🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 77 - Concession Stand

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes you all personally without the help of any flunkies to this week's episode of Spontaneanation! This week, Paul’s special guest is Rhea Butcher of Seeso's Take My Wife and Put Your Hands Together! They chat about Rhea's recurring dreams, her having to correct those who believe she doesn't know the rules of baseball, and the side effects of morphine. Paul is then joined by Brandon Johnson, Jean Villepique, and Chris Tallman to improvise a story set at a Concession Stand. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

The next live Spontaneanation happens October 1st at Largo at The Coronet! With improvisors Ryan Gaul, Mandell Maughan & Drew Tarver, and special guest Horatio Sanz! Get your tickets for this show (and Spontaneanation at the Now Hear This festival in Anaheim) paulftompkins.com/live!

Come see us at the Now Hear This podcast festival: nowhearthisfest.com

• Like 1

1. Be sure to play this video before watching the Sherlock Holmes special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7bLPaoRTsc

2. I realized years ago that made-for-TV movies were responsible for all of my irrational childhood fears: flying, falling elevators, and driving under highway overpasses. Thanks for nothing, TV!

3. I watched all of Take My Wife over the weekend and it is as good as (literally) advertised. Paul plays a delightfully non-Paul version of himself.

4. I haven't even gotten to the improv portion of the show yet, but I could listen to this group of people chat forever.

It never fails to delight me that Eban has the ability to launch into any piece of Disneyland music at any moment.

It also delights me that Paul and Jean returned to their classic "operators of a food service establishment" personas. I wonder what happened between them and Millionaire?

Also, I haven't gotten around to watching Stranger Things yet. I didn't think it was that big a deal, but the fact that it was around when a new Spont was recorded means I must be further behind on pop culture than I thought. :P

It took me way longer than I care to admit to realize what Muy Tieri was a play on. Ha! Brandon Johnson sure can steal a scene!

I enjoyed Rhea's reference to William Wrigley, the gum magnate and baseball owner, because he is my distant relative, I have the same last name, and I say "like the gum" instead of spelling it.

Happy birthday, Paul!

WELCOME TO BATHROOM CHURCH!!

During the Columbo segement of the podcast, Eban playing "This Old Man" made me smile ear to ear. The chat when Paul was introducing all of the improvisors went on for so long today that it was genuinely jarring when normal format was resumed. All of Paul's guests are always so likeable i could listen to them chat endlessly.

• Like 1

It took me a second listen to realize this episode is a secret sequel to the one with Rubber-Band and Millionaire.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this