🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MadScientist

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Super VS)

I think we can all agree that at least one version of Body Snatchers belongs in the Canon, but which one? The '50s B&W classic? The '70s version with the final scene everyone remembers? Abel Ferrara's dark, uncomfortable take? Or one of the two more recent ones?

I started wondering what film had been remade the most, and Body Snatchers struck me as one of the most interesting options, as good cases could made for at least three of them.

I'd say the Don Siegel version from 1956 and the Philip Kaufman version from 1978 are the ones worthy of consideration. The ending of the 1956 version was ruined by studio interference, but if you stop the film right before the tacked-on happy ending, it's just as good as the 1978 version.

I'd say the Don Siegel version from 1956 and the Philip Kaufman version from 1978 are the ones worthy of consideration. The ending of the 1956 version was ruined by studio interference, but if you stop the film right before the tacked-on happy ending, it's just as good as the 1978 version.

I agree that those two are the only ones worthy of true Canon consideration...BUT how great would it be to have a four film battle royale? If only to hear Devin rip into 2007's 'The Invasion'.

Also - looking back now, isn't it odd how Nicole Kidman went from the 'Stepford Wives' remake, to 'Bewitched', to 'Invasion'?

Sign in to follow this