At least I could make fun of BvS, this was just dumb.

We really need to get Singer away from these.

• Like 2

Between the last episode and the minisode I checked out: Desperately Seeking Susan, Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice, Exit Wounds, Racing with the Moon, The Saint, Guardians of the Galaxy and To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar.

• Like 4

Between the last episode and the minisode I checked out: Desperately Seeking Susan, Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice, Exit Wounds, Racing with the Moon, The Saint, Guardians of the Galaxy and To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar.

Oh, man. I was eye balling The Saint so hard. I unabashedly love that movie! I probably would have gotten to it too, had the second half of Doctor Who Season 9 not been added to Amazon Prime--which was also fantastic

especially because it saw the end of Clara. "Heaven Sent" was heart wrenching and beautiful.

• Like 1

Since the last episode here's what I watched as part of the DLM challenge:

The Bronze

Killing American Style

Stripperland which might be one of the worst horror parodies I've ever seen

War Dogs

Microwave Massacre which would make for a great episode of the show.

Last Resort

Napoleon Dynamite

Deuce Bigelow Male Gigilo

Step Brothers

Billy Madison

Happy Gilmore

To Protect and To Serve

Dom Hemingway

The Drop

Ong Bak

Let's Go to Prison

Indie Game: the Life After

Lucky

Family Enforcer

The Butchers

Don't Breathe

For a Good Time, Call...

The Mummy

The Mummy Returns

The Mechanic

The Mechanic: Resurrection

Why Don't You Play In Hell

Blue Ruin

Run Ronnie Run

Blood Father

The Newton Boys

Evolver, another great HDTGM candidate

Outland

Mr. Holmes

The Neon Demon

The Canyons

2001 Maniacs

Baskin

Futureworld

The Frighteners

The Jungle Book

Conspiracy Theory

• Like 4

I know we try to keep this thread out of the "shitty shallowness" arena, but I just wanted to throw this out to the group:

Josh Lucas--Hot or Not?

20298-26635.gif

I just asked my wife and she said "No, he's too 'red-necky.'" I told her I didn't see that. I feel like he has all the parts of an attractive man, but for some reason, those parts just don't work together...Kind of like a sexy Frankenstein's monster.

Thoughts?

Also, based on his current age, he must have been either in his late twenties when he filmed this or very early thirties. Has there ever been a time when he didn't look to be a healthy mid-forties?

• Like 3

I know we try to keep this thread out of the "shitty shallowness" arena, but I just wanted to throw this out to the group:

Josh Lucas--Hot or Not?

20298-26635.gif

I just asked my wife and she said "No, he's too 'red-necky.'" I told her I didn't see that. I feel like he has all the parts of an attractive man, but for some reason, those parts just don't work together...Kind of like a sexy Frankenstein's monster.

Thoughts?

Also, based on his current age, he must have been either in his late twenties when he filmed this or very early thirties. Has there ever been a time when he didn't look to be a healthy mid-forties?

He has that Peyton Manning appeal. He's incredibly paste-y and has mild charisma but, if he has a decent skill set in something it would make him somewhat more appealing

• Like 1

Josh Lucas--Hot or Not?

Thoughts?

Hot. But only in one movie - Sweet Home Alabama.

He has that Peyton Manning appeal. He's incredibly paste-y and has mild charisma but, if he has a decent skill set in something it would make him somewhat more appealing

Not hot.

• Like 3

ok LA people .. Aisling Bea is an Irish comedian and she's on your area. go see her if you get a chance. she is hilarious.

and for everyone else, she will be on @midnight this week (recording tuesday).

here's hoping she pops up on a future HDTGM episode.

oh and aisling, @WeeMissBea, is also in the third (and final) series of the fall . which was this weeks scheers pick of the week

Since the last episode here's what I watched as part of the DLM challenge

i remember those days .. one good movie for every ten you watch ... how long is it since the last episode? i don't think i've watch anything ... little or no tv, no movies ... what am i doing with my time? what am i doing with my life????

Josh Lucas always struck me as a Zero Charisma Bradley Cooper. I can see him campaigning hard for Cooper's role in The Hangover, sighing extra-deep with his hands on his hips while wearing sunglasses, only not being able to actually emote anything interesting.

Anyway, Stealth is a movie that thinks so little of itself and its audience that it has two OFFICERS OF THE UNITED STATES NAVY explain to each other that Tajikistan is a country. Fuck this movie.

• Like 4

Anyway, Stealth is a movie that thinks so little of itself and its audience that it has two OFFICERS OF THE UNITED STATES NAVY explain to each other that Tajikistan is a country. Fuck this movie.

And then for good measure, includes a little Indiana Jones-style map flyover just so all you dummies know this is Tajikistan and not Alaska (we get a map for that, too).

• Like 4

And that Alaska thing is something else that infuriated me. Josh Lucas says himself he is flying over Lake Baikal, then says he doesn't have enough fuel to make it to base, then fucking flies to ALASKA?!?! Where is "base"? Jacksonville, Florida? According to Google, the distance between Lake Baikal and the Brooks Range in Alaska (where they send him) is 4,973 kilometers. Shut the fuck up.

map.jpg

• Like 6

Sign in to follow this