🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 444 - Mind Your Please and Questions

Two Comedy Bang! Bang! favorites Tig Notaro and John Lennon are back on the show and they both have new exciting projects! Tig tells us all about her new Amazon series "One Mississippi", John tells us about his new Howl series "Questions for Lennon", and Scott tells us about having an ostrich attack him. Later, the gang gets some great etiquette advice from very special guest Mr. Manners. You are welcome!

• Like 2

Not a fan of Tig but that's irrelevant with John Lennon and a Drew Tarver charac on the show

I get a weird nervous feeling whenever Scott mentions the England tour. It's like when someone comes to visit your house for a few days and you really really want them to have a good time.

Also i'm glad Tig slipped in a mention of her a little suitcase at the end and John Lennon is always a treat. Six tents none the richer sounds like an interesting show.

• Like 5

Not a fan of Tig but that's irrelevant with John Lennon and a Drew Tarver charac on the show

I'd caution to say it's irrelevant even without the second part.

• Like 9

I'd caution to say it's irrelevant even without the second part.

No cause imagine how not good a show with just Tig on it would be, becomes pretty relevant then doesn't it

I love Tick. I love John Lennon. Drew Tarver is earning my affection with every appearance. But I had to turn it off after the awful catchphrase. Too bad. Sounded like a great lineup.

• Like 6

"Black lives manners, is that something?"

...pause, "Oh...well...good luck with that."

I choked laughing at this. Jesus it was amazing.

• Like 7

My favorite thing about Tig is how she refuses to 'Yes and', that's not me, he didn't kiss my belt-buckle, he didn't slap me. I love it. (I don't care)

• Like 9

I never realized how similar Tig is to Adam Scott in terms of cadence, dry silliness, etc. Some small run they had early on in the ep gave me a little UTU2TM pang (this is a good thing)

• Like 7

No cause imagine how not good a show with just Tig on it would be

Imagining...imagining...Very good!

And this was even better!

Two best would-be-titular lines ever:

"Six 'Tents None the Richer"

"Take it to ScrubHub"

Also, the funniest aside by John that no one even heard, or at least didn't acknowledge, re. "disemboweled" -

"That's the last thing you want to have happen to your bowels!"

"(Have 'em dissed.)"

And in closing, I watched all of One Mississippi last night, and it's really good. If you're very familiar with Tig, then the first ~half will feel sort of like watching a well-made movie adaptation of a book you've read, but then the second half branches out a bit more.

• Like 6

Not a fan of Tig

and just like that any remorse I've had about being mean to you disappears.

• Like 4

How in the name of God was Scott attacked by an ostrich in Australia? Either Scott's been quietly doing unannounced Comedy Bang Bang live shows in Sub-Saharan Africa and somehow got deeply confused, or he's talking about an Australian emu.

Or, I guess he could have been visiting an exotic zoo in Australia. I guess this is just a mystery for the ages.

No, wait, that was definitely an emu.

No, wait, that was definitely an emu.

Here's a photo from the Australian leg of the tour featuring Lauren standing in front of an ostrich and a sign that reads "Ostrich".

13744966_1249761161742397_2049813813_n.jpg

So, yeah, probably an emu.

• Like 7

Well, I'll be damned. I didn't see that coming. Now I'm worried that everything that I thought I knew about the world is wrong. This is concerning.

• Like 1

Here's a photo from the Australian leg of the tour featuring Lauren standing in front of an ostrich and a sign that reads "Ostrich".

13744966_1249761161742397_2049813813_n.jpg

I'm going to need a bit more 'evidence' than this.

• Like 5

I'm going to need a bit more 'evidence' than this.

Yeah, I think I'm going to need to see the long-form birth certificate of that "ostrich." Many people are saying that this all seems pretty suspicious. Believe me. Sad!

• Like 5

Yeah, I think I'm going to need to see the long-form birth certificate of that "ostrich." Many people are saying that this all seems pretty suspicious. Believe me. Sad!

Finally good to see some fellow birthers around here.

• Like 2

If an African ostrich flushes a toilet, the water swirls one direction, and if an Australian ostrich flushes a toilet it'll swirl the other way. YOU IDIOTS.

• Like 6