🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 151 - Beck Bennett, Our Once Friend

I love episodes where Sean & Hayes are very antagonistic to the guest or vice-versa. I think it fulfills my subconscious desire for conflict.

• Like 13

Anyone else wish they would cancel this show already?

Fucking shit, I'm SICK OF IT.

The only show I'm listening to now is Lore. Aaron Mahnke is my spirit animal.

• Like 10

I unknowingly posted my own dramatic "ending" to this twisted tale just now in last weeks forum, due to this week's ep thread mysteriously and eerily only showing up now on my newly refreshed Earwolf.com tab... could a NEW mystery be afoot in this forum?!??

No, OK, no... it's over.

For now...

I like the idea of multiple endings to our saga. Makes me think we might explore the multiverse in Season 2

• Like 9

ooh that Beck Bennett is such a salty boy

I hear he likes to pour salt on his food-toys.

I did initially think the argument between Beck and the Handbook Fellas would be because Beck was on Doughboys first.

• Like 10

I wanna see S&H resurrect Theatre of Life. Maybe they could work some stuff out at the Cellar.

• Like 7

This week on nohorseman finally gets a joke:

Something I learned from the AV Club Podmass comments:

When Sean said "you are our advertising budget" a couple of weeks ago or whenever, that was a roast on promotion for Don't Think Twice. Apparently they said that a lot in the Q&A that maybe runs after the movie?

hahaha yes yes I get it that is very good

• Like 17

PLEASE, do not surprise me with photos of the joker. i don't need that kind of chaos in my life right now

• Like 13

HHFFFL Week Five final scores:

Podcast Hosts Doing iTunes Review Bit & In Memory Of Vinyl Stickers on Average Cars OVER Roy Scheider, the Marines, Sean & Hayes & the NE Patriots: 37-30

An Army of Crows, Hot Mean Draft Beer & Gord Downie's shiny leather suits OVER Knights of Columbus & the Power of David Bowie: 23-20

Dick Jokes, Vaping Hard af & blowing huge clouds & being smartest kid in class but not do any Work OVER Cool Breeze from Open Window, final statue of liberty scene from OG planet of apes & Babe the blue ox: 31-24

The Troops, Tahini Sauce, kickstarter toaster & Tom hanks' hair in the da vinci code OVER Bo Jackson, Katie Ledecky & the Arizona Cardinals Defense: 31-14

Fart Sound, 4 vintage Weird Tales, TCOAPSAHAOTLARTiCA & YakkoWakko.com OVER the Engineers w Super Soakers & Sharks w Laser Beams Attached to their Heads: 27-21

Two Nice Cold Beers & Robert Kraft OVER Half a Handcuff & Ryan Lochte's Olympic Armed Robbery story: 36-33 2OT

Jimmy Stewart going "Whahh!" in Hitchcock movies & Other Half of Handcuff OVER Manti Te'o, Pokemon Go & the Notion of Playing the Season in Memory of Big Floppy Guy: 37-27

Mutant League Football, ASMR Videos, Gluten & Chrs Hrdwck OVER The Pietá & the Memory of Big Floppy Guy Outside Car Dealerships During Sales: 29-28

Today's scores brought to you in part by Blackberry. When blue balls aren't enough, Blackberrys

• Like 9

This week's HH forum fantasy football Pro-Version goes to souprman. His prize is one whole week on the forums free of any shaming. Offer redeemable at most Dairy Queens in the continental United States. Not to be combined with any other anti-shaming coupons. Offer expires 9/20/16

HHFFFL%20wk%205%20pro%20v%20soup.jpg

• Like 15

religion is actually being good, and not the cause of most wars!

heh, jk: "ehm, wong".

• Like 10

it's fucked up that those dweebs at the av club write about other, worse podcasts in podmass so much. at least give HH its own recap every week

• Like 9

I thought this was podmoss? if it isn't, then someone needs to explain to me why my computer is so green and damp

• Like 8

it's fucked up that those dweebs at the av club write about other, worse podcasts in podmass so much. at least give HH its own recap every week

Take a closer look... is it really so surprising??

podmass !!!!

Definition of MASS

Orig: from the Latin messa; literally, dismissal at the end of a religious service* [<<<OMG are you guys seeing this, wtf]

1. the liturgy of the Eucharist especially in accordance with the traditional Latin rite [whoa. what the...?!]

2. a celebration of the Eucharist [dude...?!!!! ?!?!?]

Are we meant to believe it's coincidence that the ONE man who's been brave enough to speak out against Masses and the subsequent deaths they've been directly responsible for (all the deaths of the world, when you really get down to it), is now having his show ignored and subdued by the ruthless zealots over at Podmass?!? Well... nice try, you murderers. We've cracked the case on this one.

*emphasis mine; insightful bracket commentary also mine

• Like 9

Actually, I did think that podmass is a portmanteau of podcast and mass (the religious kind). But now that I read Mekhi's post, I see what a silly idea that is. So what does podmass mean?

• Like 12