🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 447 - These Are the Worst

Aya Cash and Kether Donohue of FXX’s You’re the Worst are part of the CBB First-Timers Club! Aya, Kether, Scott, and this week’s co-host Bone Queef chat about their real names sounding fake, why Bing should replace Google as the go to search engine, and the new season of You’re the Worst. Later, a new guest by the name of Daniel arrives to talk about a previous time they’ve met Scott and their interest in getting into VR.

Kate Berlant has the most annoying Earwolf picture I've ever seen. There's something about it that just boils my blood.

Haven't listened yet, just felt like saying something honest about something being the worst, going along with the episode title. To be clear, it doesn't actually affect my daily life or bother me in a significant way, I just recognize that it's the fucking worst every time I see it.

Maybe I'm just in a shitty mood. Maybe the world is just a shitty place, and Kate Berlant grabbing her face and pulling some stupid over-the-top expression just makes it a tiny bit worse. Maybe this post is the worst and completely unnecessary, but it's too late for that.

• Like 1

I love the Batman v Superman line of questioning to two people who so audibly don't care about that film at all.

"Superman? We don't know how much money he has."

• Like 1

I love You're The Worst, particularly Gretchen and Lindsay. And Kether was great on Whooch last year. Kate Berlant is excellent too, glad she's on more often.

Wondering how Bone Queef extends the character further than the "Bone as in ____" gag though...

All in all I have a C+ level of anticipation for this episode

You're the Worst is greatly underappreciated. It is easy to lump it into the late 20s learning to be adult/dating trope shows, but has some unexpected depth. Last season might have been one of the more honest depictions of chronic depression I've seen on TV. I am just confused why Allan McLeod isn't here.

In other news, Oddbomb attacks a female guest and Stan Sitwell races to hit the like button.

• Like 14

The "back 30 seconds" button (a cautionary tale)

As I was listening to the reenactment of the elevator scene I accidentally pressed the back 30 seconds button (conveniently located on my steering wheel) without realizing it . This led me to believe that Scott entered the elevator, Aya made an LA/NY joke, Kether explained how she would some day retell the elevator story, and then Scott asked another question to Bone-queef and then pretended to re-enter the elevator. I then thought that the characters were doing a bit where they were trying to reenact the reenactment of the elevator scene that they had just created. As they were doing this I convinced myself that I was noting subtle differences from the first time I heard it. After about 30 seconds of really enjoying this bit but wanting to better understand the origin of it, I pressed back 30 seconds. This brought me to when Scott got on the elevator so I pressed back 30 seconds again. 30 seconds later I figured out the error of my ways.

Thanks for listening.

• Like 12

The "back 30 seconds" button (a cautionary tale)

As I was listening to the reenactment of the elevator scene I accidentally pressed the back 30 seconds button (conveniently located on my steering wheel) without realizing it . This led me to believe that Scott entered the elevator, Aya made an LA/NY joke, Kether explained how she would some day retell the elevator story, and then Scott asked another question to Bone-queef and then pretended to re-enter the elevator. I then thought that the characters were doing a bit where they were trying to reenact the reenactment of the elevator scene that they had just created. As they were doing this I convinced myself that I was noting subtle differences from the first time I heard it. After about 30 seconds of really enjoying this bit but wanting to better understand the origin of it, I pressed back 30 seconds. This brought me to when Scott got on the elevator so I pressed back 30 seconds again. 30 seconds later I figured out the error of my ways.

Thanks for listening.

This was a truly wild ride

• Like 7

I get the feeling that if Bone Queef (or Zeke Nicholson in general) had not been on the show, this episode would have been a mess. Aya and Kether didn't really seem to gel quite the way other first time guests have and Daniel was way too subtle of a character. The word 'queef' helped for the easy jokes.

You're the Worst is greatly underappreciated. It is easy to lump it into the late 20s learning to be adult/dating trope shows, but has some unexpected depth. Last season might have been one of the more honest depictions of chronic depression I've seen on TV. I am just confused why Allan McLeod isn't here.

In other news, Oddbomb attacks a female guest and Stan Sitwell races to hit the like button.

Oh good fucking god, I'm such a deplorable men's right activist because I agree that a photo irks me?

Go fuck yourself buddy.

If someone has an issue with Bone-Queef, are they instantly a filthy racist? Or is it just when people don't endlessly kiss the ass of a female comedian improviser? I need to know how the auto-outrage machine works

• Like 1

Oh good fucking god, I'm such a deplorable men's right activist because I agree that a photo irks me?

Go fuck yourself buddy.

If someone has an issue with Bone-Queef, are they instantly a filthy racist? Or is it just when people don't endlessly kiss the ass of a female comedian improviser? I need to know how the auto-outrage machine works

I logged into this account for the first time in a while to tell you to calm down.

• Like 13

Go fuck yourself buddy.

I think you've got "auto-outrage" down pretty well already, dude. Maybe chill out just a touch slash notice you're in a completely different gear than the rest of the board?

• Like 6

Come at me dullards, I'm the overreacter, not the guy who labeled me a sexist because I hit like... because I agreed with a guy that a photo annoyed me.

I mean it's true, if a photo of a woman irks you, you're pretty clearly sexist. I'll let you guys continue lurking on the board eagerly awaiting anyone to say something negative about one of the female guests, you're doing God's work

• Like 2

Lost it here:

Scott: "How about standing erect, but with their back to you?"

Aya: "Erect as in, bone?"

Scott: "And queef as in pussy fart?"

BQ: "Very good."

• Like 7

Come at me dullards, I'm the overreacter, not the guy who labeled me a sexist because I hit like... because I agreed with a guy that a photo annoyed me.

I mean it's true, if a photo of a woman irks you, you're pretty clearly sexist. I'll let you guys continue lurking on the board eagerly awaiting anyone to say something negative about one of the female guests, you're doing God's work

It is more the frequency which it seems to occur. Very clear patterns.

"Come at me dullards..." Tell me that isn't some fedora-wearing shit right there.

• Like 10

It is more the frequency which it seems to occur. Very clear patterns.

"Come at me dullards..." Tell me that isn't some fedora-wearing shit right there.

It's just a podcast reference, but I can tell the humor over there would be far too offensive for a delicate flower like you.

You're just the guy who is apparently tallying up how many times people commented or (gasp!) liked a post that criticizes specific guests. You must be a joy to be around, have a field day jerking yourself off because I know who I am and it isn't the vivid picture you've painted for yourself after witnessing me like someone else's post.

I think Kate Berlant is very funny, I said her picture is the worst and it annoys me. Calling that an attack and suggesting it's misogynist is exactly why fewer people take claims like that seriously by the day (see: Zarna Joshi, Annaliese Nielson) and it's more than a stretch, but I realize we're not supposed to ever be negative on these forums. I'm sure it's unnecessary and dickish to post that I don't like a picture, but there's just something about it that annoys the hell out of me and I felt like saying it. I apologize on behalf of the patriarchy if I triggered any of you snowflakes. Now, time for me to listen to the episode!

Also it's a bit ironic that some of you get bent out of shape that I said a picture is annoying and stupid, calling that an attack on a female guest, but then you actually do start to gang up to insult someone just for agreeing with the post. It's not surprising though, internet warriors are almost always hypocrites.

I hope we can still be friends and that this forum can continue on like I didn't make that post, because I genuinely regret it. I should just keep those thoughts to myself and instead focus on positive things to say.

I love you.

• Like 9

Wow, the girl that played "daniel" brought this whole episode down. Scott tried to get something out of her, but she just wasn't funny. This episode needed gino Lombardo badly. He would have brought the filth out of Aya and kether.