🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
halffiction

IPhone App 2.0

Just downloaded the new IPhone app. It looks super spiffy! Unfortunately, I can't get it to work. I hit play on Affirmation Nation, it played for half a second, then booted me out of the app. I've tried playing other podcasts and I keep getting booted out.

Any suggestions? I miss listening to Earwolf in the car!

Thanks!

Hi Candice, this problems plaguing a very small percentage of users, and I'm trying to figure out a solution. Would you mind helping beta test the fix? I've got no way of knowing if what I do fixes it since I can't recreate the problem on my end, so it'd be a huge help. Just email me at shahruz @ earwolf.com if you're interested. It'd be a huge help.

It's working great for me! Very happy with the update. Now if u can just get a place with air conditioning up in that beeyotch...

I'm having a problem similar to Candice. The app was working OK, but I tried to do something and it kicked me out and now I can't get back in - it starts up and immediately kicks me out.

@Brian That's something that's been fixed in the update I've submitted. To fix it in the meantime, just delete and reinstall the app. Sorry for the trouble!

Mine is having the same problem. I can get into the app but anything will only play for a second before the app crashes. I've uninstalled and redownloaded and I'm having the same issue.
App looks fantastic. Anything I can do to help get the issues resolved?
Thanks again for all your hard work.

@Gym It's been fixed successfully and submitted to Apple. If you want to get it early, shoot me an email at shahruz at earwolf dot com, and I'll get you an early copy.

The app is great. It's been working well for me after a couple of issues the last couple of weeks. I've been able to play episode in order without it crashing.

The thing I'm finding wrong with the beta right now, is the app when stopped and then restarted later skips almost 5 minutes back. Also push notifications are not working yet. All in all, the news update is working pretty good. Great Job Shahruz!

Thanks for all of your work on the new iPhone app. I am really enjoying it. One problem I have had a few times lately is that it will start playing podcasts when I hang up a phone call, even when I was not listening to a podcast when the phone call started. I would appreciate a fix, as I am not always in situations where playing Earwolf podcasts out loud is appropriate. Thanks!

@Liam It's been fixed in an update hopefully coming out sometime today or early tomorrow (depending on Apple...).

@tick0 Thanks! Both of those things are fixed in the minor update that Apple just marked as "In Review" a couple hours ago. So hopefully it'll be out sometime today, or early tomorrow.

@Brad Yeah, that was a weird bug, sorry. But it's been fixed. Look out for an update today or tomorrow!

Sign in to follow this