🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Threshold

The Canon Drinking Game

What are the idiosyncrasies of D&A that recur in each episode?

I have 2 to start off with:

Amy: Will end each episode with a loving discussion of "The little things"

Devin: 'Yuge', 'Yumanity', 'Unreal', 'Profoundly misunderstood the movie'

• Like 1

Drink whenever you learn a little more than you wanted to know about the actresses Devin finds sexually attractive.

• Like 3

Take a shot every time Devin mansplains macho tough guy actors, traditional masculine appeal and story beats to Amy and exasperates half the fanbase in the process.

• Like 1

How about you just take a shot whenever Devin belittles Amy or her opinions on films he claims to know/care about more than she does? It's general. But it'll getcha drunk.

Also, every time Amy sighs in exasperation at something Devin just said to her.

Drink whenever you learn a little more than you wanted to know about the actresses Devin finds sexually attractive.

I honestly have no problem with this. I'm perfectly happy with D&A talking about their cinematic crushes. I'm a lil' surprised Amy didn't talk more about her Bowie fixation in the Labyrinth episode. Because I'm sure she had one. I'm certain. She had to have.

All the same, I'll drink to every time D&A wanna go into this. It's always really entertaining for me to hear such stories.

• Like 2

One shot for a yellow scarf comment from Amy, two if Devin calls it out.

One shot when Devin predicts the forum response of an episode.

One shot for every Pauline Kael reference--out of reverence.

One shot for every time Devin smacks Roger Ebert--as an amen.

One shot for every time Devin calls something out for being one of the all-time greats, or all-time worsts of some trope of film.

One shot for when Amy is called on to defend A Million Ways to Die in the West.

Get-Out-of-Shot-Free whenever engineer Sam pops in.

• Like 1

One shot when Devin predicts the forum response of an episode.

That's a center/gimme square in the Bingo card if anything is.

One shot for when Amy is called on to defend A Million Ways to Die in the West.

Hee! I DO wanna hear this defended in depth.

• Like 2

How about you just take a shot whenever Devin belittles Amy or her opinions on films he claims to know/care about more than she does? It's general. But it'll getcha drunk.

If the idea is just to get buzzed, don't do this. This one's for when you want to commit suicide by alcohol.

Take a shot whenever Devin states an opinion and is compelled to add how controversial it is and that people here in the forums is going to flip out.

Take a shot whenever Amy says she's not reading the comments of the Pennies from Heaven thread. We know you do, Amy!

A sip of beer every time they say the title of a movie or an actor's name multiple times in the same sentence. A shot if it's after the first 10 minutes of the episode.

"What I like about "Stand By Me" is that in "Stand By Me"..."

I'm a lil' surprised Amy didn't talk more about her Bowie fixation in the Labyrinth episode. Because I'm sure she had one. I'm certain. She had to have.

I'm sure Devin did as well (if you read his heartfelt memorial article). So did every breathing human of every sexual orientation, for that matter ;-)

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this