🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
johnadams

Vertical Limit (2000)

Extreme Mountain Climbing, Explosions, Bill Paxton and Chris O'Donnel. What could possibly go wrong?

• Like 2

This film was also one of the last major film roles Chris O'Donnell made following the aftermath of Batman and Robin, where after this movie he took a hiatus before eventually scoring a steady TV gig with NCIS: Los Angeles.

I don't recall them doing a Bill Paxton movie yet but this looks like a good one to me, based on the trailer.

Watched this last night, here are my notes:

Any movie that opens with a flying American eagle, yep you read that one right. a big American eagle fly's by the camera but not a real one a stolen from Disney type Animal Tronics type eagle, this sets the mood for the film. it's as stupid as it seems. it's like the director read the script and said yep we got to get a eagle it says it on paper so that means we have to copy it word for word.but mr director isn't that going to look cheesy? Fuck no, it's American.

Bill Paxton is a natural born leader. he could have been a motivational speaker in another life.

What a great spin on "stop your grinning and drop your linen" we get "what did you think, she was going to raise her skirt and lower her panties!" what a gem.

The only one I can remember, Bill Paxton didn't give us a lot of one liners in this film. :-(

We also get to see the worlds first shoe bomb in this film. clearly this is the inspiration behind the idea. LOL

after watching this film I am not sure if this is a HDTGM film, it's got some crazy moments in it but it's really long and boring, I found it. another thing that annoyed me was the music sound track. it got on my nerves at times. it's like they wanted to make a action movie but didn't. I didn't find it a fitting sound track for the film.

Not sure maybe Cliffhanger would be a better film, I have not seen that one yet. But plan to do so now, just to compare the two gems stones.

Cliffhanger would make for a good episode as it has a bunch of Stallone-isms and weird slow-mo scenes. Then you add John Lithgow chewing scenery like a sonuvabitch and randomly killing members of his own crew, it would be a much more fun and light episode than this movie, which really doesn't know what it wants to be most of the time.

Your right, it's all over the place. mind you I did enjoy seeing Robin Tunney, she's really cute as a young lady. I know her from watching The Mentalist.

I like the part with Scott Glenn, ohh shit they are going up the mountain I better start shaving.. and then when they get into trouble and ask him for help he says Nope, why should I help you?. well for one your clean shaving and for two your packing up a lot of gear!!! did they ever explain the missing part of his foot? GRR

Sign in to follow this