🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 444 - Mind Your Please and Questions

I'm going to need to see a picture of both an emu and an ostrich holding today's newspaper. And then have that picture show up in tomorrow's newspaper. I should also stress this need of mine is completely unrelated to the "Emu v Ostrich" conversation taking place in this forum.

• Like 4

Here's a photo from the Australian leg of the tour featuring Lauren standing in front of an ostrich and a sign that reads "Ostrich".

13744966_1249761161742397_2049813813_n.jpg

So, yeah, probably an emu.

Here's a photo from the Australian leg of the tour featuring Lauren standing in front of an ostrich and a sign that reads "Ostrich".

13744966_1249761161742397_2049813813_n.jpg

So, yeah, probably an emu.

This is such a good Photoshop, I almost want to believe that these mythical creatures exist. A bird that can't fly? What's next, a fish that can't swim? Preposterous.

• Like 2

Just noticed the poll for Best Of 2015 is still on the site. Who do you think is gonna win?

• Like 4

If an African ostrich flushes a toilet, the water swirls one direction, and if an Australian ostrich flushes a toilet it'll swirl the other way. YOU IDIOTS.

An African ostrich drives a car like this:

419651.jpg

An Australian Ostrich drives a car like this:

423789.jpg

• Like 9

An African ostrich drives a car like this:

419651.jpg

An Australian Ostrich drives a car like this:

423789.jpg

It's funny because it's true!

• Like 6

I never realized how similar Tig is to Adam Scott in terms of cadence, dry silliness, etc. Some small run they had early on in the ep gave me a little UTU2TM pang (this is a good thing)

Talkin' Pang

• Like 2

This thread is getting pretty damn good. We might be able to take on those Handbook kids in the Battle Royal after all.

SHHHHHHHHHH!!!! JESUS! THEY'LL HEAR YOU!!!!!

• Like 2

If an African ostrich flushes a toilet, the water swirls one direction, and if an Australian ostrich flushes a toilet it'll swirl the other way. YOU IDIOTS.

where in Africa? Super Sahara, Sub Sahara or way Sub Sahara? look at a map!

As an OG Professor Blastoff listener it was great to hear references to "YEEEEAA?" and lil' suitcase. Miss Tig on pods.

Still wanted a clown horn and a "good one".

• Like 2

This thread is getting pretty damn good. We might be able to take on those Handbook kids in the Battle Royale after all.

Guys, I alerted the Hollywood Handbook forums and rest assured they are on their way to tear this thread's whole shit up. Lucky for y'all I'm about a year and a half behind on that 'cast and I warned them all in a thread from 2015 so I think we're safe.

• Like 1

Side thought: Do you think either Tig Notaro or Tig Bavaro are related to Dave Navarro?

• Like 5

YEAAA

• Like 1

Side thought: Do you think either Tig Notaro or Tig Bavaro are related to Dave Navarro?

It may sound bizarro, but Tig Notaro borrowed some sorrow from Dave Navarro in a Sbarro at the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro.

• Like 5

This is probably my favourite appearance by Tig. Sometimes her shtick doesn't really do it for me, but it just worked so well in this episode. I think Drew's character dealt with the "no, but" style of "yes, and" perfectly, it really made everything amazing and I wish him and Tig actually went back and forth more with things like that. As an aside and a weird tangent: Tig has made me realize that there's really something to be said for the "no,but" style of improv; it's a great way to force a comedian into a corner that they quickly have to fight their way out of, and if they're good it has hilarious results. I'm taking this as a lesson.

This is another episode where Scott is at his best, and I'd say the live tours just up his game so much that he needs to keep doing live CBB shows just to keep him on his toes because, although I've loved him as a host for years, he just gets better and better. You can listen to the earliest CBB's and really enjoy Scott as a host, but many of the recent episodes feel like he continues to hone his persona and find ways to augment any guest that might be sitting in those seats.

This episode slipped by me and my recently much-busier schedule, but I'm so glad I had some time to listen to it (and some Improv 4 Humans, the recent episodes have been amazing; honestly some of the best I've ever heard).

Also one last thing after this long-wided bullshit: in an episode with a bunch of guests, like a Christmas or anniversary episode, I would actually love that "yeah!" mom character to be a full-time thing, and I bet Tig could commit to it.

Also also, one of the best plugs themes ever.

• Like 4

Also one last thing after this long-wided bullshit: in an episode with a bunch of guests, like a Christmas or anniversary episode, I would actually love that "yeah!" mom character to be a full-time thing, and I bet Tig could commit to it.

She did it pretty consistently throughout CBB's second anniversary show, culminating in one of the best heat-induced-delirium songs ever recorded (starting at 04:52):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaMm9_gq1H0&t=4m52s

• Like 3