🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Starring; Pamela Adlon, John Glover, Patty Duke, Seth Green

Milly (Pamela Adlon) is annoyed whenever her mom tells her to behave more appropriate for a girl. She's just not interested in fancy dresses or prom dances. Some day her best friend's little brother (Seth Green ) offers her a potion which can make her deepest wish come true during a solar eclipse. She goes through with it and ends up with male genitals, additionally. So she has to decide if she wants to life as boy or girl. Her father, who always wanted a son, supports her in checking out life as a boy. Hence Milly changes school and starts out as Willy. - From IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092216/

One of those mid/late 80s movies that was on HBO that I vaguely remember from my childhood. If I remember correctly the moment before Willy/Milly decides on what gender to be she spins a tacked up letter "M" that proceeds her name "Milly"; it ends up upside down (thus spelling Willy) and the decision is made.

Yes! I remember loving this movie as a 9 year old, but even then I knew the moment when 'Milly' reveals her new gender assignment to her best friend by pulling her pyjama pants open to show her 'his' new junk, was just wrong.

I very clearly remember the spinning 'M' moment too. I shudder to think what the content is on a subject like this from this era. Not sure it would play so well today.

Okay, I'm not gonna lie...I have been wondered what the title of this movie was forever. It also went by the name Something Special. I remember watching it on cable as a kid forever could not remember what it was.