🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 2.2 — Theme and Intro: Day 2

Now that Matt has coached our wonderful contestants, let's check in and see what they come up with! Our guest judges are Jason Sklar from Sklarbro Country and Jimmy Pardo from Never Not Funny who join Matt to see which theme songs work, which intros are too long, and who have the contest in the bag. Check in tomorrow to hear the bottom three podcasts and to learn who is going home.

Totally Laime was my favorite intro. I agree with the judges. Very clear, concise, and a fun tune.

My second favorite was The Little Dum Dum Club.

I liked the Bob and Dan Cast and Left Handed Radio's intros.

I like Totally Laime's intro as well but it's a little underwhelming to hear on the challenge when they've been using it already on their show.

I feel like given the criticisms of the judges, the 90 second limit really should've been either lower, maybe 60 seconds, or should have really been stressed from the beginning as just a limit and definitely not a target time. 90 seconds is way too long for an intro that won't dramatically change from episode to episode. And it felt like the shows that hit anywhere around 90 seconds really suffered for it. Great show, really enjoying the concept and Besser's a fantastic choice for host.

I really like The Little Dum Dum Club. I am not sure if it is just their accents or the fact that they use the word Dick Head a lot, but they have been my favorite so far.

Totally Laime and The Little Dum Dum Club have been my favorite from the start, they seem to have the best idea of what they're doing. I agreed with the criticism for the most part. Sklarboro Country is my favorite podcast but that podcast doesn't explain itself in any sort of intro so I thought Jay was being a little harsh on that front. I also agree with Joe Ediger that maybe some of the podcasts felt they had to reach 90 seconds rather than that being a max point.

If you happen to listen to Television Zombies these days, we took that criticism to heart right away and cut our intro down to just under 30 seconds.

Besser is totally the "Paula Abdul" of this judging panel.

It was interesting to see how many of the discussions of the intro merged into discussions of the podcast's title. It was clear that the podcasts with a clear sense of their vision were able to more clearly establish their identity than other podcasts. This sense of vision, as we found, doesn't have to be a regimental formula or niche; it can simply be the affect of the podcast, as many listeners so far have identified with the lovable clumsiness of The Little Dum Dum Club.

Still on-board with Totally Laime and Dum Dum. They both popped during their intros and haven't disappointed sense. Loved hearing the critiques this episode and it reminded that this is a truly innovative, unique (one of a kind) show happening right now. Nervous for tomorrow!

I agree the Totally Laime intro was one of the best, but I have a feeling I'd end up fast forwarding through it after an episode or two. There were definitely a bunch of solid intros, but most need to cut down at least 30 seconds.

I can't imagine who'll get the boot tomorrow. Any ideas?

Totally Laime had the best intro and are the frontrunners right now. I think Jason and Jimmy did a good job as judges for this challenge. Interesting to hear how the Judgement Show goes tomorrow. Good work so far.

I find theme songs unnecessary for a podcast. If someone needs information about a show they should just read the description or listen to an episode. A minute and a half was too much time, for a lot of the shows it felt like their true intro was over but they were just trying fill up the remaining time with filler.

The only one that i was confused with/thought did poor (sorry!) was the f-plus show

Hamm radio should just use that tiny bit that goes "what? who?" etc.

I liked half of the Ham Radio intro. The voices are fun and let you in on how the show will sound plus it's a take on the other shows' intros like Radio Lab, Comedy and Everything Else and The Sound of Young America. The little song was good too. If that was it, it would have been great.

Totally Laime was my favorite followed by the Bob and Dan Cast.

My guess for the bottom three. Beginnings, Television Zombies, and the F Plus.

Hey mates. Thanks to everyone who's said they like us. Why are we here? The time difference is confusing.

I have been listening to eps of The Little Dum Dum Club all morning. These guys are extremely likable and funny. They really hold their own and are totally engaging with guests like Maron and PFT. I haven't listened to any eps with guests I'm not familiar with yet, but I have a feeling they will be just as good. I really recommend it to all you earwolves.

I never thought I would ever know anyone in Crystal Lake, IL that would have anything to do with Earwolf! Go Bob and Dan!

Sign in to follow this